Has Trump Bugged the White House?

RunInRed

There are days where I almost feel bad for Sean Spicer.  His job is nearly impossible considering his boss.  This is one of those days.

32 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

There are days where I almost feel bad for Sean Spicer.  His job is nearly impossible considering his boss.  This is one of those days.

Every day.

Trump is going to incriminate himself right out of office. I have no doubt. His tweeting problem is going to get him.

1 hour ago, MDM4AU said:

Honest question...what would it matter if there are recorded conversations in the WH? 

Well, for starters, it would mean the recordings could be subpoenaed to verify Trump's claims.

But otherwise, there's nothing illegal or even inappropriate about it, except for possibly not letting the participates know they are being recorded.

Just my couple of pennies but I wouldn't think Trump would want an on the record account that his opponents could gap to all his bloviating.  Sounds like he's giving himself his own rope ... 

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:24 AM, MDM4AU said:

Honest question...what would it matter if there are recorded conversations in the WH? 

Because many people who should be giving their honest assessment of situations may be less willing to do so if they know that they are being recorded.  Think about it.  In most situations, if someone knows they are being recorded, they parse words more often.  That can be problematic when the president needs honest advice to make world changing decisions.

Perfect example is the Bin Laden raid.  We know now that intelligence officials were not 100% sure if Bin Laden was there.  But if that was on the record via tapes, they probably advise against the raid altogether to save their own skin in case of failure.

Archived