Who else thinks Canseco is a piece of crap?

BamaGrad03

I dont care who took steroids...this guy isnt coming out with all this info because he had a sudden burst of integrity and had to "set things right". He's a punk who has NO integrity. He's a has been who knows he'll never play again and wants to make a buck.

In his mind its okay to burn other guys because its all about him. Whatever he has to do to make a buck.

He is the reason why people dont like pro athletes. He should be taken out back and beaten with a rusty hammer.

I think he is a coward.

The only reason he is doing this is to make a quick million or two. Didn't he file for bankruptcy a while back?

I don't think what he is saying is the truth. I mean on 60 minutes the other night, he contradicted what he said in the book about 2 times in 10 seconds. The reporter said "I am just saying what is says in the book, and you are telling me something different".

You know he is lying...Now there are some people who I do believe do steroids and other who don't but Jose gave himself away when he said BRET BOONE was using steroids...come one now...that guy is a peanut.

Jose Canseco doesn't have anyone to beat on and needs to be in the spotlight somehow...someone needs to beat an L on his forehead!

I stopped liking the guy about 16-17 years ago. As a kid I collected baseball cards like many of you. Conseco was supposed to come to Montgomery to a card show and sign autographs and such.

Well he showed up about an hour or so late then left about an hour or so before he was scheduled to. The whole time he was there he acted like a jerk. There were hundreds of kids like me at this show. He was paid good money to show up and was getting $$ per person for autographs. I have since thought of him as a first-rate, top-shelf JERK!

Yeah, he's low on cash and it seems like he has plenty of dirty laundry that people might be interested in.

But how does Mark McGwire say he NEVER took steriods? That's BS. Who does he think he's fooling?

Yeah when I was a kid, I thought he was the man...until....

My dad's friend threw out an opening pitch for the Huntsville stars one year when Jose was playing for them on rehab. When the guy threw the pitch, they let him keep the ball...he went in to the dugout and asked Jose for an autograph...and Jose laughed at him and said "you got 100 dollars?". My dad's friend laughed it off and jose was like.."no, im serious".

what a dick.

I'm in total agreement with most about Canseco. A total tool and this whole thing is motivated strictly by money. To hell with everyone else and it doesn't amtter who I hurt.

The other side of the coin; however, is while steroid use may not be as rampant as he claims, I believe there is definitely more going on than we will ever know of. Let's just say I've had a few experiences in that area myself quite a few years ago and let me tell you, it works!!! These guy's livelihood and millions of dollars are on the line, all based on their performance on the field. Think about it. The options are to take the chance and improve your performance dramatically and possibly sign a contract that will set you up for life. What happens if you're caught? Compared to the millions...NOTHING.

Yeah, he's low on cash and it seems like he has plenty of dirty laundry that people might be interested in.

But how does Mark McGwire say he NEVER took steriods?  That's BS.  Who does he think he's fooling?

146579[/snapback]

Yeah neither has Barry Bonds....HAHAHAHA!

I may have my question answered shortly, but the thing I'm curious about is why defamation suits are not flying fast and furious. Could it be...hmmm...maybe it could be that truth is the one absolute defense to a claim of defamation.

If I'm in the book and he's telling the world that I'm juicing, he's gettin' served before the ink is dry.....IF it's not true.

Yeah neither has Barry Bonds....HAHAHAHA!

146601[/snapback]

No kidding...what did he think that stuff was? Super strength ben-gay or something? Come on...

Here's a guy who has lied for years about his own steroid use, and is now going to point the finger at others. That is really on a subhuman level.

Didn't he get arrested in Alabama on some type of firearm violation? I seem to remember something on that.

They should come up with a PSA for children to watch about steroid use and have 30 seconds of that home run ball bouncing off Canseco's head on it's way out of the stadium whenever he played with the Rangers. "Here's what happens when you take steroids" I love that clip. I've always hated Canseco and his me-first philosophy. Does it show :D

Canseco didn't just recently turn into a piece of crap.  He has been in that category for a number of years.  :P

146626[/snapback]

ding, ding, ding..... we have a winner.

If he had stayed healthy, he'd probably still be playing and he'd be the one chasing records. However, I agree that he's an  :moon:

146705[/snapback]

I wonder if he would have gotten a sudden case of conscience if he was still playing? doubt it.

The moral to this story is:

Be careful who you shoot up with. :lol:

AFA macguire, I always believed he planted that andro stuff in his locker so the press would see it and think he was using that instead of steroids.

A joke my brother heard on the dan patrick show:

I heard macguire was so mad when he heard about the book that he threw his house across the interstate! :lol:

Archived