For you anti Microsoft people

BamaGrad03

About time they offered something for free. But it won't be a replacement. Do you really trust MS to remove ALL spyware on an MS operating system? :no: Did you know that everytime you run Windows Media player, it connects to MS and reports what you're playing? You can hack it not to do that, but still. :blink:

And BS, did you hear that IE7 beta is coming out this summer some time? That should be interesting. I really hope they step up this time.

IE7

It is better.

146938[/snapback]

Proof?

Hell, it's still in beta.

146961[/snapback]

Im using it right now...its far superior. You dont have to believe it. But it is. Microsoft could make something 300% better but people would still bash it because its MS.

Download it now

About time they offered something for free.  But it won't be a replacement.  Do you really trust MS to remove ALL spyware on an MS operating system?   :no:    Did you know that everytime you run Windows Media player, it connects to MS and reports what you're playing?  You can hack it not to do that, but still.   :blink:

And BS, did you hear that IE7 beta is coming out this summer some time?  That should be interesting.  I really hope they step up this time.

IE7

146950[/snapback]

That's interesting. Seems like they offer free firewall protection. They also include things in their OS that keep me from having to buy it: Remote Desktop, CD Burning tools, Media Player.

I'm so tired of people bashing everything that microsoft does regardless of the situation. Why would they NOT remove all the spyware? Do you think they are SO malicous that they will LEAVE some spyware on your machine?

And what do you mean by "step up this time"? IE6 is like 3 years old. Firefox has been out...what...a year? IE6 was a good browser for 2002. It may be a little outdated NOW...but its being compared to something that is 2 years newer.

BTW I ran spybot and adaware before I ran MS's...and MS's picked up 4 things the other two did not.

"Step up" meaing something a little more than "ah, we'll release a new version of it when we get around to releasing the next OS (Longhorn)".

If it weren't for the competition that's making IE a second rate browser right now, there would be no talks of IE7 at this point in time.

And IE6 is just a little better than IE5, which came out in 99. And what did the update for IE in SP2 do? Oh yeah, a popup blocker. :rolleyes:

"Step up" meaing something a little more than "ah, we'll release a new version of it when we get around to releasing the next OS (Longhorn)".

If it weren't for the competition that's making IE a second rate browser right now, there would be no talks of IE7 at this point in time.

And IE6 is just a little better than IE5, which came out in 99.  And what did the update for IE in SP2 do?  Oh yeah, a popup blocker.  :rolleyes:

146986[/snapback]

Did a little more than that. I dont get popups, i have a built in firewall...and i dont have to worry about a ton of spyware crap.

Do me a favor...download the spyware tool thats in beta...and try it with an open mind.

I'm downloading Fedora right now. I dont wanna be all PRO microsoft without giving Linux a solid gaze. I dont like OSX at all...and have used it a good bit. But Im keeping an open mind...

It's really not as political as you'd like it to be...it's whatever gets the job done. If Microsoft is all you need to do whatever you do, that's great. It's all about whatever works the best in the particular environment. Every now and then I'll use Linux at home. I never use Windows at work...whatever gets the job done.

If you're installing Fedora to browse the web just to conclude that MS is better, it's pretty much a waste of time.

But let me know if you need any help with that. :big:

The most common noob questions are answered here. Fedora is really just a testbed distro for Red Hat Enterprise...definitely not the distro you'd use for a production server or anything.

Im installing Fedora to see how good it is as an OS. Aside from games and my .NET IDE i should be able to do almost everything I can do with my machine right?

Ive concluded for myself that windows is better than OSX...but i wanna make sure i try everything out there...(doesnt mean im gonna try all 9 million builds of Linux but ill give one or two a shot)

Im installing Fedora to see how good it is as an OS. Aside from games and my .NET IDE i should be able to do almost everything I can do with my machine right?

147005[/snapback]

Not right off...Fedora lacks quite a bit in the multimedia area, mainly because of licensing snags that Red Hat is really anal about. Most forms of video playback and mp3 playback, for example, won't work out of the box.

147005[/snapback]

Not right off...Fedora lacks quite a bit in the multimedia area, mainly because of licensing snags that Red Hat is really anal about. Most forms of video playback and mp3 playback, for example, won't work out of the box.

147007[/snapback]

No no...i didnt mean like load up the OS and its flown blown capable. I'll download all the stuff I need to aid functionality. I dont expect it to be all inclusive or anything...and im surely willing to spend some time tweaking it to get it working.

That comment was more geared towards once I get it going. I dont use media player anyway. I use winamp. So I have to dl that everytime i do a fresh xp install.

I hate iTunes btw. I use it to download songs...but good god I wish it would not take over my system...especially when I SPECIFICALLY tell it not to be my default. It's like, Im going to ask you this...but if you say no...im gonna do it anyway. Come on guys, one line of code...fix it!

Archived