‘Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying’ in Seattle’s Greenwood area – well, not quite

Auburn85

On 2/24/2018 at 5:07 PM, Auburn85 said:

so now you are an international man of mystery i see...........

12 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

My idea of eradicate ignorance...a little research project or two for a population segment who proves the sad geographical ignorance stats right is what I had in mind. I'm really not okay with people not getting to represent their country because someone else doesn't know what their flag looks like and makes a stink about it. If it's a "just a mistake", how about, "Oh, please put it back up. I was mistaken...I now see it looks nothing like a Confederate flag." 

And further..."I'm so sorry my ignorance caused such a stir. Let me see what I can do to fix it." 

I mistakenly read the article to believe that the Norwegian couple pulled it down because of someone else's perceptive "mistake" ... which as some quote here, lessens the cause of TRUE empathy where it's genuinely needed for overdue change. 

Geez. 🤣

P.S. Good job on the edit button. THAT'S how to handle a mistake. 😊😉

(I wouldn't have withstood the 22 years in if my students felt about me as you first mentioned. Our arguments and points of view will come across better as we're mindful to reconsider how we come across. It's been said amply that we don't HAVE to respond to every post that gets our goats, for whatever reason. Glad your wife got to enjoy Norway.)

You're tone struck me differently than perhaps you meant for it.

And yes, I edited my original response because, on further reflection, I thought it went overboard - a "mistake" if you will.  I apologize.

(Too bad I wasn't fast enough to beat the moronic stalkers who live on this board.;))

I shouldn't have responded in the first place. I think the whole topic is rather silly.

22 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You're tone struck me differently than perhaps you meant for it.

And yes, I edited my original response because, on further reflection, I thought it went overboard - a "mistake" if you will.  I apologize.

(Too bad I wasn't fast enough to beat the moronic stalkers who live on this board.;))

I shouldn't have responded in the first place. I think the whole topic is rather silly.

I applaud you for editing your post. Thank you.

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Yes it shows he’s maturing!!😉

But there is so much further to go...He is like 56...IN DOG YEARS....:fish:

Archived