Prayers Please

Gibson SG

My dad passed away this past Saturday.  He was a good Auburn man and a graduate of 1977.  As his casket was rolled out of the church after the service, the Auburn Alma Mater was played on the piano.  Very moving.  He loved his family and loved Auburn.

On a lighter note, his death signals a good football season to come.  History is on our side.  Let me explain.  When my grandmother passed away in January of 1993, Auburn had an undefeated season.  My grandfather died in December of 2012 after the disastrous 2012 season.  He died the day Gus was named coach (we believe this pushed him over the edge, lol).  Obviously, the next season in 2013 was one of the ages.  Now that my father has passed, history indicates another good season.  Let's hope it repeats itself.

Here's to another great season.

I send my prayers and condolences.  I lost my Dad almost 9 years ago.  He was a Bama fan, but not the 85%...  He was a hard working man and cared more for his family and providing than sports.  Lost Mom about 5 years ago and i miss them both terribly.  I have Dad's Bama hat hanging right over me here at the computer... in memory.  I won't wear it, lol....  But i will hang it on the wall.   Bless you and your family.. War Eagle to you and to His memory!!!

Sorry for your loss.  My grandfather, a great Auburn man, graduated API in the late 40's. Went to school, fought for his country, and went back to school.  Never met a better man in 43 years.  The good Lord called him home in May of 2004.  I like to think he pulled some strings from up above during our season.  

So sorry for your loss.  When I lost my mom in 2009, we were all in a funk.  The following year, we were convinced she orchestrated a perfect season from above.  There are lots of good Auburn fans up there. The best Auburn club there is! Prayers for your family.  

Prayers for you and your family.  Celebrate his life and honor his memory.

Sorry for your loss. That is one tough way to have a good  football season. Prayers for you and your family.

Condolences to your family during this time.  I am sure this season will mean more to you than most.  

Archived