Class superlatives

bigbird

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Both are safeties 

Yeah, I have a bias against safeties too.

;)

20 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Please, Malzahn. Please, please, please, please. please put both Shivers and Schwartz back to return kickoffs.

And Hill at punt return!

23 hours ago, PotPot said:

My favorite part of this article is reading that we signed possibly the #1 tight end in the country. And here everyone has been saying we struck out at the position. 

Yes, but can he block? Catching footballs is not required to be a tight end at Auburn these days.

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Like Mikey and linebackers

Wow, I am jealous that I have no obsession to a particular place on the field. 

32 minutes ago, alexava said:

I hear that there's a position available as an obsessed place holder fan.

41 minutes ago, alexava said:

I'm also quite a fan of a TE

On 2/9/2018 at 9:32 AM, lionheartkc said:

I can just see @Momma Worm beaming when she reads this.

I cannot wait to see this young man get lost in a crowd on the field and then turns on the jets and leaves some winded defenders in the dust. This will happen more than one time folks, and will be fun to watch. You have got to love this young man. He is Auburn through and through!

11 hours ago, alexava said:

Biased?

Past tense of bias??

I would love to see Shivers, Schwartz and Stove on the field at the same time with running the jet sweep where the defense has no idea which one is going to get the ball in the play. Talk about a defensive nightmare to defend. We could run this play 3 or 4 times per game and disguise who is going to get the ball until it is too late to zero in on the ball carrier until he is 5-10 yards past the line of scrimmage. Good luck defenders......your going to need it!

On 2/10/2018 at 2:21 PM, alexava said:

We kicker groupies don't mind company.

9 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

We kicker groupies don't mind company.

I just can’t pick any position to cling to. If I did it would not be fair to all the other positions. And I don’t want to seem weird. Yes I think it is a little weird. 

Just now, alexava said:

I just can’t pick any position to cling to. If I did it would not be fair to all the other positions. And I don’t want to seem weird. Yes I think it is a little weird. 

C'MON!!  ....be a trendsetter.  Latch onto long-snappers!

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

C'MON!!  ....be a trendsetter.  Latch onto long-snappers!

Maybe I'm the one that's weird, but

^that^ left me with an unsettling mental image.

17 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Maybe I'm the one that's weird, but

^that^ left me with an unsettling mental image.

Yeah you quoted me so I can't "unsay" it :blink:

16 hours ago, alexava said:

In my case, there had to be a glaring weakness that persisted. Starting with the 2010 class, the LB recruiting was sub-standard, both in numbers and quality. Play on the field reflected this. For some reason, throngs on the call-in radio shows, message boards and so forth kept coming up with "we'll be fine" when we were anything but fine. I took it as my AU Tiger duty to be the voice of one yelling in the desert.

This lasted until Muschamp changed AU's thinking and acting with the 2015 class. Though the 2016 class reverted to the pre-Muschamp levels, since then we've done very well at LB. The resulting improved play at the position is obvious. You haven't heard much out of me griping about the LB position lately because, 2016 aside, there hasn't been much to gripe about.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

In my case, there had to be a glaring weakness that persisted. Starting with the 2010 class, the LB recruiting was sub-standard, both in numbers and quality. Play on the field reflected this. For some reason, throngs on the call-in radio shows, message boards and so forth kept coming up with "we'll be fine" when we were anything but fine. I took it as my AU Tiger duty to be the voice of one yelling in the desert.

This lasted until Muschamp changed AU's thinking and acting with the 2015 class. Though the 2016 class reverted to the pre-Muschamp levels, since then we've done very well at LB. The resulting improved play at the position is obvious. You haven't heard much out of me griping about the LB position lately because, 2016 aside, there hasn't been much to gripe about.

Now safety on the other hand...

Archived