2017 Opponents' Spring Games

abw0004

I saw this briefly brought up in another thread, so I thought I would create a new one for discussion.  For our opponents that we face this upcoming 2017 season, how did their Spring games look?  I know the games do not matter much, but can provide some indication of where they are headed as far as players that are replacing those that left for the draft, offensive/defensive schemes, etc.  I know the overviews for most of the teams and how the games went, but further details would help.  Here are the teams we face this year that I am curious about:

Clemson

Mississippi State (ended early due to the vicious targeting penalty)

Ole Miss

LSU (game is April 22nd)

Arkansas (game is April 29th)

Texas A&M

Georgia (game is April 22nd)

Alabama (game is April 22nd)

With many of these games curing this weekend, this may be an ongoing thread, but I thought it would be wise to go ahead and start it now.  :wedance:

Just watched the highlights from Clemson.  The guy they named starter was a good runner but bad passer.  Clemson is hard to tell because the defense might be that good 2 deep too

Clemson is going to be good. No doubt. 

The word is MS St. D is going to be much better. The QB is gonna make some plays, but he is also a TO machine!

There's a whole thread on OM so....

I wanna watch the new QB at bama. Some say he is already better than Hurts. 

LSU and uga games should be interesting as well. 

I did not see or hear anything about tamu game. 

Anybody watch bsmas A-day? Hurts threw a pretty TD pass in the 1st quarter. That's all I could see. How did the rest of the scrimmage look? Looked like another good bama team from the few plays I saw.

LSU game only lasted about an hour, called it bc of weather in the area b4 halftime. I believe they wrapped up with a scrimmage at the indoor facility.

Apparently, Aranda hasn't been too pleased with the defense this spring, but they looked better in the game. DBU, damn it's ridiculous how they stock up on great talent at those spots. Got a true frosh safety that is legit.

Offense was motioning a lot pre-snap and they run a TON of jet sweeps. Other than that pretty much same LSU offense is what they showed. Canada is good, he'll spread the ball around, but Etling is still mediocre and they are worse behind him. 

I saw on al.com that bama had 2 QBs throw for over 300 yards each...did not see if the DBs had taken the day off but the general tone of the comments was for people not to draw any conclusions from what they saw.  

Proof again that spring games don't mean much when forecasting for the coming season.

PS...the announced crowd was 74,000 but the entire upper deck was empty in the picture on al.com and even for a 100K stadium, sounds like the same person who keeps count of their national championships is also in charge of counting people at football games...

On 4/23/2017 at 8:41 AM, AU64 said:

I saw on al.com that bama had 2 QBs throw for over 300 yards each...did not see if the DBs had taken the day off but the general tone of the comments was for people not to draw any conclusions from what they saw.  

Proof again that spring games don't mean much when forecasting for the coming season.

PS...the announced crowd was 74,000 but the entire upper deck was empty in the picture on al.com and even for a 100K stadium, sounds like the same person who keeps count of their national championships is also in charge of counting people at football games...

I watched a decent amount of it. Defense was very vanilla, and lined up in a lot of press man coverage. Both quarterbacks took advantage of those situations regularly. They've got some playmakers on the outside though. 

Archived