The Alt-Left

AUloggerhead

7 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

it was a moot point and which is simply a fact that, from all appearances, creates a lot of heartburn for you. i didn't realize I had to explain my posts to you. you're in a hole son and best I can tell ya is STOP digging.  Speaking of highly emotionalized responses...you're the master bar none!

If you say so.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I think, like most things, there is some truth in it as well as some reaching.  I believe "America", if looked at as a bell curve, lives under the bell and you have the extremes on both sides. I do believe the MSM and Hollywood are much closer to the far left than the center and try to shift the curve towards the left.

Nevertheless the OP is proposing there is an equivalent of a self-identified white nationalist group on the political left.  

ICHY got it right. This is a pathetic effort to assign a non-existent counter movement on the left in order to look normal. It's projection.  We have the alt right, so let's give them an "alt left".

Face it, the far right of conservative politics consists of white nationalists.  And considering Trump's appeal to them, as well as his choice of Bannon for strategist, they aren't all that far from the current leadership of the Republican party.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I think, like most things, there is some truth in it as well as some reaching.  I believe "America", if looked at as a bell curve, lives under the bell and you have the extremes on both sides. I do believe the MSM and Hollywood are much closer to the far left than the center and try to shift the curve towards the left.

I'm not sure you are looking at the correct curve.  Maybe what we should be thinking about is a curve based on power, not party/ideology?  Maybe the distribution is not a normal one?

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Actually, it is not a moot point.  The article wishes to relabel the political left without redefining the political left.  

Exactly-- they hope to train the non-critically thinking, like Blue, to recite it.

Archived