Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

AUUSN

6 hours ago, japantiger said:

Still waiting on the nature of the info that was leaked and an actual credible source to the alleged classified leaking....if  the leak was was "ISIS is planning on putting bombs in laptops"; then you've got to be kidding....was there something more that I missed?  And have we devolved into Trump Hate Hysteria to the point that we believe "unnamed sources of unconfirmed unreported directly contradicted information" over human beings actually in the room?  This has gone on for 8 pages and there has still not been one single piece of actual evidence that this "actually" happened...again, did I miss a real piece of evidence?  Real....not "I want it to be true so I will believe anything anybody says bad about Trump" evidence.   

It was about an actual plot and an imbedded source. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/trump-russia-isis-israel-putin-lavrov-kislyak-oval-office-netanyahu-610500%3Famp%3D1

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

So again, is there any direct evidence?  This is all people commenting on something that hasnt been produced....so it is actually heresay  twice removed...is there any actual evidence that he said anything classified that contradicts the two eyewitnesses that were actually in the meeting??   It also makes a falaciouas assertion regarding disclosures to an adversary....Obama disclosed multiple programs and info as did Truman...

3 minutes ago, japantiger said:

So again, is there any direct evidence?  This is all people commenting on something that hasnt been produced....so it is actually heresay  twice removed...is there any actual evidence that he said anything classified that contradicts the two eyewitnesses that were actually in the meeting??   It also makes a falaciouas assertion regarding disclosures to an adversary....Obama disclosed multiple programs and info as did Truman...

You see they don't care what Obama or what other president's have done, unless it's a Republican they can bash too. They only care now and are in a frenzy because it's Trump. I don't really care what Obama did either but in this thread my whole argument has been about the hypocrisy and difference of reaction between Obama and Trump sharing intel with Russia. The very people bashing Trump now said nothing last year about Obama's "enhanced information sharing".

I honestly am not bothered much by this because Trump didn't reveal any methods or sources. Israel who was reported as the source of the intel are still publicly behind Trump. Until they start turning on Trump, I don't see this being worthy of the frenzy type coverage it's received.

4 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

You see they don't care what Obama or what other president's have done, unless it's a Republican they can bash too. They only care now and are in a frenzy because it's Trump. I don't really care what Obama did either but in this thread my whole argument has been about the hypocrisy and difference of reaction between Obama and Trump sharing intel with Russia. The very people bashing Trump now said nothing last year about Obama's "enhanced information sharing".

I honestly am not bothered much by this because Trump didn't reveal any methods or sources. Israel who was reported as the source of the intel are still publicly behind Trump. Until they start turning on Trump, I don't see this being worthy of the frenzy type coverage it's received.

So Israel's Ambassador, defense minister, and and Prime Minister don't count?

27 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Post their comments here and I'll let you know.

44 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

More unnamed sources....got any real human beings to quote that are actually Israeli Intel officials?  It's pretty hard to claim an issue with disclosure of something widely reported for months there swabby that had already resulted in laptop bans on planes coming thru 10 locations...but keep it up...you guys keep looking smarter and smarter....

Israel defense minister:

Israel's defense minister reiterated his country's "deep, significant" ties with the U.S. on Wednesday, a day after it emerged that President Donald Trump had shared highly sensitive Israeli intelligence with Russia.

"The security relationship between Israel and our greatest ally the United States is deep, significant and unprecedented in volume," Avigdor Liberman wrote in a tweet.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/israel-highlights-u-s-ties-after-trump-shares-intel-russia-n760611

and Israel's Ambassador to U.S.

Israeli officials had little public response to the reports. Israel's ambassador to the United States, Ron Dermer, said that “Israel has full confidence in our intelligence-sharing relationship with the United States and looks forward to deepening that relationship in the years ahead under President Trump.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/05/16/donald-trump-russia-classified-the-washington-post/101740022/

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Actually, the "working" liason between intelligence agencies occurs at a much lower level.

The level at which source security is highly valued.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/israel-responding-reports-trump-may-disclosed-sensitive-intelligence-russia/

37 minutes ago, japantiger said:

More unnamed sources....got any real human beings to quote that are actually Israeli Intel officials?  It's pretty hard to claim an issue with disclosure of something widely reported for months there swabby that had already resulted in laptop bans on planes coming thru 10 locations...but keep it up...you guys keep looking smarter and smarter....

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/05/19/trumps-overshare-russian-officials-israeli-intelligence-snapped/

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

Do you think Russia truly shares our interests in Syria?

As for Netanyahu, he hasn't publicly commented on it but was informed by Trump that he would be sharing the information hours before it happened. So Netanyahu was given a heads up. I think if Netanyahu was that upset, he would have commented on it or one of the Israel officials would have commented on it for him. But so far, all the Israel officials that have commented have voiced their continued support of Trump and the U.S.

2 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Israel intelligence minister

http://www.jordantimes.com/news/region/israel-seeks-contain-fallout-trump-intel-sharing

As for Netanyahu, he hasn't publicly commented on it but was informed by Trump that he would be sharing the information hours before it happened. So Netanyahu was given a heads up. I think if Netanyahu was that upset, he would have commented on it or one of the Israel officials would have commented on it for him. But so far, all the Israel officials that have commented have voiced their continued support of Trump.

Your link doesn't support your assertions.

7 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

As for Netanyahu, he hasn't publicly commented on it but was informed by Trump that he would be sharing the information hours before it happened. So Netanyahu was given a heads up. I think if Netanyahu was that upset, he would have commented on it or one of the Israel officials would have commented on it for him. But so far, all the Israel officials that have commented have voiced their continued support of Trump and the U.S.

That's BS.  Trump blurted it out trying to impress the Russians.

And of course Israel is "voicing continued support of Trump and the U.S. on the eve of a Trump's visit.

Are you that naive?

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Your link doesn't support your assertions.

I have several windows open and mistakenly posted that looking for quotes. It still doesn't assert that Israel has turned on Trump. Some are concerned while several officials are still in support of Trump and the U.S.

“Official Israel will not change its tone, but you might see the right-wing turn the pressure up on (Netanyahu),” said Gideon Rahat, a political science professor at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. “I don’t think the government wants to have any problems on a first visit, so they are trying to whitewash in public something Trump may well pay a price for further on, beyond what is publicly visible."

Sallai Meridor, who was Israeli ambassador to the U.S. from 2005 to 2009, said the substance of Israeli-American ties would override whatever damage has been caused by the breach.

“I think Trump can expect a very warm reception here, regardless of the stories," Meridor said. "I think Israelis' basic warm feelings toward America and the Israeli perception that Trump and his administration hold fundamentally pro-Israel positions will guide the visit."

“It is neither the first nor the last time a head of state blurts out something that shouldn’t be said. But this time may be a bit worse than the others,” Sima Shine, former head of research at Mossad, Israel's vaunted intelligence agency, told USA TODAY.

Shine, currently a senior researcher at Tel Aviv’s Institute of National Security Studies, noted two important aspects of the incident. First, “the degree of detail revealed." And second, "that it went to the Russians. They make as if they’re fighting against ISIS, but they are allied to Iran and Hezbollah, who are not our friends, and to the Syrian government. That makes this a worse breach than others of this type.”

Still, “it is not the end of the world," she said. "Relations between the United States and Israel at all levels, including intelligence, are so important to each side, including in the fight against ISIS, ... that I see no real chance future bilateral collaboration will be damaged.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/05/17/israel-president-trump-russia-classified-intelligence/101806338/

11 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I have several windows open and mistakenly posted that looking for quotes. It still doesn't assert that Israel has turned on Trump. Some are concerned while several officials are still in support of Trump and the U.S.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/05/17/israel-president-trump-russia-classified-intelligence/101806338/

Conflate much? No one is 'asserting' Israel has turned on Trump.

The fact is Mossad is upset with Trump shooting his mouth off. Israeli politicians voicing tacit support doesn't change that fact.

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's BS.  Trump blurted it out trying to impress the Russians.

And of course Israel is "voicing continued support of Trump and the U.S. on the eve of a Trump's visit.

Are you that naive?

Netanyahu didn't hold back during the Obama administration. He criticized them repeatedly. 

We'll see if Netanyahu has any stinging criticism after Trump's visit is over.

27 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Netanyahu didn't hold back during the Obama administration. He criticized them repeatedly. 

We'll see if Netanyahu has any stinging criticism after Trump's visit is over.

Image result for obama israel patriot missile

"Unnamed sources" - Totally untrustworthy liars when leaking bad stuff about my side. Brave, patriotic truth tellers when spilling the beans on the other side. 

15 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Sometimes just the intel itself is enough to reveal sources and methods, even if there is no explicit mention of them.  And any action that raises doubts about the President's ability to protect information offered in confidence by one nation complicates and threatens intelligence-sharing agreements with all our allies.  As an analogy:  If I find out my doctor is unprofessionally sharing confidential information about another patient to a third party, why wouldn't I be apprehensive that he could do the same with my information?

14 hours ago, japantiger said:

We don't know the exact content of what Trump told the Russians.  It could have been related to a specific 'laptop bomb' builder, or a specific planned attack at a specific airport on a specific date, disclosure of which could compromise a specific agent or source.  That would be far different than a generalized opinion that 'it's possible to put bombs in laptops, so let's guard against it'.

12 hours ago, quietfan said:

Sometimes just the intel itself is enough to reveal sources and methods, even if there is no explicit mention of them.  And any action that raises doubts about the President's ability to protect information offered in confidence by one nation complicates and threatens intelligence-sharing agreements with all our allies.  As an analogy:  If I find out my doctor is unprofessionally sharing confidential information about another patient to a third party, why wouldn't I be apprehensive that he could do the same with my information?

We don't know the exact content of what Trump told the Russians.  It could have been related to a specific 'laptop bomb' builder, or a specific planned attack at a specific airport on a specific date, disclosure of which could compromise a specific agent or source.  That would be far different than a generalized opinion that 'it's possible to put bombs in laptops, so let's guard against it'.

Another page of back and forth and still no real names or real people that have any knowledge of any real info disclosed....

58 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Another page of back and forth and still no real names or real people that have any knowledge of any real info disclosed....

Fascinating 

On 5/20/2017 at 11:13 PM, japantiger said:

Yeah, that's generally how whistleblowing works.  The important issue isn't having real names right now.  You simply take a look at what they claim and perhaps they point you to places you should be digging deeper.  If you find something, you act accordingly.  If not, then the investigation dies.

On 5/19/2017 at 9:20 PM, Auburnfan91 said:

That's just BS.

This disclosure was not part of a planned agenda.

Archived