Food Thread: Is there anything better than...

i gotta tell you guys & gals...one of the best salads going out there is the quesadilla explosion salads from chili's.

even if you haven't tried one yet, go ahead and thank me now....

oh, btw...guess where i ate lunch today.

:D

ct

OMG Milos is still kick ass!

Dreamland ribs = ummmmmmm

But give me a good ole Mom & Pop meat and three anywhere in the south...im happy.

"If it aint fried...you don't want it"

The Dreamland's here in Montgomery sucks some big you know what....

I have eaten there twice and I am now scared to ever go back...It does not do much business at all either...

Guest Tigrinum Major

I have eaten there twice and I am now scared to ever go back...It does not do much business at all either...

142441[/snapback]

The original is still the best, but the one in Birmingham is good, too. Me and some of my basketball referee buddies try to go there after we have our meetings on Sundays to eat some ribs and drink a beer or two.

142441[/snapback]

The original is still the best, but the one in Birmingham is good, too. Me and some of my basketball referee buddies try to go there after we have our meetings on Sundays to eat some ribs and drink a beer or two.

142446[/snapback]

Hmmm, I always thought you guys were drinking before the games. :roflol:

Milo's double cheese, fries with extra Milos sauce for dipping, and a large Milos sweet tea(light ice always) Mmmm... That would be my request for my final meal.

I was lucky enough to live close enough to walk to milo's. What a late night treat that was.

If we're getting technical (or just shamelessly trying to expand the thread) about it, the crab cakes at Scoma's in SF was probably the best thing I've ever eaten (and they should be for an $18 appetizer). My mouth still waters just thinking about them.

Yeah, really...combine roughage with Mexican food and, well...OK, I'll stop.

A crawfish platter from Pappadeaux is a nice treat every now and again...I think I could eat my considerable weight in mudbugs.

Have you guys seen that pamphlet called:

"100 dishes to eat in Alabama before you die"?

I think thats the name. It is awesome! Just reading that thing makes me hungry. They have dishes listed from almost every city of 5000 people or more in the state and even some smaller cities. I think there are 3 or 4 dishes listed from Auburn. One of them was Grilled Chilean Sea Bass over Crawfish Jumbalaya from some restaraunt up there. I am gonna try that one day for sure.

The Chili's here in Montgomery closed down, so I just stick to Wings and Backyard Burgers...

142393[/snapback]

Montgomery can't sustain a single Chilis? What's happening to that town?

I sure do miss Wolf Bay Lodge's to go dishes 2 minutes from me. they will reopen in a couple of weeks I hope. Love those popcorn shrimps.

Been a rough few months down there...has the movie theater reopened yet? My mom and I had to go to Daphne when I was visiting at Christmas.

Wolf Bay is indeed fine food...I usually get a big ol' helping of fried crawfish when I go...love their cocktail sauce.

well, i'm shocked (and slightly surprised) no one has come back on here singing the praises of the quesadilla explosion.

you bunch of reprobates wouldn't know good food if it crawled up in your lap & died.

:big:

as far as dreamland goes, the only place i had it is the original place in tuscaloosa. i wouldn't even buy it from their little cart they'd haul out for football games because i was afraid it wouldn't be as good.

ct

ct, I thinkthe other dreamland places started going down hill when they started offering things besides ribs...why why why would you EVER go to dreamland and ask for chicken?

Man if you did that in ttown dreamland...you would hear the entire place gasp...and youd hear the record scratch in the background :)

When Compton's Cattle Company was open in Auburn, their filet was like putting bread in your mouth it was so tender. It's a crying shame that they sold out and put ANOTHER mexican restaraunt there in Auburn.

A hot antipasto from “Umberto’s” in New Hyde Park, NY

i sure do miss dreamland....

bs, i can't believe they'd ever offer anything other than ribs & white bread. did someone else buy it out and franchise it?

i sure do miss dreamland....

bs, i can't believe they'd ever offer anything other than ribs & white bread.  did someone else buy it out and franchise it?

144131[/snapback]

No, they are just trying to appeal to a wider demographic in these other cities. The ttown one is JUST ribs and white bread. Its actually funny to see someone go into the ttown one and ask for chicken.

Archived