***Auburn vs. La-Monroe -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've given up some yards but only given up 7 pts in the first half. D is doing their job.

Offense has been stanky though for the most part

Just now, hutchids said:

ain't nobody afraid of Auburn after seeing that half. Nice to be up, but 14-7 against a rent a win?

I'm okay with playing the underdog role against the Updykes.

Our pass defense makes me hold my breath every time. Oklahoma would have a field day with us.

Let's just Finish the game and no injuries.

Just now, OnthePlains said:

I expected all week we would come out flat so not really upset just annoyed.  It’s a typical low energy situation. We will win and get ready for the big game next week. Chill.

As long as we win comfortably (>2 scores), I'm with you. 

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

We won’t be asleep for Alabama, just gotta get out of this game. The inconsistency is frustrating though 

This. The push is not there from the front right now  . AU has way too many yards to only be up 7

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

No doubt... I'm predicting at least two PIs

I was even thinking play J davis against Alabama, dean will  get pi’d every drive next week

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I was even thinking play J davis against Alabama, he’ll get pi’d every drive next week

That's a good idea, Hurts has improved as a passer, we'll need Davis

that last drive @ 2:00 did y'all see the rythm and the plays change up? Looked like someone flipped a toggle switch. why does our offense have a toggle switch?

This goes along with the other things that ticked me off about Malzahn at the beginning of the year.  Our coaches should be FREAKING out.

we are missing out on an opportunity to rest players and continue to build depth.

KJ should be done for the day.  We should be up by more and playing RB 3-5 for the second half.  We should be playing down the WR depth chart sooner than we will.  We should be getting our backup qb max reps.

if we had done that in multiple games this year like we should then our back ups would have a higher morale and a full game or 2 (added together) of experience.

instead our coach is soft peddling on the sidelines and our backups probably won’t get reps until mid 4th.

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

We won’t be asleep for Alabama, just gotta get out of this game. The inconsistency is frustrating though 

Extremely frustrating. It's like when the crowd is not loud we lose our edge. Intensity and focus should not depend on crowd support. Let's hope we see a focused team, ready to execute in the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

that last drive @ 2:00 did y'all see the rythm and the plays change up? Looked like someone flipped a toggle switch. why does our offense have a toggle switch?

we actually threw our passes past the line of scrimmage. Stidham was playing aggressive too. Especially on the throw to Hastings.

2 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Notice that pass over the middle as well! 

The answer is, Gus has his hand on the switch

Does Gus not understand he has to take control and get his team mentally ready to play this game? Such a lack of effort all around. No intensity. They'd better strap it on in the second half. Somebody needs to be in some ear holes at halftime.

We also had better see some Willis, Barrett, Martin and Miller down the stretch.

Just now, jAUSon said:

Jekyll and Hyde. Beyond frustrating. This is what fuels the "Gus meddling" talk. The change is so obvious that it really makes you wonder WTF.

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Notice that pass over the middle as well! 

The answer is, Gus has his hand on the switch

Literally. You can see it. The players know when he's sitting on it too, their shoulders pure slump.

Archived