Pettway-less running game

DyeCampAlum

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Totally understand you, man. It's definitely an extreme thing that has happened to us. An inordinately high number of injuries. I don't think any team would be able to survive this number of losses on top of losing their top 3 of the 4 RBs on top of the depth chart prior to the season. Also one of our rotational DEs had a damn appendectomy -- like what the hell are the chances of THAT? Freak stuff really. 

Is it wrong that I hope bama has a steak dinner to celebrate their upcoming Iron Bowl win the night before the game, next week, and half their team gets food poisoning? Only seems fair.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Totally understand you, man. It's definitely an extreme thing that has happened to us. An inordinately high number of injuries. I don't think any team would be able to survive this number of losses on top of losing their top 3 of the 4 RBs on top of the depth chart prior to the season. Also one of our rotational DEs had a damn appendectomy -- like what the hell are the chances of THAT? Freak stuff really. 

Just Auburn bein' Auburn. 

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Is it wrong that I hope bama has a steak dinner to celebrate their upcoming Iron Bowl win the night before the game, next week, and half their team gets food poisoning? Only seems fair.

I'll settle for spiking their gatorade coolers they will use in the Iron Bowl with laxatives. NO WAY linemen can maintain their stance with mud butt brewing. False starts all day!!

Just now, Tiger said:

I'll settle for spiking their gatorade coolers they will use in the Iron Bowl with laxatives. NO WAY linemen can maintain their stance with mud butt brewing. False starts all day!!

Some teammates spiked another teammate's lunch one time. Probably wasn't funny, but I damn sure laughed seeing his face when we got down to the practice field and he said, "Uh oh", and then tried to run back to the field house and get out of his pads at the same time. 

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

While likely hilarious (since the game is at Bryant-Denny and not on the hallowed grounds of Jordan-Hare), I'd prefer the incident be happenstance and not something we actually did to them.  All thought, they could all come down with the flu and they'd find some way to blame us for it.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

While likely hilarious (since the game is at Bryant-Denny and not on the hallowed grounds of Jordan-Hare), I'd prefer the incident be happenstance and not something we actually did to them.  All thought, they could all come down with the flu and they'd find some way to blame us for it.

hahaha true I understand. Very respectable of you. Also, you're right about them blaming us.

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Some teammates spiked another teammate's lunch one time. Probably wasn't funny, but I damn sure laughed seeing his face when we got down to the practice field and he said, "Uh oh", and then tried to run back to the field house and get out of his pads at the same time. 

loooool I can imagine the panic he was experiencing in that moment! I'm sure the "victim" thinks it's a funny story now though....hopefully. 

Some players get hurt, some don't.  There are exceptions, but for the most part it's a pattern.  Not sure if that's luck, or just their DNA and the way they play.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Dang. Just stumbled across this on accident. Prophetic, sadly. 

I know Loof .  I can't understand why any receiver prospects would come to AU. We can't get the ball to them and the coaches can't coach catching a football. Also apparently we don't coach proficient route runing according to pro football scouts. It's sucks and I'm still pissed. 

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I still say I've seen other teams lose a key player here or there, but I've never seen a team lose 12 players... That's an entire offense or defense, plus 1. And that's not counting the ones who might play again or the ones who are playing hurt.

I'll admit,

for a few days now,

been sort'a expecting the OP to change the thread name to

"RB-less running game"

Probably problematic to scheme for.

2 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

I'll admit,

for a few days now,

been sort'a expecting the OP to change the thread name to

"RB-less running game"

Probably problematic to scheme for.

You gotta admit... it would be funny as hell if we beat the mighty bama with Rudy Ford toting the rock.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You gotta admit... it would be funny as hell if we beat the mighty bama with Rudy Ford toting the rock.

In the meantime,

Coach Bielema's argument has apparently resurfaced.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/3/17/8239341/bret-bielema-chris-borland-hurry-up-no-huddle

10 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

In the meantime,

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/3/17/8239341/bret-bielema-chris-borland-hurry-up-no-huddle

I can't compete the way I know how to coach, and I'm not willing to change, so I'll kick and scream until everyone else changes... it is the American way.

14 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Anyone remember 2002 when we were down to our third or fourth running back? Tre Smith burned them for 126 yards that day. Never   Give up.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112513aab.html

21 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I can't compete the way I know how to coach, and I'm not willing to change, so I'll kick and scream until everyone else changes... it is the American way.

God

bless

his heart.

22 minutes ago, WVR said:

Anyone remember 2002 when we were down to our third or fourth running back? Tre Smith burned them for 126 yards that day. Never   Give up.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112513aab.html

Remember it? Tre is still to this day one of my all time favorite Tigers.

2 hours ago, WVR said:

Anyone remember 2002 when we were down to our third or fourth running back? Tre Smith burned them for 126 yards that day.

Absolutely. I was just thinking about that game myself.

2 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

In the meantime,

That's from March...of 2015.

I'm looking forward to seeing Rudy ford getting his shot at running back after 4 years on defense. He has a chance to write history if he can pull off a huge game against this mighty Alabama defense. Can't wait to see what happens next week with Rudy win lose or draw. 

12 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

That's from March...of 2015.

Correct sir.

Sorry.

(Damn bifocals!)

4 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Have I missed it somewhere?  Kam Martin?  Is he hurt? In the doghouse? Young freshman can't pick up the blitz so can't use him?  What gives?

Not sure what you are asking?  He's the remaining injury free, full-time running back in our 3-man rotation going into Saturday.

23 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Kam Martin in no way is ready to carry the load. He has done some good things this year but his time will be next year or the nextaking, imo.

I don't know that he will ever be an every-down back in the SEC.  He's 5' 10", 177... and those are Auburn numbers, which means they are probably generous.  Kerryon has 3" and 40 lbs on him. He's a change of pace back.

Kam can excel in the O-Mac/Corey Grant role if the pieces around him are in place IMO. If we have zero interior running threat his job becomes exponentially harder

Archived