Men vs. Missouri

WarTiger

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

As a cancer suvivor, Bruce getting me teared up with that post game. War damn

His energy is amazing. Everytime he talks he gets me hyped up! I'm ready to go in and play!

Great win! Road win in the SEC and mizz played their best. Guys looked a little tired at one point but a few 3s gave em some breathing room. Way to start and finish the game

Great win by these guys! Post game hit me right in the feels, caught my cancer early, went and got it checked when I started noticing things. If you notice things that aren’t right, get it checked! Proud of this team and proud to have Bruce as our coach!

3 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

His energy is amazing. Everytime he talks he gets me hyped up! I'm ready to go in and play!

I was a student when he would come to the library and give coffee and donuts out to students during test weeks. I love that guy, hope he stays at au for a long time

6 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I love our guards!!

Our guards are mature that is huge to our success just the patience is up majorly from a year ago

Very solid performance tonight against a good team.  Their turnovers killed them. But to our credit many were forced.  I really like this team.  War Eagle!!!

1 hour ago, looney said:

Holy crap I just connected the dots on Antoine Walker, the SEC Network's studio guy. He got HUGE. Geez. I didn't recognize him til just now when they flashed his bio.

Hahaha welcome to the party. Better late than never.

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

That was like watching your favorite movie for the first time 

tenor.gif?itemid=9139777

Smokey and the Bandit for me!!!!! lol. MAN!!! this team plays as fast as bandit drives!! WHOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!! they gone. I LOVE IT!! I think a lot of casual basketball fans love watching us play because we are such a dang fun team to watch play.

I was at the game... It was fun. When we're on our game we are hard to beat.

They were chanting FBI, but it was only about a group of like 10-15 students. It was clearing out already and the only reason you could hear them was because it was completely silent otherwise.

8 minutes ago, WDEKC said:

I was at the game... It was fun. When we're on our game we are hard to beat.

They were chanting FBI, but it was only about a group of like 10-15 students. It was clearing out already and the only reason you could hear them was because it was completely silent otherwise.

Did you ask them why they have the worst and ugliest facilities in the SEC for the 2 breadwinners of the athletic department football and basketball? Gosh never been to mizzou but their football stadium and bball arena look so ugly to me! lol

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I was a student when he would come to the library and give coffee and donuts out to students during test weeks. I love that guy, hope he stays at au for a long time

If we fire him it will be the biggest mistake in sports the university has ever done. Without bruce pearl THERE IS NO AUBURN BASKETBALL. It will be right back to looking like the lebo and barbee era's. You ride it out with him no matter what comes our way from the NCAA. As long as he is our coach IDC if we get a 1 or 2 year post season ban or whatever hypothetically speaking. Yah he is no saint and he has messed up in the past with the ncaa but it is a frickin joke how some of the media is acting like he is some smu football level of cheater. College basketball is the dirtiest sport around in college sports. No one is squeaky clean. For goodness sakes Pitino lasted WAY longer than he should of and um somehow Boeheim is still the coach at Cuse. Since they are legends though the media was never to harsh on them. Bunch of hypocritical BS.

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Did you ask them why they have the worst and ugliest facilities in the SEC for the 2 breadwinners of the athletic department football and basketball? Gosh never been to mizzou but their football stadium and bball arena look so ugly to me! lol

or why their student enrollment is on the ropes after they ran off their president.

miz is very fortunate to be in the sec, no one would cry if they weren't.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9139777

Smokey and the Bandit for me!!!!! lol. MAN!!! this team plays as fast as bandit drives!! WHOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!! they gone. I LOVE IT!! I think a lot of casual basketball fans love watching us play because we are such a dang fun team to watch play.

Okay, not a BBall fan but curious to see what y'all say about the season and came across this.

You had me at Smokey...

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The basketball arena is really nice actually. Has an NBA arena feel to it. Not a great college atmosphere because they put the student section on one end so they don't have much impact on the game. I think the color they chose for seats looks bad on TV and the cameras show the side that tends to not get full during weekday games so it looks bad.

I liked their football stadium. It's not huge, but it's decently nice. I've been to much worse.

I love this team. However, I think we need to become better at finishing at the rim when we drive as well as making the 10-15 ft jumpers that are routinely there, if we are to make a deep tourney run.  

That run in the second half going from a 1 point lead to 20 was about as good as I have ever see an Auburn team play.  Their crowd went from cheering wildly to heading for the exits in about 5 minutes of play.  Our guys just blew them off the court!  Wow!

1 minute ago, weagl1 said:

That run in the second half going from a 1 point lead to 20 was about as good as I have ever see an Auburn team play.  Their crowd went from cheering wildly to heading for the exits in about 5 minutes of play.  Our guys just blew them off the court!  Wow!

That run and the first few minutes of the 2nd half of the uga game were very impressive. 

Don't know how the year will play out as far as making tourney or what kind of run we might make. I still think that we are a year away and in need of another big guy. However, this team is really fun to watch: take care of the basketball, play good D mostly, and make FTs- all elements of fundamentally sound and well-coached teams. I'll just keep enjoying watching them!

Archived