Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Screw it. I'm in.

I ****ing LOVE boudin. 

We’re going to a restaurant in Oxford tomorrow before the Spafford show that serves boudin tater tots. Once I saw that on the menu I didn’t care about anything else. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Screw it. I'm in.

I ****ing LOVE boudin. 

Dude. DUUUDE. Boudin is like my favorite tubular food. I can’t remember if I shared it before, but this place has the best(no pun intended) boudin I have ever had. EVAR. The smoked boudin in particular, is my all time favorite. They ship, btw.

https://www.beststopinscott.com/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We’re going to a restaurant in Oxford before the Spafford show that serves boudin tater tots. Once I saw that on the menu I didn’t care about anything else. 

Uhhhhh...boudin tater tots? Jeezbus, I can feel my pants getting tighter already.😳

20 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Uhhhhh...boudin tater tots? Jeezbus, I can feel my pants getting tighter already.😳

I’ll report back. Even if we don’t dine there, we’ll just grab that.

http://places.singleplatform.com/the-wine-bar-13/menu?ref=integration

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

This is the bee’s knees. SoPro Hex Clouds DDH DIPA. Best SoPro product I’ve ever had.

zGRB0yf.jpg

Man, I freaking love SoPro. Still don’t have their stuff here, but I grab it when I can. Salad Days is awesome.

39 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Dude. DUUUDE. Boudin is like my favorite tubular food. I can’t remember if I shared it before, but this place has the best(no pun intended) boudin I have ever had. EVAR. The smoked boudin in particular, is my all time favorite. They ship, btw.

FAVOURITE TUBULAR FOOD HAHAHA

10 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Man, I freaking love SoPro. Still don’t have their stuff here, but I grab it when I can. Salad Days is awesome.

Their distribution in Memphis has gotten a bit wonky as of late because the current distributor got acquired by Ajax-Turner in Nashville. So while all that was going down, the current distributor sort of put a halt on ordering stuff.

My distributor sales rep heard Hex Cloud dropped at a local store via hand delivery yesterday, so he did me a solid and tracked down a case and brought it to me. 

• Love 1

17 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Pretty sure this is where my next paycheck is headed. I'm already filling up my cart. 5 lbs in and I haven't even gotten past the boudin section. 

Update: Okay, I think I was very responsible and showed a lot of restraint. Only 4 types of boudin, 1 order of cracklins, 2 crawfish pies, 1 head cheese, 1 tasso, 4 lbs of assorted smoked and fresh sausages, 1 stuffed and deboned chicken, 1 thing of meatballs and 1 package of jalapeno chicken patties. Holy crap, what a goldmine. All of that plus shipping was still < $150. Refuge, you are either my favorite human or my nemesis. Better start clearing out my garage freezer. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Pretty sure this is where my next paycheck is headed. I'm already filling up my cart. 5 lbs in and I haven't even gotten past the boudin section. 

Update: Okay, I think I was very responsible and showed a lot of restraint. Only 4 types of boudin, 1 order of cracklins, 2 crawfish pies, 1 head cheese, 1 tasso, 4 lbs of assorted smoked and fresh sausages, 1 stuffed and deboned chicken, 1 thing of meatballs and 1 package of jalapeno chicken patties. Holy crap, what a goldmine. All of that plus shipping was still < $150. Refuge, you are either my favorite human or my nemesis. Better start clearing out my garage freezer. 

I got my eye on one of them boudin stuffed turduckens.

I made a pilgrimage the last time I was in Lafayette. It is a frickin' cornucopia of meatness when you walk in the door. All I'm sayin is, if you haven't had fresh cracklin' and pepperjack stuffed boudin balls...you ain't lived. I'm tal'm bout make a paper sack translucent with that absorbed oil...

Forgot to add- You can take that smoked boudin and just put it on a baking sheet in the oven to heat it up and crisp that casing. GOODGOOOOGLYMOOGLY

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I got my eye on one of them boudin stuffed turduckens.

I made a pilgrimage the last time I was in Lafayette. It is a frickin' cornucopia of meatness when you walk in the door. All I'm sayin is, if you haven't had fresh cracklin' and pepperjack stuffed boudin balls...you ain't lived. I'm tal'm bout make a paper sack translucent with that absorbed oil...

I couldn't believe the selection on the website, nor can I believe the prices. You did share it once before but for whatever reason I wasn't in a position to take advantage at the time. 

I did not get the boudin balls, but it seems a safe bet that I have not ordered from them for the last time. 

Maaaaaan, I can't wait for that shipment to get here. I'm making so many plans for all that meatness. 

37 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

This stuff made the news segment of my morning radio show. I felt like it was a jump the shark moment for beer.

A lot of breweries have used marshmallows in their beers in the past. Black Bottle Brewing in Fort Collins has been doing a cereal based beer for years. I don’t know why this particular one has gained such interest, look at all the goofy s*** that Omnipollo puts in theirs. But then again, perhaps craft beer is as popular as ever right now. Good marketing for this random brewery though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Without having tried it, this strikes me as a perfect comment. 

I feel like craft beer jumped the shark with the glitter IPAs. But craft beer kind of jumps the shark every couple years. 

Remember when you found a stout made with coffee? That was crazy. Now it’s a common adjunct. Then they started making coffee IPAs, but never really took off—even though I wish it had. Pumpkin beer—whaaa? Now it’s sometimes the only beer people will drink. 

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I feel like craft beer jumped the shark with the glitter IPAs. But craft beer kind of jumps the shark every couple years. 

Remember when you found a stout made with coffee? That was crazy. Now it’s a common adjunct. Then they started making coffee IPAs, but never really took off—even though I wish it had. Pumpkin beer—whaaa? Now it’s sometimes the only beer people will drink. 

Glitter IPAs???

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Glitter IPAs???

No, it’s not an April Fool’s joke ala the helium beers from a few years back. It is or was a thing for a couple breweries.

https://www.craftbeer.com/craft-beer-muses/glitter-beer-sparkles-springs-craft-beer-trend

jH92EK1.jpg

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

How did I not hear about this?! Hey, I get it. If the beer's good, why not. I could totally see getting my mind right on a beautiful spring or fall day and then heading to some estate brewery and sitting outside sessioning sparkly beers all afternoon. 

Something about the Lucky Charms beer, though. Just seems so contrived. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

How did I not hear about this?! Hey, I get it. If the beer's good, why not. I could totally see getting my mind right on a beautiful spring or fall day and then heading to some estate brewery and sitting outside sessioning sparkly beers all afternoon. 

Something about the Lucky Charms beer, though. Just seems so contrived. 

Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout from Wynkoop is made with bull testicles. And it’s awful. 

7 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout from Wynkoop is made with bull testicles. And it’s awful. 

Yeah. That's a straight up gimmick.

So maybe it's the marketing aspect of it? This blitz we're all being hit with?