Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

20 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I don’t necessarily disapprove of their model. It works sometimes. Hop Bullet is a freaking reg in my fridge now. Pretty much displaced Torpedo. Speaking of which, Torpedo was another one that I think they nailed using that same model. 

Agree completely on Hazy Little Thing. But speaking of those “mass market” NEIPAs, I still snap up that NB Juicy Haze Voodoo Ranger from time to time.  

Hazy Ranger is the absolute best mass produced version of NEIPA. And I truly dislike New Belgium. 

I scoop that beer up often. 

On 3/7/2019 at 7:56 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

(*anxiously waits for boudin review*)

Sigh. I should've just bought about 20 lbs of that and not bought anything else. I was so sad when I was done with mine. The crisp casing, the smoke, the heat... dear lawd, so so good. And I only have 1 lb left :( At least I know I get to order some more!

Actually, the cracklins are damned good, too. Don't know what we'll try next- head cheese? crawfish and shrimp stuffed chicken?- but y'all will hear all about it.

Damn, that boudin tho

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Drinking Sierra Nevada Brut IPA.

I think I like brut IPAs. Quite a bit.

Hang on. Got to go get SMB so we can gang up on you and tell you how wrong you are. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Hang on. Got to go get SMB so we can gang up on you and tell you how wrong you are. 

Dammit. I feel like I'm missing a joke :(

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Dammit. I feel like I'm missing a joke :(

LOL start here. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

LOL start here. 

Hah! How did I miss all that?!?

And I like Hazy Little Thing, too *ducks*

Fwiw, I rambled on quite a bit about Hop Bullet when I discovered it. One out of three ain't bad? Lol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hah! How did I miss all that?!?

And I like Hazy Little Thing, too *ducks*

Fwiw, I rambled on quite a bit about Hop Bullet when I discovered it. One out of three ain't bad? Lol

I actually bought Hop Bullet initially on your rec. 

On the Hazy, it just doesn’t measure up to what I expect an NEIPA to be. Feels ok, looks ok, tastes meh. Compare it to peeling an orange and eating the rind rather than the flesh. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Bonus spider, yeah. 

I didn’t kill him but had a hard ass time getting him to **** off. Probably looked like a lunatic trying to hold his web and waving my arms around on the patio. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I didn’t kill him but had a hard ass time getting him to **** off. Probably looked like a lunatic trying to hold his web and waving my arms around on the patio. 

Should have shown him who’s boss and drank his stubborn ass. 

Y'all wanna see some crazy ass s***? This is at my local Kroger Kro-Bar. They do half pours for half price, too. My total bill for a 120, Big Baptista and local heavy ipa? 7.50.

IMG_20190310_121303.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Should have shown him who’s boss and drank his stubborn ass. 

Being the pacifist that I am toward nature, I don’t harm bugs in their natural habitat...unless skeeter or tick. 

If they’re in my house, they dead. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Y'all wanna see some crazy ass s***? This is at my local Kroger Kro-Bar. They do half pours for half price, too. My total bill for a 120, Big Baptista and local heavy ipa? 7.50.

IMG_20190310_121303.jpg

WTF

Can you drink while you shop also??

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Damn. 

• Like 1

I don’t want anyone else to find out about Southern Grist. Just you guys. Even with 2 people working the taps, the line is ridiculous at Bearded. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

9 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

WTF

Can you drink while you shop also??

Yup. That's the whole business plan. They're literally getting people tipsy so they'll spend more. BIG win for a guy like me who loves a bargain and who wears tipsy like a broken in pair of Levi's.

• Love 1

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

I don’t want anyone else to find out about Southern Grist. Just you guys. Even with 2 people working the taps, the line is ridiculous. 

Love you too bro!

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yup. That's the whole business plan. They're literally getting people tipsy so they'll spend more. BIG win for a guy like me who loves a bargain and who wears tipsy like a broken in pair of Levi's.

Well that would certainly make my Kroger trips less painful. I hate the Krogers around here with a passion. I usually only go in for a few things NYC bodega style. Something to sip on would be awesome.

There is one Kroger about 15 minutes from the house that sold growlers for a minute. But they yanked it because growler sales are tanking all over the city. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

• Members Online