And the Snowball of Freedom begins...

Jenny AU-92

And since this is the BBC (Bash Bush Constantly) then I can't be accused of providing "right wing propaganda"

Link

Lebanese ministers resign office 

Lebanon's Prime Minister Omar Karami has announced he and his government are resigning, two weeks after the murder of former PM Rafik Hariri.

The move came as crowds protested in Beirut, calling for Syrian troops to leave the country.

The Lebanese parliament was also debating an opposition-sponsored motion of no-confidence in the government.

"I am keen the government will not be a hurdle in front of those who want the good for this country," Mr Karami said.

"I declare the resignation of the government that I had the honour to head. May God preserve Lebanon."

His announcement came after a break in the parliamentary debate, which was being televised live.

A cheer went up among more than 10,000 protesters who had gathered in Martyrs Square to demand the resignation of the government and the withdrawal of Syrian troops.

They had defied a ban on demonstrations, which Interior Minister Suleiman Franjieh said had been made on the grounds of "supreme national interests".

'Internal affair'

Lebanon's President Emile Lahoud accepted the resignation of the government and asked it to continue in a caretaker capacity, a statement said.

Syria's immediate reaction was non-committal, saying only that it was "an internal affair" for Lebanon. .

Yeah RIGHT...

If this keeps up, Bush could be a legend for his part in spreading Democracy in the Middle East. If it keeps up...

Archived