Auburn fans: Lets Unite Against al.com

ellitor

I like to poke fun at the bammers here and there on the comment sections. I go there about once every 6 weeks and usually longer like 8-10 weeks. If by some rare  chance they post a good Auburn article, that is linked with this site, I will read it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought we started this in 2010. They are posting to their readers. Not anything new. Just as trustworthy as the National Enquirer. 

Bias ?

Once there was a race between the mascots of the two two largest schools in the state.

Of course the Tiger blew away the pachyderm.  The next day headlines on al.com  were:

Alabama comes in second, Auburn finishes next to last.

19 hours ago, CCslim said:

Most popular team in the state and across the nation because of the hate toward them. You want clicks or views toward what brings people in so you always will report on the tide more than us and tilt the news for them to click more. 

This happens with the NFL with the patriots and cowboys, and NBA with the cavaliers. Yankees of the MLB.

dont take offense to how the media works

bet if we dominate the sec 2 years ina row we would be the go to team. That's why people report on LSU as the second SEC team

You are either trolling or very naïve if you believe that the media in the state of Alabama operates this way. 

On 1/26/2017 at 8:08 PM, augolf1716 said:

meh. Tate blocked me months ago on Twitter. Not a good way to get prospective customers to your pay site.

6 hours ago, imaolgatiger said:

You are either trolling or very naïve if you believe that the media in the state of Alabama operates this way. 

Not naive, unlike you i actually watch sports outside of CFB and Auburn and see how it works

6 hours ago, imaolgatiger said:

Back in the Tubberville/Shula years there were definitely attempts by the media to troll Bama fans. But we didn't have Twitter back then. What has changed is Twitter is an extension of these media sites.

1 hour ago, CCslim said:

Not naive, unlike you i actually watch sports outside of CFB and Auburn and see how it works

You don't know anything about me! This thread is about AL.com....and you are clueless if you think that AL.com works that way. This thread is not about the NATIONAL MEDIA, so maybe you should pay more attention to the discussion at hand.

Out of curiosity, what other sports do you watch that you feel makes your knowledge of AL.com superior to others?  

On 1/26/2017 at 7:16 PM, penguin149 said:

Haven't been on that site in years.  The articles are bad enough but the comments.....what a bunch of booger-eating, in-bred morons!

Your life will be much better if you avoid crap like that.

A bunch of bogger-eating, in-bred morons. I have to admit Penquin, I LIKE IT!

On 1/26/2017 at 8:02 PM, ellitor said:

Not new. Just never seen it that explicitly blatant & wrong before.

I posted the same comment on each side just reversed teams. The one on the mullet side was deleted in 10 minutes the other was still there last I checked.

for the record when i add an article on here from any site it is for the board to read and not any nefarious purposes. if they post a crap article i think auburn fans have a right to see it. and many days they are pretty much the only ones to post any news. off and on for over ten years or so the site pains me to no end because it takes forever for the site to quit loading. but i take that bullet for my fellow auburn posters.

Reality is, every Auburn fan in the world could boycott AL.com and it wouldn't mean a thing, because 1. we are outnumbered by bama fans and 2. most of us don't read it anyway. It's just like all of the other protests that go on... more often than not they don't actually accomplish anything.

If you want to punish al.com for their transgressions, you have to get their advertisers do the work for you. Know someone who is advertising with them? Talk to them about stopping. They lose enough ad dollars and they will address the issue.

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Reality is, every Auburn fan in the world could boycott AL.com and it wouldn't mean a thing, because 1. we are outnumbered by bama fans and 2. most of us don't read it anyway. It's just like all of the other protests that go on... more often than not they don't actually accomplish anything.

If you want to punish al.com for their transgressions, you have to get their advertisers do the work for you. Know someone who is advertising with them? Talk to them about stopping. They lose enough ad dollars and they will address the issue.

But,

isn't lack of ads the reason

They backed away from daily newspapers to begin with?

12 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

But,

isn't lack of ads the reason

They backed away from daily newspapers to begin with?

Combination of that and cutting costs, but their revenue is still ad based.  No one pays you for clicks. Clicks are just measurables to help you get ad revenue.

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

38 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Combination of that and cutting costs, but their revenue is still ad based.  No one pays you for clicks. Clicks are just measurables to help you get ad revenue.

I think I got it. If I ain't buds w./an advertiser, I don't matter.

9 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

I think I got it. If I ain't buds w./an advertiser, I don't matter.

You could... if you use their products and are willing to stop using them to get your way. By know someone, I meant know who their advertisers are... I don't.

bummer guys. there are many days there is no news but what might be posted on the dreaded "site". but let me tell you as a computer dummy i used to spend twenty mins or more copying and pasting and then trying to removed ads and the other bull out of the article[ then i found the little book icon which made it easier.] i am willing to bet and i could dang well be wrong but if you did a poll with no names and one vote per person  maybe not all feel this way and might speak out if they knew they would not be attacked. i mean i hate a whole bunch of things espn and other sports stations said  during the cam investigation and i bet most auburn fans feel the same way. but how many of us hate a station so bad we refuse to watch an auburn game on their site if it was not available on other sites? i am willing to bet most of us watch the game right? i admit i would. i never miss an auburn game if i can help it and i am willing to bet most of you feel like i do. i am not taking up for the dreaded "site" but the freedom to publish an article concerning auburn that others might enjoy reading. does this make any sense to any of you folks?

34 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

bummer guys. there are many days there is no news but what might be posted on the dreaded "site". but let me tell you as a computer dummy i used to spend twenty mins or more copying and pasting and then trying to removed ads and the other bull out of the article[ then i found the little book icon which made it easier.] i am willing to bet and i could dang well be wrong but if you did a poll with no names and one vote per person  maybe not all feel this way and might speak out if they knew they would not be attacked. i mean i hate a whole bunch of things espn and other sports stations said  during the cam investigation and i bet most auburn fans feel the same way. but how many of us hate a station so bad we refuse to watch an auburn game on their site if it was not available on other sites? i am willing to bet most of us watch the game right? i admit i would. i never miss an auburn game if i can help it and i am willing to bet most of you feel like i do. i am not taking up for the dreaded "site" but the freedom to publish an article concerning auburn that others might enjoy reading. does this make any sense to any of you folks?

I love sports, all kinds of sports not just college/Auburn and I watch ESPN when I'm home and I read their publications online as well.  I couldn't care less about the Newton saga from over 7 yrs ago.  In fact, I'm not sure it even crosses my mind when I'm watching games. sporting events or sporting news on ESPN daily.

I don't care for AL.com or their writers and if I want to read al.com I know how to find their site on my own without someone bringing it to this board.

40 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You could... if you use their products and are willing to stop using them to get your way. By know someone, I meant know who their advertisers are... I don't.

aaawww shoot. Now I'm back to clueless, but my confusion is now better narrowed to the mechanics of how such a campaign might be conducted.

Mr. Advertiser, sir:

For my last 50 clicks on that rag, I've seen your ad there every time. Please know that I will be clicking there daily, at least until I find your ad gone. Please further know that as long as I keep seeing your ad, you will receive notice of one click/day that in no way will be generating any sales revenue to your establishment.

Sincerely and

Trust me,

a customer

Mr. KC, sir - I can see no fault in your explanation of the way things work, but can find little more value in your alternative strategy than the (admittedly, probably useless) original click-denial proposal. Maybe I'm just jaded.

i respect your opinion keesler but i humbly disagree. you are not the only reader on here and if you go back and look at the posts i have made in the past the ones from that dreaded "site" sure did get a lot of reads. if it is possible go look and see for yourself. once again i am not defending them i am defending the right to post information on here some might want to read. and the thing that does bother me a tad is many....but not all.never take the time to post an article on here. my posting articles on here is for simply those that might want to read them and not upset anyone. hell if i boycotted something every single time i got upset about something my life concerning news, food , and many other things would be very lacking. i just do not get why some of you do not understand i post for the aufam and not for al.com. when it comes to auburn i want to read all i can find. there are many days i come in here and there is nothing new to read so we can new discussions.

11 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

aaawww shoot. Now I'm back to clueless, but my confusion is now better narrowed to the mechanics of how such a campaign might be conducted.

Mr. Advertiser, sir:

For my last 50 clicks on that rag, I've seen your ad there every time. Please know that I will be clicking there daily, at least until I find your ad gone. Please further know that as long as I keep seeing your ad, you will receive notice of one click/day that in no way will be generating any sales revenue to your establishment.

Sincerely and

Trust me,

a customer

Mr. KC, sir - I can see no fault in your explanation of the way things work, but can find little more value in your alternative strategy than the (admittedly, probably useless) original click-denial proposal. Maybe I'm just jaded.

Let me see if I can explain it more thoroughly by penning my own simulated note to the advertiser.

Mr. Advertiser -

I am a loyal user of your [insert product name], but I find it very disturbing that you sponsor an organization like Al.com, who utilizes their platform to promote lies, stir up controversy, and generally demean a large amount of people in the state of Alabama in what seems to be an effort to serve the desires of the University of Alabama. If you choose to continue to support such an organization, I am going to have to cease doing business with you and get my [insert product name] elsewhere.

Thank you for your time.

Customer

They get enough letters like that, combined with actually seeing the decrease in revenue that comes with people not buying their product, and they will seriously reconsider whether they want to advertise on AL.com.  At which point, AL.com begins to hear from these advertisers telling them why they are considering pulling out, and then AL.com has to decide if they want to continue their questionable reporting, or stay in business.

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i respect your opinion keesler but i humbly disagree. you are not the only reader on here and if you go back and look at the posts i have made in the past the ones from that dreaded "site" sure did get a lot of reads. if it is possible go look and see for yourself. once again i am not defending them i am defending the right to post information on here some might want to read. and the thing that does bother me a tad is many....but not all.never take the time to post an article on here. my posting articles on here is for simply those that might want to read them and not upset anyone. hell if i boycotted something every single time i got upset about something my life concerning news, food , and many other things would be very lacking. i just do not get why some of you do not understand i post for the aufam and not for al.com. when it comes to auburn i want to read all i can find. there are many days i come in here and there is nothing new to read so we can new discussions.

No worries, fifty.  I consider what you do a service... you post the article here, so they get 1 click (yours) for the 100+ reads it gets on this site.

Archived