Softball vs. Mississppi State - game 2

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a 3-1 pitch, she had to throw it down Broadway and all Wallace needed was a sac fly, she did them one better.  Great comeback.

That's Auburn's first grand slam of the season.   What a great game and terrific finish..    TIGERS WIN 6-2 off 2 7th inning home runs.    WAR EAGLE!!!!

Just now, TigerTennis80 said:

haha! Hope you saw I laughed at myself over that! Good for us! Coming back like we did might be a big moment for this team.

I did. But you were right at the time. It did feel like a while. 

Unreal.  That is exactly the type of win we have been missing. Way to step up ladies.  Carly hits a GS to dead CENTER to put away any doubt.  Miss state played flawless defense tonight and our offense came through.  Cooper got going tonight.  Shout out to the middle infielders. To think McCrackin was put in at short tonight and took advantage. That homer was retribution for the 2B robbing her hit last at bat. Awesome win! That was fun. 

I couldn't see him, but I hope Clint was jumping around like the MSU coach was on their HRs when McCrackin and Wallace were rounding third. 

WOW!!  I don't get to go to very many games, but I got some tickets for tonight's game.  My wife and I sat in the section with several MSU player parents.  They had been the ones cheering most of the game.  Seemed everything we hit hard was right at someone, and their two home runs really had them cheering.  I was real worried after we looked weak in the 6th.  I hoped we would get 1 base runner so we could get back to the top of our order.  Never had any idea McCrackin would come up and hit her first career home run.  OK, new game.  The crowd was standing and cheering putting pressure on MSU's pitchers, and they couldn't stand up to it.  The atmosphere in the park was unbelievable.  When Carlee Clutch hit the long fly ball, I knew we had won the game with at least a sacrifice fly, but when it cleared the fence, the place exploded.  Over 2100 people were standing and cheering for several minutes. WOW!!   After an hour+ drive getting home, I'm still wired.  Ain't going to sleep any time soon. May have trouble staying awake in church tomorrow..  War Eagle!!!!  Great game ladies!!  Thank you for your hard work and great spirit.

OW, I happily stand corrected. One other point.  The way MSU has been pitching Casey Cooper, I don't think she's going to get a chance to break the RBI record this weekend.  It would be fantastic if she could break it in her last regular season game at home, but if she can't....   I hope Alabama pitches to Casey Cooper next weekend.  It would be the next best thing if she broke the RBI record there.  

13 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Game 2 tonight.   Casey McCrackin getting the start at shortstop tonight with Crocker at 2nd.   Kaylee Carlson back in the circle tonight

C-nHvs5UAAA_jKj.jpg

Draper
Cooper
Wallace
Rivera
Veach
Greenwood
Shea
McCrackin
Crocker

Kaylee Carlson pitching

Good call! ESP?

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Good call! ESP?

It's kind of scary how often they make the right call on the player to watch. Seen a few time that whomever they pick, she makes a huge play during the game. 

War Damn Eagle!

13 hours ago, saminbama said:

WOW!!  I don't get to go to very many games, but I got some tickets for tonight's game.  My wife and I sat in the section with several MSU player parents.  They had been the ones cheering most of the game.  Seemed everything we hit hard was right at someone, and their two home runs really had them cheering.  I was real worried after we looked weak in the 6th.  I hoped we would get 1 base runner so we could get back to the top of our order.  Never had any idea McCrackin would come up and hit her first career home run.  OK, new game.  The crowd was standing and cheering putting pressure on MSU's pitchers, and they couldn't stand up to it.  The atmosphere in the park was unbelievable.  When Carlee Clutch hit the long fly ball, I knew we had won the game with at least a sacrifice fly, but when it cleared the fence, the place exploded.  Over 2100 people were standing and cheering for several minutes. WOW!!   After an hour+ drive getting home, I'm still wired.  Ain't going to sleep any time soon. May have trouble staying awake in church tomorrow..  War Eagle!!!!  Great game ladies!!  Thank you for your hard work and great spirit.

It wasn't her first home run.  She hit one earlier in the season and last year as well.

Archived