Maurice the Dud

Dlewis23

Now this article on NFL.com says that Ronnie ran an amazing 4.32 :blink::o:cheer:

Random thoughts from the combine

By Vic Carucci

National Editor, NFL.com

INDIANAPOLIS (Feb. 26, 2005) -- Here are some random thoughts from the National Scouting Combine:

• It's astounding that one school, Auburn, could have two highly talented running backs here and that both look like certain first-round draft picks.

Arizona Cardinals head coach Denny Green, for one, is struck by the embarrassment of riches the Tigers enjoyed in their backfield through last season. After Emmitt Smith's retirement, Green is in the market for a running back, and could grab one of the two spectacular former Auburn stars -- Ronnie Brown and Carnell 'Cadillac' Williams.

"I think it's unusual to have two players of that ability play in the same backfield," Green said. "I think they found a way to make it work. We had Karlos Dansby on our squad last year; he was at Auburn the year before, so we were able to see this taking place. And it was impressive. Ronnie Brown can fly."

Brown certainly flew during his 40-yard dash at the combine with a clocking of 4.32 seconds. Williams was due to run his 40 on Feb. 27.

As a cardinals fan I would love for this to happen(Drafting of RB or CW). We are also in the maket for a quaterback. I wonder who we should draft :big: .

Oh yeah, Karlos Dansby says hi :)

Funny story about Ol' Mo. When Ohio State won the championship his freshman year (Caddy's sophomore year), I was back home in Akron, OH, for Christmas break. The day after they won, the Akron Beacon Journal had these Maurice Clarett poster inserts in the paper. At the time one of my best friends was in the Kent State pep band, so I went up there for a b'ball game that night. Needless to say there was a buzz in the air, and everyone was talking about the Buckeyes. So afterwards, he, a few other friends and I were standing around talking and the subject of the poster came up. He said he had a bunch of them and asked if I wanted one. I told him "No, I already got one, and threw it away. I'll tell you what though, I can get you a Carnell Williams poster if you want. It'll be a collector's item one day." They all just kind of chuckled, because as everyone in the state of Ohio knew, Maurice Clarett was the next Jim Brown. He was going to be Heisman front-runner his next year, heck he might even surpass Archie Griffin and win 3!

Well, I bet they're not laughing now.

I feel kinda bad for the guy. Looks like he is really trying to turn his life in a positive direction. He has one more shot I think I heard in march to try it again. He had better find a track coach that can tune him up quick.

Got to big for his breeches.

Wanted to get the fame without all the work.

There's always arena football or maybe the CFL

But guys, haven't you heard that he is a humble guy now :poke:

Man I hope Arizona doesn't pick up Ronnie or Carnell, because we'll never see 'em again.............Hopefully 'Da Bears will pick one of 'em up........Do yall think Ronnie will be the first RB taken? I do..........War "BY GOD" Eagle

I feel kinda bad for the guy. Looks like he is really trying to turn his life in a positive direction. He has one more shot I think I heard in march to try it again. He had better find a track coach that can tune him up quick.

148475[/snapback]

i hope you're being sarcastic. turning his life in a positive direction? yea, the financial part. He's greedy as hell and we saw that after he tried to leave OSU after his freshmen year knowing that he was not eligible. I don't believe a word this kid says and I hope he doesn't even get drafted.

He's greedy as hell and we saw that after he tried to leave OSU after his freshmen year knowing that he was not eligible. I don't believe a word this kid says and I hope he doesn't even get drafted.

148643[/snapback]

AMEN! can't stand that guy! Hey Maurice.... :moon: !!!!!!!!

Guest Tigrinum Major

Herb Wiches and Ray Melick were on JOX this afternoon dogging Clarett and were making some good points UNTIL...

Winches claimed that if he had three weeks to prepare, he could run a 4.85 to 4.9 NOW. Claims he ran a 4.6 in his heyday, which I might believe, but a 4.85 NOW.

Finebaum will never be the biggest idiot on Birmingham radio as long as Winches is around.

Archived