Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

AUUSN

Well, this morning in two tweets, Trump kneecapped his staff. 

You'll notice he didn't scream fake news or not true. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

Well, this morning in two tweets, Trump kneecapped his staff. 

You'll notice he didn't scream fake news or not true. 

The tweets were to coherent, I think they were written for him to put out there.

13 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

The tweets were to coherent, I think they were written for him to put out there.

1 minute ago, RunInRed said:

He clearly wrote the last tweet, I was talking about the first two which were written at a junior high level and not his normal 4th grade level of tweets.

I just don't see how anyone who is being honest with themselves can look at this and brush it off as nothing.  The only reason anyone would is that their concern about party and disdain for the other side overrides the commitments to the truth.  This should be troubling no matter who is in office and I know for absolute certain that no one here trying to minimize it now would be taking such a position if this story were about Obama, or if Hillary had won and the same allegations came out.  No one would take the word of a person the POTUS appointed and could fire at any moment as "case closed."

When are we as a people (and I say this to both sides) going to stop being hypocrites about the things that bother us and that we trumpet as dangers and problems - having a conniption when the "their" guy is accused of anything, but becoming almost mute with "our" guy does it, or making excuses for it that we'd never accept from "them."  Folks have got to make the effort to pull themselves outside the political process and the trench warfare of party politics and start striving to view things objectively and hold each side's feet to the fire.  This tendency to only care about things in ways that make our side look good or make the other side look bad is poisonous.

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I just don't see how anyone who is being honest with themselves can look at this and brush it off as nothing.  The only reason anyone would is that their concern about party and disdain for the other side overrides the commitments to the truth.  This should be troubling no matter who is in office and I know for absolute certain that no one here trying to minimize it now would be taking such a position if this story were about Obama, or if Hillary had won and the same allegations came out.  No one would take the word of a person the POTUS appointed and could fire at any moment as "case closed."

When are we as a people (and I say this to both sides) going to stop being hypocrites about the things that bother us and that we trumpet as dangers and problems - having a conniption when the "their" guy is accused of anything, but becoming almost mute with "our" guy does it, or making excuses for it that we'd never accept from "them."  Folks have got to make the effort to pull themselves outside the political process and the trench warfare of party politics and start striving to view things objectively and hold each side's feet to the fire.  This tendency to only care about things in ways that make our side look good or make the other side look bad is poisonous.

Brilliant, love our country first and stand up for what is right.  Well said Sir, spot on.

Poor WP offended because they were not invited to the WH runs another BS fake news piece which is refuted by every one who was in the meeting. WP story fits the narrative of the Trump haters and everyone who was in the meeting is lying ...sure...that's the answer.

30 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Poor WP offended because they were not invited to the WH runs another BS fake news piece which is refuted by every one who was in the meeting. WP story fits the narrative of the Trump haters and everyone who was in the meeting is lying ...sure...that's the answer.

You have no interest in the truth. Just want to be fed lies. Be advised you're gonna have to suspend all critical thinking to keep this up.

Is Trump a loose cannon? Absolutely!

Could that hurt the U.S.? Sure!

Do I wish he would "grow up"? Yes!

Do I wish someone else was POTUS? You bet!

Do I think that Trump is trying to aid Russia at the U.S.'s expense? No. Not based on what I have seen.

Just as it is stupid to ignore Trump's apparent nonchalant attitude about certain information, It is also stupid to believe (without waiting for evidence) reports of how horrible he is. Trump is certainly unlike any other POTUS in my lifetime, but the media is after Trump unlike any other POTUS in my lifetime as well. Trump is 1/12 through his term as POTUS and the country has not fallen apart yet. May it continue!

44 minutes ago, AU64 said:

You're right.  Everyone in the meeting refuted the story with one big exception:  The President of the United States.  He essentially confirmed the story this morning with his tweets stating that he can share whatever he wishes with Russia.

17 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You have no interest in the truth. Just want to be fed lies. Be advised you're gonna have to suspend all critical thinking to keep this up.

WP a source of truth?..you have to suspend any thinking at all on this subject to trust them..JMO.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

WP a source of truth?..you have to suspend any thinking at all on this subject to trust them..JMO.

Apply critical thinking to McMasters denial and Trumps tweet. Quit reacting and think. Other sources have confirmed, btw.

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You're right.  Everyone in the meeting refuted the story with one big exception:  The President of the United States.  He essentially confirmed the story this morning with his tweets stating that he can share whatever he wishes with Russia.

They didn't refute it. They denied things it never said.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

They didn't refute it. They denied things it never said.

McMaster didn't refute.  Others came out and said the story was flat false.  Trying to give 64 a little leeway here, but the point remains that Trump himself contradicted his own people...again.

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Do you have a link to the Tweet where he says he can share whatever he wishes with Russia? I suspect you may be exhibiting your journalistic tendencies.

Just now, Grumps said:

Do you have a link to the Tweet where he says he can share whatever he wishes with Russia? I suspect you may be exhibiting your journalistic tendencies.

Scroll up in this thread.  They are posted for all to see.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

You're a partisan stooge.  You know damn well if these allegations were coming out from an Obama or Clinton meeting with Russia (or any non-ally), you'd be screaming bloody murder about how irresponsible and dangerous it was.  

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Scroll up in this thread.  They are posted for all to see.

That's what I thought. You are saying that Trump saying:

"As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining to terrorism and airline flight safety. Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism."

is the same as him saying

(per your post) "He essentially confirmed the story this morning with his tweets stating that he can share whatever he wishes with Russia."

Can you see how this lessens your credibility? Why not use Trump's actual remarks to bash him?

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You're a partisan stooge.  You know damn well if these allegations were coming out from an Obama or Clinton meeting with Russia (or any non-ally), you'd be screaming bloody murder about how irresponsible and dangerous it was.  

Partisan stooge? Obama got a pass on everything while Trump is under constant full court press left media attack. If Clinton had won the election there would be no Russia wanna be story. 

3 minutes ago, Grumps said:

That's what I thought. You are saying that Trump saying:

"As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining to terrorism and airline flight safety. Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism."

is the same as him saying

(per your post) "He essentially confirmed the story this morning with his tweets stating that he can share whatever he wishes with Russia."

Can you see how this lessens your credibility? Why not use Trump's actual remarks to bash him?

Because what I said was correct and my credibility isn't in question with most everyone on this board (look at my likes to posts ratio as an example).

Trump did confirm the story by stating he shared information, as his is right to do so.  He never refuted what the WaPo article said.  And yes, he can share whatever he wants with Russia (he can declassify anything he chooses).  The fact that you refuse to give his tweets critical thinking isn't my problem.

That's not the issue.  The issue is that he is outing sources in our intelligence capabilities and making it harder for us to gain useful information. Do you not realize that if anyone other than the president had done this, they would be charged with treason under the espionage act?

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Partisan stooge? Obama got a pass on everything while Trump is under constant full court press left media attack. If Clinton had won the election there would be no Russia wanna be story. 

Yes, partisan stooge.  If allegations were being made about Obama or Clinton telling Russia or some other non-ally information that is of the highest classification and could identify agents or tactics and such with ISIS, you would be having a fit right now.  It would be of monumental importance.  Do not even attempt to lie to me and say you wouldn't because we both know it.  And you would be right to be upset about it and demanding attention be drawn to it.  The partisan stooge part comes in now where you act like it's no big deal or "fake news" because it's Trump.

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Applause for this statement

Archived