Corruption At The Fed?

icanthearyou

I doubt if anyone will be held accountable. The government does not take action against government officials. Look at the issues at the VA one scandal after another and the only ones being punished are the whistleblowers. It is sad but the top dogs in the government protect their own. Now if some lowly secretary had gotten minutes of the meeting and confirmed the information with the same company the secretary probably would have gone to jail. We have two different standards for criminal behavior one for the people at the top and one for the people at the bottom.

17 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I doubt if anyone will be held accountable. The government does not take action against government officials. Look at the issues at the VA one scandal after another and the only ones being punished are the whistleblowers. It is sad but the top dogs in the government protect their own. Now if some lowly secretary had gotten minutes of the meeting and confirmed the information with the same company the secretary probably would have gone to jail. We have two different standards for criminal behavior one for the people at the top and one for the people at the bottom.

The political divide provides great cover.  Maybe we should all stop worrying about ideology and focus more on ethics.

The Federal Reserve governors apparently are not government officials it is a hybrid organization deliberately constructed so that the members can't be influenced by the government and it seems that its almost impossible to fire one of the Governors....almost like being appointed a judge.   It's a secret society in some ways....nobody knows which banks are the major players....or to what extent.    It is supposed to have certain principles but the US government can't enforce anything against them as far as I could find out.    One of the major Libertarian issues is an audit of the Federal Reserve to find out what it's assets are...and even to find out who it actually is.

https://www.newyorkfed.org/aboutthefed/fedpoint/fed46.html

19 hours ago, AU64 said:

The Federal Reserve governors apparently are not government officials it is a hybrid organization deliberately constructed so that the members can't be influenced by the government and it seems that its almost impossible to fire one of the Governors....almost like being appointed a judge.   It's a secret society in some ways....nobody knows which banks are the major players....or to what extent.    It is supposed to have certain principles but the US government can't enforce anything against them as far as I could find out.    One of the major Libertarian issues is an audit of the Federal Reserve to find out what it's assets are...and even to find out who it actually is.

https://www.newyorkfed.org/aboutthefed/fedpoint/fed46.html

Thank you I learned something from this.

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Thank you I learned something from this.

Thanks...one of the few things that Rand Paul and I agree on....auditing the Fed...but I don't ever see it happening.  That would be too much "sunshine" for most people. 

I see the Fed Governors on TV...CNBC.... quite a bit and individually they seem like smart and honorable guys....so why are they so defensive about people knowing what they are up to ?   That "accountability" thing you mentioned perhaps? ....:dunno:

On 4/6/2017 at 4:28 PM, AU64 said:

Thanks...one of the few things that Rand Paul and I agree on....auditing the Fed...but I don't ever see it happening.  That would be too much "sunshine" for most people. 

I see the Fed Governors on TV...CNBC.... quite a bit and individually they seem like smart and honorable guys....so why are they so defensive about people knowing what they are up to ?   That "accountability" thing you mentioned perhaps? ....:dunno:

The visible Fed, the FOMC and associated technocrats, are academic intellectuals.  Fully indoctrinated Keynesians, they are the cardinal papacy of financial technocracy.  Rumpelstiltskins to be sure, they honestly believe in their cause and contribution.

The official charter is the dual mandate of "control inflation" and "keep unemployment low".  This under the auspice that they (non-democratically) serve the people.  Their job is to maintain the front of legitimacy in monetary policy and the fraudulent fractional reserve system.  (They also may offer you free college and some cheap beachfront property in Vietnam.)

Any audit would be of these guys ^^^. 

The invisible Fed, the shareholders (the real Fed), are quite a different story.  We don't actually "know" who they are.  But statistically, there aren't many that they could be.  Original shareholders (modern names) were JP Morgan (Chase), National City Bank of NY (Citi), Kuhn and Loeb (Am Ex, Morgan Stanley), Warburg (UBS... though Warburg supposedly gave up his share at the time of Nazis).  In other words, Rockefeller, Morgan and Rothschild.  That's all you really need to know.  It should come as no surprise that these very same modern banks get bailouts, have special lending privileges with Fed interest rates and a constant flow of money and lobby (in the form of cabinet members) into DC and institutions of higher learning.  Oh yeah, and with the only exception of Lehman Bros, never go bankrupt.

Archived