***Auburn vs. La-Monroe -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Notice that pass over the middle as well! 

The answer is, Gus has his hand on the switch

Which is why he will run some of our players into the dirt.  I’m cool with KJ having 35 touches against Georgia.

im not ok with him having 25 touches against ulm 

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan Davis with 5 receptions today has moved in to a tie for 4th on the single season reception record with 57 on the year. He is 1 reception away from tying Ronnie Daniels and Willie Gosha for second on the single season list.

17 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I expected all week we would come out flat so not really upset just annoyed.  It’s a typical low energy situation. We will win and get ready for the big game next week. Chill.

Agreed.  And give ULM credit.  They ain't skeered.

We need to take the fight out of them early in the 2nd half.

19 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

I'm okay with playing the underdog role against the Updykes.

If it leads to West Vance overconfidence like it is already doing with our West Vance neighbors next door as they watch and pat themselves on the back at Auburn's performance thus far, then bring it on...but deliver us from believing in our own invincibility.  Every game should be a "play like there's nothing to lose" game.  Every game.  That's just part OF the game.

Other than Stovall and Carlson, this may be the most pathetic special teams units we've ever had at Auburn.  It is really, really bad.  No return game whatsoever. Gaping holes on every opponent's return. What is our punter averaging 30 yards/attempt maybe?  It is bizarre.

I’m glad our D is getting stressed some.  I think we needed some prep for hurts next week.  Gore isn’t the bama rb’s though

i want to see pace, rhythm and our whole playbook from our O

i also want to see our head coach pissed off ... not weak-sauce sideline clapping

I hope someone put a boot into.the offensive line because their blocking has been horrid. let's see wht changes the 2nd half brings. war eagle

Malik Willis running the zone read with Barret in the backfield would destroy this defense. 

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

If it leads to West Vance overconfidence like it is already doing with our West Vance neighbors next door as they watch and pat themselves on the back at Auburn's performance thus far, then bring it on...but deliver us from believing in our own invincibility.  Every game should be a "play like there's nothing to lose" game.  Every game.  That's just part OF the game.

All for that, but when has that happened at Auburn in the past 15 years?  Times in 2004 and it ended fine, but execution wasn't there.  Times in '05 and we know how that turned out.

I like the quiet confidence/underdog approach.

Archived