2020 4* WR Kobe Hudson COMMITS TO AU (4/27/18)

The Plainsman

• Teammate of 4* DE Andy Boykin, also an AU commit
  • Offered by AU 1/07/17
  • Unofficial Visit to AU 11/18/17 (ULM game); Committed to AU 4/27/18
  • Recruiters: Garner (P), Burns (S)
  • Offers (30+): Auburn,  Alabama, App State, Arkansas, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Southern, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Miami (FL), Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, NC State, South Carolina, Syracuse, Troy and Vanderbilt, among others.
  • Hopes to be an Early Enrollee
  • 40 Yard Dash: 4.51 | 185 Bench (Reps): 12 | Squat(LBS): 505 | Clean(LBS): 270
  • Class of: 2020

HUDL Highlights

8343816.jpg
(Photo: Keith Niebuhr , 247Sports)

IMG_0100_rrehng.jpg
(Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

Loved to read this: “There are other factors. They’ve got Bo Nix coming in. They’ve got George Pickens coming in,” Hudson said. “Me and George talk a lot. George tells me they need me.”

• Like 5

When George committed last year I was like yeah but...2019 though...Hard to get excited for that. Now the next year I see how it was so good that he committed early and that now I see what he can do. We will have to wait a long time but to have a guy like him and Andy lead the class is great. This dude is a really special talent. He plays bigger than his size. His ranking will rise for sure. I'm pumped to see him on the plains with Bo and George.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 1

Wonder if this commitment will have any positive effect on the 2019 GA recruits we are hoping for. Hudson is highly rated, it can't hurt.

51 minutes ago, kd4au said:

:wareagle::wareagle:  Kodi Kat reeling in the big fish. 

I love it when recruits talk about how multiple coaches are a factor in their commitment. 

• Like 2

With last years WR Class and now this guy it appears Kodi has laid to rest the he can't recruit mantra we heard a few years ago. I realize as the position coach he may not have been the lead recruiter on all of them but the number and quality says he can recruit. As we watch the Receivers over the next couple of years I am hoping they all improve enough that we can lay to rest his skill at teaching the position. That said while we had a couple produce last year we had others who were highly recruited I thought should have made the move up the charts and produced more than they did last year. This year will go a long way to see what type of teaching coach Kodi is.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Wonder if this commitment will have any positive effect on the 2019 GA recruits we are hoping for. Hudson is highly rated, it can't hurt.

Doubt it.

Couldn’t help but notice Kobe’s positive remarks about the wide receiver coach and the head coach at Aulbern. I guess you haters are just loving that. 

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Kobe!!!!

IMG_1136.GIF

That hip thrust though...  That is the true winner of the gif

• Like 1

I love this.

Kobe Hudson has names in mind for Auburn’s 2020 class

LAGRANGE, Ga. — Many people might ask why a 2020 prospect would commit this early.

For Kobe Hudson, he already felt like he waited too long.

When he visited Auburn last summer for a 7-on-7 camp, he felt like he was ready. His relationship with Gus Malzahn was in full bloom. But his parents and coaches, as they admitted at his commitment ceremony, played the role of devil’s advocate to ensure Hudson made the smart, patient decision.

Hudson announced it at the end of last week. By that point, he’d known for a while — long enough to confidently commit.

“A year, a year, a whole year,” Hudson said.

That commitment comes with many perks for Auburn.

The obvious: Kobe Hudson is one of the elite prospects in the 2020 class.

More than that, however, Hudson automatically provides some insurance for fellow 2020 commit Andy Boykin, who has shown heavy interest of late in Georgia. Boykin spoke with SEC Country shortly after Hudson’s decision and talked almost exclusively about how cool it is that the two will play together in college.

Hudson will make sure Boykin and others see what he sees in the Tigers.

“I can keep him on track now. I can make sure he stays with Auburn,” Hudson said. “I wanted to go ahead and commit so we can build the class. We can really get the ball rolling now.”

Hudson has two wide receivers in particular who he’d like to play alongside. One is 4-star Miami commit Jermaine Burton, who has made a strong early case as the top wide receiver in the 2020 class. Burton looks fairly locked in, but Hudson said he’ll give it a try. The other is lesser-known prospect Josh Downs from North Gwinnett (Ga.). He holds offers right now from Cincinnati, Kansas State, Kentucky and others.

“We’re gonna get them all,” Hudson said with a smile.

Edited by ellitor
Put link in title
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are putting some serious work in on this 2020 class!
War Eagle!

• 3 months later...

Kobe went off tonight with Gus looking on. 5 TDs at QB against a really good and talented Callaway team.

? you Kobe!

PS - that's my wife's alma mater.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2018 at 12:25 AM, ValleyTiger said:

Kobe went off tonight with Gus looking on. 5 TDs at QB against a really good and talented Callaway team.

? you Kobe!

PS - that's my wife's alma mater.

I think I saw where he was playing qb for them???

• 9 months later...