Plays you want to see...

bigbird

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bubble screen fake and go - let NCM go out and "block" then take off up the field. It's probably the only way he works his way open.

Bama will probably bite on any hand off to KJ so have him do the little toss back to JS who finds Slayton deep or Hastings running a crossing route underneath the safety which should be wide open with the LBs taking the run fake.

We saw this against Georgia with Malik - but have him keep the zone read to the outside then dump it off to the receiver who slips behind the corner like we did with Nick and Sammie.

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

Run up the middle for 7 yards, Run up the middle for 7 yards, run up the middle for 12 yards, run up the middle for 8 yards, Run up the middle 16 yards...   you get the point.  Gash them on every run.  Do that and we can do whatever we want in the pass game.  

Do not give up on the run to quickly.  

Isolate Hastings on a linebacker and get the easy 6-7 yard passes.  Then use the double move to get open deep.  

I'm so hoping to see Hastings abuse those turd LBs.  Hastings with like 4 catches for 126 yards and 2 TDs would be pretty sweet.

The TE play we ran with Jalen Harris against Ole Miss last year.  In the formation, he's lined up at LT, but he's uncovered and thus an eligible receiver.  Comes out of a 3 point stance for a wide open score down the middle.  Worked to perfection in that game and we haven't done anything like that this year.

35 minutes ago, Tiger said:

We haven't had someone pump fake like that since Chris Todd left. Sold the hell out of it

I think Cam ran it a couple times as well in 2010 but it has since vanished.  I often wonder if it was a chizik play because I’ve not seen it run once since then.  Seems like a play Gus would run quite often.

Stove wheel route off the fake jet sweep for a Td would be neat.

I try to think of how Bama would prepare for Auburn.  You have to assume that every opponent is going to give you their best effort and you are not going to win because of their incompetence. Every game has busted plays with coverage, assignments etc.  Don't count on them for your win.  So here goes: Bama has good personnel and the coaches are going to drill into their head to ignore the eye candy and maintain your assignment.  Swarm to the ball after your assignment is secured or no longer a threat.  I expect a conservative bend - don't break - keep them in front of you - defense.  We're walking into a game of inches and expect nothing more.  For us, take advantage of buffers they give us.  We need to use our speed and overload in attack and mis-directions.  Use fast routes slants, curls, and account for the corners (think double) if you sweep to an edge.  Look for opportunities to get into their secondary even if it is shallow.  Remember, Kerryon is running into some heavy duty beef.  The oline needs to man up and he is going to need some help.  It's just the plain physics of the amount of energy he'll have to spend.  Test their linebackers and burn one a couple times in a short period and see if you can get them to question their secondary personnel assignments.   If this leads to a soft spot then hit it hard.  

UAT corners like to jump routes. I would like to see some double moves along with fake pumps from our QB. If we do it early, then the short stuff will open up.

1 minute ago, WDavE said:

UAT corners like to jump routes. I would like to see some double moves along with fake pumps from our QB. If we do it early, then the short stuff will open up.

This is going to be huge.  If we can fake a couple of quick outs and tunnel screens, I really think it is going to be open down the field.

2 hours ago, oldaufeller said:

I try to think of how Bama would prepare for Auburn.  You have to assume that every opponent is going to give you their best effort and you are not going to win because of their incompetence. Every game has busted plays with coverage, assignments etc.  Don't count on them for your win.  So here goes: Bama has good personnel and the coaches are going to drill into their head to ignore the eye candy and maintain your assignment.  Swarm to the ball after your assignment is secured or no longer a threat.  I expect a conservative bend - don't break - keep them in front of you - defense.  We're walking into a game of inches and expect nothing more.  For us, take advantage of buffers they give us.  We need to use our speed and overload in attack and mis-directions.  Use fast routes slants, curls, and account for the corners (think double) if you sweep to an edge.  Look for opportunities to get into their secondary even if it is shallow.  Remember, Kerryon is running into some heavy duty beef.  The oline needs to man up and he is going to need some help.  It's just the plain physics of the amount of energy he'll have to spend.  Test their linebackers and burn one a couple times in a short period and see if you can get them to question their secondary personnel assignments.   If this leads to a soft spot then hit it hard.  

And go fast, very fast

I hope Auburn's pass rush is designed in a manner to keep Hurts in the pocket. Even if it means not pressing for a sack. Because his feet, in my opinion, are far more dangerous than his arm. He will complete his share of passes but if Auburn can keep him from extending drives with his legs...

How about a simple counter or toss sweep every now and then? Use of the tight end would be nice. I like the pump fake ideas against bama....always works against aggressive D.

Button hook pitch back...how bout dat?

Archived