Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

18 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Apparently, release day at Parish turned into a sh!tshow. Super long lines. People cutting line. Reduced limits.

BOOOOO. 

How many times are we going to hear this story? I realize it's hard to do anything big for the first time but this really does just keep happening over and over again. 

Brewery releases really do sound like the worst possible thing in the world to me unless they just happen to not be all of what you described. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

BOOOOO. 

How many times are we going to hear this story? I realize it's hard to do anything big for the first time but this really does just keep happening over and over again. 

Brewery releases really do sound like the worst possible thing in the world to me unless they just happen to not be all of what you described. 

I did it once for Juicy Bits/Medianoche release at Weldwerks a few years ago. It wasn’t a shitshow, but it wasn’t fun standing in line 2 hours before they opened, then another 45 after they opened. 

Highly unlikely I’ll do it again. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

BOOOOO. 

Apparently, people started showing up at 4AM for a 10AM release. There were two lines, a pre-sale line and a regular "day of" sale line. Limits were released in the announcement. So, folks get there early. Line partying starts, new folks start trickling in later on, visit with folks in line at the front, and voila...get in line. People were saying that they "lost" 20-30 places in line. Also said that they started cutting back on the limits. 

I get the "want" to drive up interest. I don't see the need for Parish to do this. They are well established and sought after, for good reason. Hell, they released some GITM with black caps a month or so ago due to running out of their regular red "Parish" caps, and people started flipping out. Said it was some secret dry hopped version that they were't telling anyone about. The internet is so entertaining. 

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Apparently, people started showing up at 4AM for a 10AM release. There were two lines, a pre-sale line and a regular "day of" sale line. Limits were released in the announcement. So, folks get there early. Line partying starts, new folks start trickling in later on, visit with folks in line at the front, and voila...get in line. People were saying that they "lost" 20-30 places in line. Also said that they started cutting back on the limits. 

I get the "want" to drive up interest. I don't see the need for Parish to do this. They are well established and sought after, for good reason. Hell, they released some GITM with black caps a month or so ago due to running out of their regular red "Parish" caps, and people started flipping out. Said it was some secret dry hopped version that they were't telling anyone about. The internet is so entertaining. 

I would do a surprise drop in the middle of the day on a Wednesday. First come first served. Obviously that would probably turn into a madhouse as well. 

I don’t really care to stand in lines in big crowds. I just about come out of my skin. I hate the cattle line to get into venues/sporting events too. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I would do a surprise drop in the middle of the day on a Wednesday. First come first served. Obviously that would probably turn into a madhouse as well. 

I don’t really care to stand in lines in big crowds. I just about come out of my skin. I hate the cattle line to get into venues/sporting events too. 

This is me. All day. Standing in line=instant redass for me. Also, I totally turn into the nosy, hall monitor type...eyeing people/wondering why it’s taking so long/who is being an idiot...it’s not a good look for me.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

This is me. All day. Standing in line=instant redass for me. Also, I totally turn into the nosy, hall monitor type...eyeing people/wondering why it’s taking so long/who is being an idiot...it’s not a good look for me.

My brothers. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

http://tastetherarity.com/

Speaking of standing in line.

@ShocksMyBrain going? Great Raft from Shreveport will be there.

Nah, I’ve got to work. I thought requesting off for it, but I already had too many requests out. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

Westbrook’s lemon-cucumber gose is flipping delicious. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Saw that on Hop City-Bham. Was wondering if you’d grab it. 

Better than the key lime version, and I LOVED the key lime version. 

• Love 1

17 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

xkomV8z.jpg

Can we stop with the weed beers? Please. 

Evidently my spot in Savannah agrees with you. They have their 4 packs of the 16 oz SweetWater 420 strain marked down to 5.99. I got two.

58 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Evidently my spot in Savannah agrees with you. They have their 4 packs of the 16 oz SweetWater 420 strain marked down to 5.99. I got two.

SW G13 Mango Kush just hit the market here. I didn’t order any. 

• Like 1

Mango kush is indica dominant 65-35

don't ask me how I know that. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Leafly tell you that?

Yes, but that I know what that means at all is pretty funny. Didn't even know different strains were a thing before I saw half baked. 

• Like 1

This may be one of the best beers I’ve ever had. Mango like a mofo. Juicy. Mouthwatering. Thanks to @ShocksMyBrain for the hella hookup.

ETA- Mango....guava...apparently I like sour IPA’s. And apparently I have no idea what tropical fruits taste like...

075C47D1-8E9A-464C-886C-166D83390E39.jpeg

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

This may be one of the best beers I’ve ever had. Mango like a mofo. Juicy. Mouthwatering. Thanks to @ShocksMyBrain for the hella hookup.

ETA- Mango....guava...apparently I like sour IPA’s. And apparently I have no idea what tropical fruits taste like...

075C47D1-8E9A-464C-886C-166D83390E39.jpeg

Interesting how it evolved. When it was fresh it tasted like a peach dipped in Thai coconut soup. 

Glad you enjoy it!

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Interesting how it evolved. When it was fresh it tasted like a peach dipped in Thai coconut soup. 

Glad you enjoy it!

My God, that sounds interesting. This beer is soooo freaking good. The guava sour taste is so fresh, it’s unreal. At the risk of...the taste just runs down the back of your throat and fills the sinus cavity with tropical goodness. I honestly can’t remember ever drinking a sour IPA, but damn if I don’t think this couldn’t be one of the best. So balanced with tropical/sour citrus/fruity goodness.

• Like 1
  • Love 1