FINAL: AU 23 LSU 27 -- Postgame Thread

RunInRed

1 minute ago, hutchids said:

who was mcfadden's back up? I remember he was good too. Wildcat works well with two pro bowl backs running it and powerful oline/te

Felix Jones

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, hutchids said:

who was mcfadden's back up? I remember he was good too. Wildcat works well with two pro bowl backs running it and powerful oline/te

Felix Jones I think

6 minutes ago, AU '76 said:

Don't leave out ar-kansas

oh don't worry after the beatdown they (Arky) are getting tonight Auburn will be just what the doctor ordered.

33 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Win out! What are you smoking, snorting, drinking or rubbing into your belly?

It's Auburn.  Stuff like that happens. 

I'd laugh but I am still so damn depressed. I don't know if Gus will be fired or not but what really has me concerned is who will comprise the search committee for his replacement. I hope it's not Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard who on their last excursion  came back with Gus.

1 hour ago, Shift said:

And, IMO, this is where the problems on offense begins. 

I said at the outset of the season, success or failure hinges on our WR play.  Auburn has not had a featured receiver in years.  We have recruited well at the position but for what ever reason, the production is not there.  And, without a threat at receiver, all the opposing defenses have to do is sell out to stop the run.  Face it, we are (and have been) a one dimension team for a long time.

Other teams have 2 or 3 star receivers lighting up the stats.  Our 4 star and 5 star receivers either can't get open, drop the ball or stay in so much trouble, they don't see the field.  This is the most frustrating dynamic of the season for me.  

Our best receiver is a walk-on.

Sadly obvious he can't coach in a big game. 

This is one shouldn't even have been a BIG game.  Hopefully this is the final nail in the coffin, but somehow I doubt it.  We're our own worst enemy.  

Gus said, “it’s not the end of the world”. You don’t say that after you blew a 20 point lead, one of the biggest collapse in AU football. This is completely unacceptable, and Gus needs to be gone. AU deserves better.

4 minutes ago, au1duke said:

Gus said, “it’s not the end of the world”. You don’t say that after you blew a 20 point lead, one of the biggest collapse in AU football. This is completely unacceptable, and Gus needs to be gone. AU deserves better.

Tells you his mindset and particularly that either, he is very whatever about his job or he does not think he would get fired. Say what you want about Les, but he loved LSU and it hurt him when they were unsuccessful..you could see it.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Tells you his mindset and particularly that either, he is very whatever about his job or he does not think he would get fired. Say what you want about Les, but he loved LSU and it hurt him when they were unsuccessful..you could see it.

He's got, what, six million reasons to feel no stress over a little disappointment.

Good job JJ!!

Just now, AUGoo said:

He's got, what, six million reasons to feel no stress over a little disappointment.

Good job JJ!!

I am personally starting to side with that one poster and thinks he will be throwing his hat in the Arkansas ring once BB is fired after this year.

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

We could have jumped up two possibly three spots with the losses ahead of us. :drink1: 

Wouldn't have mattered.  We were gonna crap the bed at some point anyway.  

5 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Wouldn't have mattered.  We were gonna crap the bed at some point anyway.  

I would have rather won this one and wooed a few recruits before that happened. UNLESS, we fire Gus tm, which would be a miracle. 

I guess what bothers me the most about this game, and many other Auburn games under Gus, is the oversights and stubbornness.  I mean, even I can see this stuff.  My girlfriend can see it.  My daughter asks me why we're doing stuff.  It's just embarrassing.  Gus, for the love of God please mix up the passing game and attack the middle of the field.  Use the TE.   Quit frickin' running up the middle on first down every time!   Use more running backs that actually AREN'T hurt.  Throw to Nate Craig some.   I could go on and on for pages.  Shouldn't a coach making $4 million see it?   Gus refuses to scout himself or the team.   Why even bring Borges back then?   Even Saban brings in an outside analyst every year to look at things to see if he's missing anything.  We have had top 10 talent every year for like a decade now.  Is this really the best we can do?  And can someone go kick Jay Jacobs a$$ while we're at it?

He babbles on and on about not converting on third down. Does he not realize that the predictable and ineffective plays on 1st and 2nd down put us in 3rd and long situations and because of that it made the calls on 3rd down predictable as well and easier for LSU to defend?? It’s like he really doesn’t get it.

Archived