FINAL: AU 23 LSU 27 -- Postgame Thread

RunInRed

20 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Kerryon- 31 carries: Many straight up the middle and on 1st down. 

Jarrett- 9/26: Many of the deep variety and in to double coverage on most. 

Wow. 

That is crazy. Why would a non-DT QB ever want to play for Malzahn? He doesn't know how to run a pass offense.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, DAG said:

Jarret Stidham never gave our guys a chance in the 2nd half. Passing game became anemic and it cost us the game.

- AU64

Waiting for this comment

Comparing notes with Mikey

1 minute ago, jluvah said:

So did you, I'm sure

no not scoring td's was a big warning sign, it started slipping away 2nd quarter

2 minutes ago, YankeeTiger24 said:

That is crazy. Why would a non-DT QB ever want to play for Malzahn? He doesn't know how to run a pass offense.

Why do they even put the wildcat in?  There isn't a person anywhere that doesn't know what the call is.

Let’s not forget LSU had two true freshman starting on the O-line and played three. That’s two or three true freshman going against the best D-Line in the country?

3 minutes ago, Devilhorse said:

Why do they even put the wildcat in?  There isn't a person anywhere that doesn't know what the call is.

I asked my husband during the game, "Can you fake a wildcat?"  Because you are right...in and of itself, it's useless.  Everything's innovative the first-time around...but winning is all about moving past the first-time around.  Grow that bag of tricks and have the courage to utilize it.  Cutting edge only cuts for a short season..

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

I feel bad for the players, really. Gus has no clue how to effectively use them.

his post game comments indicates he doesn't see conservative play calling cost us the game.

To his credit he didn't use injuries as an excuse

1 minute ago, Tiger4life25 said:

Am I the only one that sees a lot of the teams we play using are playbook and running it better that we do. UGA and UA will kill us

I guarantee you, some idiot off the street using the Madden video game playbook would move the ball better than Gus. 

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

his post game comments indicates he doesn't see conservative play calling cost us the game.

To his credit he didn't use injuries as an excuse

Give him time.  He is saving that for the early week recap.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Butch Jones: “I can’t believe we blew a 6 pt lead”

Gus:  “Hold my beer and watch this”

ROFL.  I wouldn’t be surprise if Gus and Butch discuss who is a bigger clown.  

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

ROFL.  I wouldn’t be surprise if Gus and Butch discuss who is a bigger clown.  

I think I would have more hope if they would.

Been an Auburn fan all my life(55years). Can't remember a crappier time to be an Auburn fan( including Barfield years). Sad

Not sure Barfield had Cribbs, Andrews and Brooks and could not win.  Its a toss up

Been an Auburn fan all my life(55years). Can't remember a crappier time to be an Auburn fan( including Barfield years). Sad

Yeah, at least during the Barfield years we knew we had no talent, save for a couple good running backs

Archived