ADay Thoughts

PChamp119

Tre Smith is the Starting RB for the AU Tigers. Coach Tuberville has already said t there is "No question" about it ! :D

Trey vs Kenny for 1st String? Doesnt matter.

This time last year I was REAL SCARED of competing TBs. I have seen it done, and done with success.

1a and 1b !! Tre will always be in our hearts cause of 1 Saturday in November a couple of years back. Let Kenny have a chance to earn that love.

How can the OL not block one guy over and over?  McClover ruined auburn's passing game and drives.  Either that guy is the best DE in the country or Auburn's OL needs some serious work.

151761[/snapback]

The OL was not allowed to chop block for one thing. Also, a one-hand touch was all that was needed to down the QB. That is not to say that McClover won't be great and level a few QB's this year! I wonder if Brodie will even still be playing by the end of the year? He may hope that he is out that week!

Trey vs Kenny for 1st String?  Doesnt matter.

This time last year I was REAL SCARED of competing TBs. I have seen it done, and done with success.

1a and 1b !!  Tre will always be in our hearts cause of 1 Saturday in November a couple of years back. Let Kenny have a chance to earn that love.

151860[/snapback]

I agree that Irons and Stewart will both see a ton of playing time. BUT, there is NO substitute for experience. (As stated by Coach Tuberville when he named Tre the Starter.)

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

1a and 1b !! Tre will always be in our hearts cause of 1 Saturday in November a couple of years back. Let Kenny have a chance to earn that love.

Very well said. And that Saturday was absolutely wonderful!

Very well said. And that Saturday was absolutely wonderful!

151991[/snapback]

BUT COACH TUBERVILLE NAMED TRE THE STARTER.....HE SAID THAT.....Mr. Tuberville....the coach....HE SAID TRE WILL BE THE STARTER!!!! :cry3:

Give it a rest timmy, no one is trying to argue with you. Everyone is impressed with Irons during a-day, and alot of people have seen that Tre may not start most of the games next year. You cant just hear an opposing opinion, and go yelling," But tubbbs saiiid sooo!!!".... Position changes happen all the time in football.

Timmy, do some research. How did a young freshman named Carnell "Caddy" Williams start on the plains his freshman year?? Ya it wasnt right away, but he blew people away and wala....his starting job.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. YOU attack each and every post I make.

Try being a bit unique.(If that is possible for you :D )

I am done with you. You may go now. :big:

In BC's defense it is tough to complete a pass with Stanley in your face evry play!!The one sack where Stanley could have blind sided BC was my favorite play of the day,can not wait till kick off!!!!WDE!!!! :au:

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. YOU attack each and every post I make.

Try being a bit unique.(If that is possible for you :D )

I am done with you. You may go now. :big:

152051[/snapback]

Tim...I apologize.

I need to take out the beginning of that last reply, because it is an attack.

As far as the other information, it is true. I have yet to hear Tubs say Tre is the definite starter for all of next season. If you would of showed us a link with a quote, or something of that nature....then alright, but you havent.

We were all amazed by Irons performance in last years a-day game, and this year. Its hard to see Tre starting more than 1-4 games next year, with the talent we have at rb.

To analyze a player, we detail the player. Tre cannot pass block, I feel sorry for the little guy. I cant say Irons can either, but he gave a better shot at blocking McClover all day than Tre ever did. Who was the rb on most of the sacks Cox took during a-day?? Tre Smith was.

Theres alot more to playing runningback than winning the auburn-alabama game two years ago because our stars were hurt. He cant passblock as well as the other backs, and he doesnt have the better hands or running ability as the other backs, this is obvious to everyone on the board. He is still a great back, no doubt about it, just not the best one.

I accept your apology vatty. :) Coach Tuberville has said, on more than one occasion this Spring, that Tre Smith IS the STARTER at rb BECAUSE of his experience and the time he has spent @ AU and in this system.

He may or may not be the "best" rb, in your opinion, but that does not change his status as the starter. There is a whole lot more that goes into picking the "pecking" order at any position. I , for one, am very thankful that you nor I nor anyone else on this board sets the roster. There were many that were ready to bench Jason in the Spring of '04 in favor of Brandon Cox. :D

Fans are most often "fanatical". :au:

vatz i don't mean this to be an attack, but did you see any of these two guys except on a-day? kenny irons is the worst blocker of all the backs that i've seen. terrible. that's why i can't see him starting. not only is he no bigger than tre (slightly taller, same weight) but most of the time he doesn't appear to know who to block. at least tre knows who he's supposed to stand in front of even if it doesn't cause the guy to break stride.

if you wanna break down the players based on some rubbish scrimmage against 3rd teamers, okay, do it! tre had 34 yards on 8 carries for a 4.25 ypc average. he also had the longest run of the day, a 15 yard scamper. kenny had 73 yards on 18 carries for a 4.05 ypc average. tre was also used in a variety of ways by spliting out from tailback to slot receiver. so based on that game alone, the only advantage i could say kenny had was in the number of carries he got. and from the looks of almost every position of the field being manned by backups i'd say that might be b/c we were resting the starters, ie. tre.

now i'm not saying that tre will definitely without question be the starter for the whole year. i'm just saying that as of right now. he's a more complete back with more experience. that tells me he's mostly the starter, and based on his history of production on the field, i have a hard time seeing someone not named ronnie or caddilac beating him out after he gets that starting nod.

at least tre knows who he's supposed to stand in front of even if it doesn't cause the guy to break stride.

152116[/snapback]

one of the funniest things i've seen in a long time.

vatz i don't mean this to be an attack, but did you see any of these two guys except on a-day? kenny irons is the worst blocker of all the backs that i've seen. terrible.

To analyze a player, we detail the player.  Tre cannot pass block, I feel sorry for the little guy. I cant say Irons can either, but he gave a better shot at blocking McClover all day than Tre ever did.  Who was the rb on most of the sacks Cox took during a-day??  Tre Smith was. 

152084[/snapback]

Ya, I agree Irons isnt the best pass blocker....Carl Stewart pass blocks the best.

now i'm not saying that tre will definitely without question be the starter for the whole year. i'm just saying that as of right now. he's a more complete back with more experience.

Here... Thats a thread, that states exactly what I said. Tre will start the first game based off experience, he will not be the starter at the end of the season.

Also, I think of all three backs, Carl Stewart is the most complete package...hes not as small as the other two....has average speed compared to those 2, has great hands, and can hit well. If you take all categories, they fit Carl Stewart in some way....Its just that a Tre or Irons type back has more attributes into speed and agility than Carl...which is what we had last year.

Last year I think Ronnie was the most complete back, but Caddy was one of the most explosive off the handoff.

I think as the season progress, you will see the Stewart-Irons combo more than you will see Tre. Stewart can pass block the best, but Irons by far can run the ball for that homerun td than any other back on the team.

personally, i don't know how many carries carl is really going to see. he sees to be the least threatening with the ball in his hands.

Archived