Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

But since I’m on a soccer bent, this tournament is going better than the last for Sadie. Our starting left wing and most of the goal production got hurt last weekend and is out with a sprained ankle, but we didn’t need her. 8-0 and 7-0 wins. Competetives in our age group, but teams that aren’t anywhere near our level. Sadie started both games in goal, but really didn’t need to. Only had two easy saves in both. In the first, they yanked her shortly after half and stuck her at right wing. She actually got pulled down in the box in possession, earning a penalty. Of course, she earned the right to take it, so she did. One of my friend’s daughters is also in this tournament in another age bracket, so he was there watching. Right before this, I tell him Sadie is a moderate at best PK shooter. Of course she proves me wrong right behind that and slots it home right into the back corner post of the goal. 

She didn’t celebrate this one, in honor of the keeper fraternity, or sorority, as it were. That poor girl was awesome, but we were shooting with impunity so 8 got by her. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

Beer is good!

Beer is good!

Beer is good!

And stuff!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

@AUDub hated to see you go from the Pol board, you have more patience than I do. 

I'm not gone. Got a temporary cool down period. It was at my request via PM, no less! That being said, I most definitely deserved it. Intellectual dishonesty bothers the hell out of me, but the kind of behavior I exhibited warrants a ban. 

• Like 1

Boom.

NaTzAIX.jpg

Second tournament in a row in which she pitched nothing but shutouts. #nogoalpatrol

• Like 2

On 4/12/2019 at 1:41 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Hot crackers and fresh Envie at the new BBQ joint in town. Impressive so far. Brisket nachos forthcoming.

03C4AF62-1E4D-44C4-8253-DE3EEB9B5D8F.jpeg

Your BBQ joint > my BBQ joint

Great gotamighty

• Love 1

On 4/8/2019 at 7:29 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

I’ve never tried to buy like this before. May have to do it this time...it’ll be a race on the website.

91F71DE5-6260-449C-9475-AD161BFF9463.jpeg

9F7225D8-7D49-4B3E-96E7-BD71D3A61555.png

2 minutes. That’s how long it took to sell out. 2 minutes.

That’s faster than Metallica.

• Sad 1

Color me unimpressed. Had high hopes because the nose is great, color is great, and feels like an NEIPA should. Taste did not live up to the nose. Too subdued. 

And the sediment! Jeez. Just chunky. 

KlU5mWL.jpg

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Ew. NEIPA gone wrong. 

May seriously whip out the cheese cloth for the last three cans. 

In Nashville for the afternoon to visit my wife’s aunt who’s in hospice. That was a tough visit. 

Dropped in at Southern Grist for some pints. Shockingly low amount of IPAs. Mostly sours, which is fine. No pics, but DDH Mixed Greens 35 is what I’m taking home. 

Just spent a small fortune on beer at Craft Brewed in Nashville. 😬

But my wife just got a new job and I was informed a promotion is in the works for me. 😁

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

In Nashville for the afternoon to visit my wife’s aunt who’s in hospice. That was a tough visit. 

Dropped in at Southern Grist for some pints. Shockingly low amount of IPAs. Mostly sours, which is fine. No pics, but DDH Mixed Greens 35 is what I’m taking home. 

I can imagine those beers were medicinal. Best to you and your wife and her family. 

I look forward to more opportunities to try Southern Grist beers for sure.

15 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Just spent a small fortune on beer at Craft Brewed in Nashville. 😬

But my wife just got a new job and I was informed a promotion is in the works for me. 😁

Double congrats!!

• Thanks 1