Auburn fans: Lets Unite Against al.com

ellitor

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

Creapa is a horrible excuse for a beat writer.  Not saying he has to be all roses with the team but trying to turn everything into a soap opera is frickin really old now. You can almost can hear the other writers in the room exhale when Gus just gives him some bs coach speak.  

I'm sure there are a handful of deep pocketed, crimson wearing benefactors who keep him on the path.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take everything you read on Al.Com with a grain of salt.

i thought we already had united against them?? I never go there if I can ever help it even for local / regional news...

I thought this was just an "understood" thing for Auburn fans... you know, kinda like the "CODE RED" from A Few Good Men...

Prosecutor:  "did you re-post that Biased Al.com article"

Defendant: "I did what I had to do... DEEP down, some where you don't talk about at parties... you WANT to read that Article... you NEED to read that Article.. You want answers..."

Prosecutor: " I Want the TRUTH!"

Defendant: "You CAN'T HANDLE the TRUTH!!...  It's BIASED and I REPOSTED it!!"

24 minutes ago, JGLEATON said:

i thought we already had united against them?? I never go there if I can ever help it even for local / regional news...

I thought this was just an "understood" thing for Auburn fans... you know, kinda like the "CODE RED" from A Few Good Men...

Defendant: "I did what I had to do... DEEP down, some where you don't talk about at parties... you WANT to read that Article... you NEED to read that Article.. You want answers..."

Yeah well...I didn't get the email.

23 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

That was dominating? I'm not a X & O's football person at all but Lett won that battle. 

And neither is the Gump that wrote the headline for that video at Al.com. :big:  (Seriously though, the folks that have said that Al.com slants their coverage/articles/headlines to play to the masses of Gumps in the state appear to me to be on the right track.)

22 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

And neither is the Gump that wrote the headline for that video at Al.com. :big:  (Seriously though, the folks that have said that Al.com slants their coverage/articles/headlines to play to the masses of Gumps in the state appear to me to be on the right track.)

Yep...so true....but I guess some folks have to rediscover that fact every now and then..  But it's good for AU fans to be aware....and maybe cut our coaches a bit of slack when they are so un-revealing (coach speak) when dealing with the media....which seems to be predominantly populated by al.com contributors.  

I confess that I check that site regularly because they sometimes have some informative stuff but my "BS Meter" is always set to super-sensitive

AL.com is nothing more than sleazy tabloid reporting and writing. Quit paying attention to those hacks years ago.

15 hours ago, JGLEATON said:

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yeah well...I didn't get the email.

Glad your official onboard now E.   We have been waiting for ya!  ?

would it not do better to start a serious email campaign to creps bosses? if you get the number high enough they will take a hard look if it means they are losing significant. but then you have to get folks willing to do the work it takes and not just a boycott kinda thing. personally i am not big on al.com for many reasons but i want to know what they are saying about auburn because it is important to me and i have just never liked censorship. and i can promise you i am as big an auburn fan as anyone on this board. i honestly believe that if you boycott and yet remain silent it does not good. talk to owners and stock holders by the thousands and you get their attention. if someone smarter than me.....which is not hard to be.........posts their email addys or snail mail addies raising enough hell  they will take notice. i do not care how many people love the turds i am willing to bet those same people love money more.

and ellitor should this not be in media?

Most popular team in the state and across the nation because of the hate toward them. You want clicks or views toward what brings people in so you always will report on the tide more than us and tilt the news for them to click more. 

This happens with the NFL with the patriots and cowboys, and NBA with the cavaliers. Yankees of the MLB.

dont take offense to how the media works

bet if we dominate the sec 2 years ina row we would be the go to team. That's why people report on LSU as the second SEC team

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:09 PM, bigbird said:

Leff played it well. Took the initial punch well, but got a little over extended at the end when Anderson shed the block.

that's when you have to have that ability to use his momentum trying to shed, keep him locked up and pull him through...very similar to the principles judo throwers use...that's why I like my guys to position their hands a little lower and inside...refs have told me repeatedly if my guys keep their hands inside they do not call holding

45 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

would it not do better to start a serious email campaign to creps bosses? if you get the number high enough they will take a hard look if it means they are losing significant. but then you have to get folks willing to do the work it takes and not just a boycott kinda thing. personally i am not big on al.com for many reasons but i want to know what they are saying about auburn because it is important to me and i have just never liked censorship. and i can promise you i am as big an auburn fan as anyone on this board. i honestly believe that if you boycott and yet remain silent it does not good. talk to owners and stock holders by the thousands and you get their attention. if someone smarter than me.....which is not hard to be.........posts their email addys or snail mail addies raising enough hell  they will take notice. i do not care how many people love the turds i am willing to bet those same people love money more.

and ellitor should this not be in media?

uh no,,their bosses work for uat.

4 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

uh no,,their bosses work for uat.

link?

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW this was Rainer Sabin not CRAP-ea this time so he can be added to the AU don't like list.

Is this idiot a spuat beat writer?  If so, who cares?  "Crapea" can be fixed easily, the AU AD just needs to ban his access to the program and make it public.

wde

22 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Is this idiot a spuat beat writer?  If so, who cares?  "Crapea" can be fixed easily, the AU AD just needs to ban his access to the program and make it public.

wde

Yes but the wrong headline & video title still represents the papers views as they OKed the mess.

13 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Let's quit bragging about how we don't go there in years and spread the word. I'm posting the boycott on twitter, facebook. 

I did that when the article came out.

Archived