Softball vs. florida state

Well crap......walk off HR inside the park....

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's about as bad as the football finish to that freaking school. Crap! 

Wow!  Tough way to lose.  Realistically, Rivera shouldn't dive but you have to give her credit for the effort.  

My bad. Just got home and as soon as I turned it on she was rounding third. Should have just keeper it off 

Either way, we know we can hang with them.    Tough to beat them 2 in a row if we get there. Now we play at 5 today to survive.

Hate to lose, of course, but an excellent, well-played game by both teams.  Helluvan effort by our women.  Just wish we could hit better.

3 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Hate to lose, of course, but an excellent, well-played game by both teams.  Helluvan effort by our women.  Just wish we could hit better.

Especially Carlson.  That was as good as she had pitched all season.  

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Losers Bracket final is 4PM today against the winner of the JSU - KSU game. 

Thanks...

Guess it depends on length of the game.....4 seems hard to do....but will start checking about then to see.  

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Thanks...

Guess it depends on length of the game.....4 seems hard to do....but will start checking about then to see.  

That was the scheduled time but you are right, it will be closer to 5PM Central. 

Man, haven't heard from you in forever.  Thought you must have jettisoned all your computer equipment and moved to an island in the Hebrides.  Good to know you're still around.

Tough loss but we are who we are. We aren’t good enough at the plate this year. Hopefully we can fight back and win this thing. 

2 hours ago, around4ever said:

That was the scheduled time but you are right, it will be closer to 5PM Central. 

JSU and KSU tied in the 7th right now according to the scoreboard.....no telling when it will be over....then maybe 30 more minutes between games...looks like it's gonna be a while yet... maybe 5 Central as noted...

Still now sure who we will play.... 

Question for the rules guru's: I noticed that the FSU batters were in the back of the box against Carlson, and their back foot was frequently outside the box towards the catcher when they made contact with the ball. Should this be an out under the new batting rule? 

7 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Man, haven't heard from you in forever.  Thought you must have jettisoned all your computer equipment and moved to an island in the Hebrides.  Good to know you're still around.

I hang out too much in the Political Forums having fun with the Trump haters. Need your help sometime.?

20 minutes ago, Hspoprn said:

Question for the rules guru's: I noticed that the FSU batters were in the back of the box against Carlson, and their back foot was frequently outside the box towards the catcher when they made contact with the ball. Should this be an out under the new batting rule? 

Yes.  Any part of either foot outside of the box at contact is an out.  I saw them with the back foot on the line but didn't notice them sliding it out of the box. 

Not a complaint about our coaching at all but: In the sixth with the 3-0 count on McCrackin, I'd have gone against all conventional thinking and given her the "hit it if it's there" sign. Sometimes when coaching you get a feeling that it's going to take something out of the ordinary to win a game. My gut said that was the right batter, and the right pitch to do something out of the ordinary. Their pitcher grooved a medium speed, straight pitch over the middle of the plate. I'm thinking Casey would have ripped it to or over the fence. I would have done it. Coach Dean didn't but that's not to say he was wrong.

Archived