Yes there will be a battle for qb

vatz22au

This just in:

An appeal was made to the NCAA under Section 43, subsection 12, paragraph C, microline 22 of the Hardship Petition Manual and the NCAA approved a 9th year for Daniel Cobb.

You're all wrong.

I don't have the link just yet but I'll post it when I find it. B)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol::lol::lol:

BTW, Did I mention that BC is a LOCK for the starting QB position? :big:

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:

BTW, Did I mention that BC is a LOCK for the starting QB position? :big:

148086[/snapback]

Hah...funny....man i need to catch my breathe after that one.... :no::poke:

......wow :rolleyes:

stuff i've seen and stuff i've heard tell me brandon's not a lock for starter. he's vegas 5-2 favorite right now, but he's no lock. brandon has never, ever, ever displayed a lot of arm strength. that is one major knock on him. it doesn't mean he can't throw the deep ball; it means he can't utilize the entire field on underneath routes. that's tough in this kind of offense. at the same time, he's an extemely accurate passer so that's a good way to compensate (plus he really showed touch on the deep ball last spring so he may be able to stretch the field that way).

then again, calvin booker is a redshirt freshman with a big, strong arm who was being openly tutored by jason campbell last fall. i remember reading an article talking about jason taking calvin to a falcons game so he could show him different plays from another view (since they run a west-coast as well). so at least jason seemed to think booker had a shot or that would've been a waste of his time.

quick question: isn't cox 2 years older than booker and fields? i was thinking he sat out one year after his signing due to illness. then he redshirted the 2003 season. then he played some last fall. maybe i'm adding a year.

and another thing. it's not always disecting a defense with your mind. athletic ability definitely goes a looooooong way. example? i believe mike vick was playing in the nfc championship while dr. manning was sitting at home.

I agree....... BC maybe a 5-2 favorite, but hardly a "lock" just yet. Too many unknown variables at this stage. Borges loves BC's release....really good for the quick slants, screens, and dump-off routes. And with some talented TE's coming in, a quick release is a positive attribute for certain.

But Booker has a decided advantage on the deep routes - both length and accuracy. He was a real stud at Mays.

Either way, it's good to have a competitive situation. One thing you can bet the ranch on......CTT won't start a QB prone to turnovers....not now, not ever.

That settles it. BC is a definate lock!  :D  :poke:

148107[/snapback]

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

it's official-it's a lock

booker will be in the mix to be the man who holds Cox's jockstrap

vatz22au :poke:

Borges had a lot to do with Campbell "getting it". He instilled confidence in Campbell that no other QB coach had done. He took the pressure off by telling him "don't be afraid to make a mistake". That alone went a long way in Campbell's rise to fame. The ability was there all along.

Amazing...I have said nothing about me wanting Booker to have it....yet Timmy boy over there (who might I add is really acting his age) and Erik9249208 likes to create a fan club, then come down on anyone who says," Oh its gonna be competitve."

Not only that, but there are numerous replies who see my view to this subject...that its definitely not a positive lock and that the competition for the spot will make ALL QBS BETTER.

Read my replies again, especially you Erik, since you like to call people out. Not once did I mention booker would take the job definitely, not once. Get your **** straight. For once, i'd like to talk without childish little crap going on.

No one can bring up the subject of a quarterback next year on this board because we have members who "automatically" express negativity to anyone who has any bright insight...even if it does consist of coach quotes, an article, and a good positive discussion. Shame on us for having a discussion that involves more than just Brandon Cox.

you're pissed :D

148131[/snapback]

Yep...tried to talk to people about football....got you instead. Id rather eat monkey ****.

so as it turned out, vegas just announced the line of cox starting... apparently he's 1-1. turns out erik and tim were right... he's a lock. B)

so as it turned out, vegas just announced the line of cox starting... apparently he's 1-1. turns out erik and tim were right... he's a lock.  B)

148147[/snapback]

it's settled!

vatz22au-are you mad because you don't have a cool napoleon dynomite avatar?

and another thing. it's not always disecting a defense with your mind. athletic ability definitely goes a looooooong way. example? i believe mike vick was playing in the nfc championship while dr. manning was sitting at home.

Yeah that's a typical example. There are many QB's in the college rank that have a successful carreer with football sense over physical ability. The Michael Vicks of the world are a rare occurance. We do not NEED another D. Craig at this point in time. Craig HAD to do it all because we didn't have anything else. Craig would be a totally different QB in the system we have today.

so as it turned out, vegas just announced the line of cox starting... apparently he's 1-1. turns out erik and tim were right... he's a lock.  B)

148147[/snapback]

it's settled!

148157[/snapback]

Yes :(

148147[/snapback]

it's settled!

148157[/snapback]

Yes :(

148172[/snapback]

nm

coxbigarm4zc.jpg

Cox has really improved under Yoxall and appears to be a LOCK!

:big:

148175[/snapback]

The wonders of photoshop lol :big: If his arms didnt look all gumby like it'd be believable!

148147[/snapback]

Come on vatz "timmy boy"? Is that your absolute best? You might want to take a lesson or two from bg. :big::poke:

coxbigarm4zc.jpg

Cox has really improved under Yoxall and appears to be a LOCK!

:big:

148175[/snapback]

Could someone get my that original pic so i can hang it up on my desk. YUMMY!!

148147[/snapback]

Come on vatz "timmy boy"? Is that your absolute best? You might want to take a lesson or two from bg. :big::poke:

148218[/snapback]

Oh no i can do better...just didnt want to take it to lengths it didnt need to go :):au:

Archived