Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. That's a straight up gimmick.

So maybe it's the marketing aspect of it? This blitz we're all being hit with? 

Definitely marketing. They probably hired a firm to float this to local news outlets and FB pages, so it spread like wildfire. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I mean..just look at this madness. This is by far more crazy than the Lucky Charms beer. And I didn’t even have to go digging through their Instagram, it was in one of the last few posts.

RZRHsao.jpg

I don’t even know what to say about that....wait...yes I do.

BB553C7B-1169-4A9A-957F-19CE398D8812.gif

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I mean..just look at this madness. This is by far more crazy than the Lucky Charms beer. And I didn’t even have to go digging through their Instagram, it was in one of the last few posts.

RZRHsao.jpg

This makes me irrationally angry. Heavy emphasis on "irrationally". And "angry". 

15 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

So many thoughts.

Boudin and cane syrup for breakfast is a thing? Gotta try it.

Are you gonna go?

I'm still curious about meat fat in a beer.

I trust Bayou Teche and I don't think they would put this out if it's not good.

Damn I'm hungry and thirsty and beer and boudin for breakfast seems totally legit on a Friday. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So many thoughts.

Boudin and cane syrup for breakfast is a thing? Gotta try it.

Are you gonna go?

I'm still curious about meat fat in a beer.

I trust Bayou Teche and I don't think they would put this out if it's not good.

Damn I'm hungry and thirsty and beer and boudin for breakfast seems totally legit on a Friday. 

I won’t be at the release. Fingers crossed that through social media pressure, I can convince them to send a case or two up here to north LA. 

I am totally intrigued by this beer. I agree on the meat question. I get the rice and spices part. I guess it depends on how meaty this particular boudin is. And I frickin’ love cane syrup. 

Boudin is always the answer to any food question.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Boudin is always the answer to any food question.

This is going to make my participation in food conversations so much easier.

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Boudin.

FINALLY we can put that nonsense to bed. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This is going to make my participation in food conversations so much easier.

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Boudin.

FINALLY we can put that nonsense to bed. 

Soup or salad?

Boudin.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m super pumped for you to get your hands on that smoked boudin. It is soooooo freaking good.

I didn't tell McWifey I ordered it. Just waiting for a giant box of meat to show up. I think she'll be into it. I think I've told y'all before that she got her masters at UNO and she is my life coach for all things NOLA/Acadiana. And she makes fantastic red beans and rice. So that's where one of the 4 lbs of andouille is going. 

Crap. Now I can't think about anything except injecting pork and rice directly into my facehole. Or do you eat smoked boudin the same way? I guess maybe you don't squeeze it out of the tube like normal boudin? 

• Love 1

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I didn't tell McWifey I ordered it. Just waiting for a giant box of meat to show up. I think she'll be into it. I think I've told y'all before that she got her masters at UNO and she is my life coach for all things NOLA/Acadiana. And she makes fantastic red beans and rice. So that's where one of the 4 lbs of andouille is going. 

Crap. Now I can't think about anything except injecting pork and rice directly into my facehole. Or do you eat smoked boudin the same way? I guess maybe you don't squeeze it out of the tube like normal boudin? 

Injecting pork and rice into face hole....hell....yes!

I eat the whole damn thing. “Slow” cook it on a charcoal/gas grill or cooked on a cookie sheet in the oven. That casing is a bit sensitive, so pan searing can be tough. I’m sure it’s great out of the casing, I’ve just never deconstructed it outside of my pie hole.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Injecting pork and rice into face hole....hell....yes!

I eat the whole damn thing. “Slow” cook it on a charcoal/gas grill or cooked on a cookie sheet in the oven. That casing is a bit sensitive, so pan searing can be tough. I’m sure it’s great out of the casing, I’ve just never deconstructed it outside of my pie hole.

Excellent. 

Even better. I just realized I'm going to bug you about beer pairings...

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Excellent. 

Even better. I just realized I'm going to bug you about beer pairings...

It’s pretty spicy, so I tend to go with an easier drinker. We have a dry hopped pilsner here from Great Raft that I love with spicy food. Just my personal taste.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

It’s pretty spicy, so I tend to go with an easier drinker. We have a dry hopped pilsner here from Great Raft that I love with spicy food. Just my personal taste.  

I usually go IPA or Pils with spicy food. I might dabble in some Abita options since that's the only LA beer we get around here. And I do love Andygator, which might actually work well. Germans know a thing or two about smoking meat.

Speaking of Abita, I tried their Brut IPA and their strawberry lager yesterday. I take my lunch in a glass on Thursdays, at Pinkie Masters. The bartender and I have become buds and she shares her samples with me when she gets them. It was my first time trying a brut IPA and I quite liked it. Didn't care for the strawberry lager, but I'm curious what somebody who's into beers like that would think. 

Um, REVE?!?!?! OH HELL YES I am definitely going to try it with a coffee stout. And a pilsener. And a bock. And.....

• Love 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I usually go IPA or Pils with spicy food. I might dabble in some Abita options since that's the only LA beer we get around here. And I do love Andygator, which might actually work well. Germans know a thing or two about smoking meat.

Speaking of Abita, I tried their Brut IPA and their strawberry lager yesterday. I take my lunch in a glass on Thursdays, at Pinkie Masters. The bartender and I have become buds and she shares her samples with me when she gets them. It was my first time trying a brut IPA and I quite liked it. Didn't care for the strawberry lager, but I'm curious what somebody who's into beers like that would think. 

Um, REVE?!?!?! OH HELL YES I am definitely going to try it with a coffee stout. And a pilsener. And a bock. And.....

I love liquid lunches. Especially somewhere that they know you. Makes after lunch very...pleasant.

I detest their strawberry beer. It always tastes skunked to me. Every. Single. Time. Most people aroud here loooooooove it. Probably their biggest seasonal seller.

Andygator is fantastic. They canned it in 22.oz cans for Mardi Gras. Face, meet pavement.

It shipped! My meatness shipped! I didn't think they'd fulfill the order until Monday. 

Stay tuned for a new AUF club called Sausage Party.

Pretty sure that was a joke. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It shipped! My meatness shipped! I didn't think they'd fulfill the order until Monday. 

Stay tuned for a new AUF club called Sausage Party.

Pretty sure that was a joke. 

This is an actual van here in Monroe. Not my pic, but I’ve seen it all around town. 

C7E818E8-54C8-48AB-97FF-8E7A43073608.jpeg

• Haha 1