Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

KBS is good this year, arguably the best it’s ever been since we’re 2-0 against blue bloods while I’m slamming it during games. 

It’s a shame how well hair of the dog works. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got unexpected beer mail this morning. From a buddy in Raleigh. He and I have been working on a large reforestation project together, and I surprised him with a cellared beer a month or so ago while he was in town. So, he sent this in return. 

Pulp is really nice! Big grapefruit on the nose. Nice, clean citrus taste, almost pink grapefruit. A bit dank. Great mouthfeel.

I’m saving the Pisgah for later...

1E20D9F7-3A67-4D62-A2E9-AB87547D4399.jpeg

360FE117-4D90-4DBB-8843-CBE332FB8EB6.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 5:55 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

PBXAINL.jpg

Things are getting out of hand. 

13 hours ago, AUDub said:

KBS is good this year, arguably the best it’s ever been since we’re 2-0 against blue bloods while I’m slamming it during games. 

It’s a shame how well hair of the dog works. 

Last year or the year before was my favorite since I’ve been drinking it yearly in 2013. Still haven’t sprung for a 4pk yet. But you’re the second person to say this, so I think I’ll have to snatch one before they’re gone. 

Box acquired from @Tiger Refuge.

She ain’t pretty to look at, but she’s tasty. First sip didn’t yield much flavor, but it really  developed over the rest of the pint. 

owUVvF5.jpg

This is pretty badass. And dangerously drinkable at 9%. Layers of complexity.

ZtJGSRV.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Last year or the year before was my favorite since I’ve been drinking it yearly in 2013. Still haven’t sprung for a 4pk yet. But you’re the second person to say this, so I think I’ll have to snatch one before they’re gone. 

Year prior was the best run. If we get to the final 4 while I'm ritualistically drinking it, though, this run will become the best. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

ZtJGSRV.jpg

Love that beer. Actually easy to get here.

Parish in the fridge right now is Opus/Nova Vert though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Year prior was the best run. If we get to the final 4 while I'm ritualistically drinking it, though, this run will become the best. 

Re: rituals. 

Tomorrow is my first opportunity to sit down and watch a full game on television since the SEC tourney started. I saw the second half of the Mizzou game live, as well as the last 10 minutes of Kansas. 

I’m in quite a quandary in that do I continue watching via ESPN Gamecast, or do I actually sit down and watch the game? Without having Okeke, we’ve got the deck stacked against us, but what if me not watching is what’s causing us to win?

I know it’s all silly and...giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Box acquired from @Tiger Refuge.

She ain’t pretty to look at, but she’s tasty. First sip didn’t yield much flavor, but it really  developed over the rest of the pint. 

owUVvF5.jpg

This is pretty badass. And dangerously drinkable at 9%. Layers of complexity.

ZtJGSRV.jpg

Those are two of my favorites. The FRP color has bothered me. It hasn’t taken on an oxidatized taste yet, but sometimes it looks like it’s sure headed that way. I hope the other pints may be a little cleaner for ya man. It’s been a nice surprise for a local beer.

And the Attacus...what can I say. Just a hell of an offering from Parish...triple IPA. Those folks don’t disappoint. I hate I didn’t get the Nova for you this go round. It was supposed to be here, but our distribution sucks.

Edited by Tiger Refuge

17 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Those are two of my favorites. The FRP color has bothered me. It hasn’t taken on an oxidatized taste yet, but sometimes it looks like it’s sure headed that way. I hope the other pints may be a little cleaner for ya man. It’s been a nice surprise for a local beer.

And the Attacus...what can I say. Just a hell of an offering from Parish...triple IPA. Those folks don’t disappoint. I hate I didn’t get the Nova for you this go round. It was supposed to be here, but our distribution sucks.

Definitely looks like Mississippi River mud water if I’m being honest. But it doesn’t taste oxidized. It’s not flat for certain. Thick too. Next can I open, I’ll turn it upside down a time or two and see how that reflects. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Update: turned the FRP a few times and that seems to have helped the flavor. But I’ve also had a few others since the last. Clarity still yucky.

Yeah, the first 4 pack I had was a bit yucky looking, but I didn’t have an issue after that. Hopefully they can figure out the issue and resolve it. I know several of the local breweries have had to work through oxygenation issues with these hazy beers.

Edited by Tiger Refuge

FINAL FOUR MOTHER LOVERS. I watched the the whole game, so the jinx is kaput. WAR DAMN EAGLE, my fellow lovers of all things that are nice!

Started with local IPAs at the bar, then settled in with a GITM, and capped it off with Stone Enjoy By 4/20 at home. 

I’m kinda ****** up. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

FINAL FOUR MOTHER LOVERS. I watched the the whole game, so the jinx is kaput. WAR DAMN EAGLE, my fellow lovers of all things that are nice!

Started with local IPAs at the bar, then settled in with a GITM, and capped it off with Stone Enjoy By 4/20 at home. 

This seals it. Best KBS run ever. Y’all can thank me later. 

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

You good on KBS or do I need to overnight some?

I'm good :cool:

I.am.blitzed. It's too early to be blitzed. War ******* Eagle. 

14 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Whew, I was toasted Sunday. Monday wasn’t very productive. 

This week hasn't been very productive for me.

• Haha 2