Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

On 3/6/2021 at 8:04 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

First beer consumed in the new house while we cleaned. “Dirty Dova” being a moniker for Cordova, where we moved to. Totally apropos. 

4fYseHo.jpg

Congrats! Hope the settling in process is fun in addition to being exhausting.

On 3/6/2021 at 10:40 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

The only All Relation beer I was able to procure before they closed. Probably their most popular, and I see why. Just unbelievably complex and tasty. Is that, anise I taste? 

F6948EA2-E9C2-4D16-A7EF-67496BF548FA.jpeg

Bro. Telling us about a brewery for the first time after they closed (?). And the beer is good? Brutal.

• Haha 1

Deschutes dropped in GA. Got love for those guys. Hoping we get some of the deeper cuts but I picked up a sampler 12 pack Friday. Black Butte + 2 IPAs and an APA. The IPA branded as "west coast" was decidedly New Englandy, and the other IPA and APA, both branded as "juicy", are indeed a little juicy but still decidedly west coast. Closer to Tropicalia or Jai Alai than they are to what most of us consider juicy. All in all a good fridge beer buy. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Congrats! Hope the settling in process is fun in addition to being exhausting.

We moved all our furniture and everything “big” and “necessary” in yesterday. Feeling it today, and not wanting to do that again for a loooong time. 

• Like 2

Wicked Weed Pernicious made an appearance at local buyer. Pretty damn good. Sun out, in 70's, IPA getting real.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Wicked Weed Pernicious made an appearance at local buyer. Pretty damn good. Sun out, in 70's, IPA getting real.

Dude, I know you asked about wine under $20. I get it, but let me just say that if you ever splurge and do Caymus cab you'll be hooked. Retail $79 but worth every cent. Buy it for the other half on a special occasion. You'll be rewarded. 

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Deschutes dropped in GA. Got love for those guys. Hoping we get some of the deeper cuts but I picked up a sampler 12 pack Friday. Black Butte + 2 IPAs and an APA. The IPA branded as "west coast" was decidedly New Englandy, and the other IPA and APA, both branded as "juicy", are indeed a little juicy but still decidedly west coast. Closer to Tropicalia or Jai Alai than they are to what most of us consider juicy. All in all a good fridge beer buy. 

Deschutes dropped in Tennessee last week too. They also just acquired fellow-Bend, Oregon brewery Boneyard (who make badass west coast IPAs). I drank some Fresh Squeezed on Saturday while cleaning. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Wicked Weed has absolutely tanked in Memphis. Pernicious is solid though for sure. 

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Wicked Weed has absolutely tanked in Memphis. Pernicious is solid though for sure. 

I had the Coastal Love Hazy and not impressed, so I get it. Still thoroughly enjoyed Pernicious and agree it is solid.

24 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I had the Coastal Love Hazy and not impressed, so I get it. Still thoroughly enjoyed Pernicious and agree it is solid.

Most of the hazy stuff from the big beer guys won’t hold a candle to any of the locally/regionally produced breweries too. I still try them, but they’re usually pretty meh. 

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Bro. Telling us about a brewery for the first time after they closed (?). And the beer is good? Brutal.

I was really unlucky on that brewery. Our in state disto is terrible. All Relation was out of New Orleans. The head brewer had been at Southern Prohibition in MS for a few years before branching out on his own. I think he was originally somewhere up on the east coast? Anyway, their place was another casualty of the rona.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Damn, this is the s***. 

9NTZQkJ.jpg

G47QPKX.jpg

Does it lean sweet? I should mix a sixer of fruited sours with my next purchase. I probably won't though. I'll probably just get a bunch of IPAs and then bitch about them smdh.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Does it lean sweet? I should mix a sixer of fruited sours with my next purchase. I probably won't though. I'll probably just get a bunch of IPAs and then bitch about them smdh.

Yeah, it’s definitely on the sweeter side but a nice tart presence as well. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

@Tiger RefugeUrban South started distributing here. The Holy Roller is a solid everyday IPA. 

Hell yes. Very solid. They hold their own with anyone else in the state for sure. They have a bunch of other good beer as well. Their seasonals are very solid and their brewery out of Houston is doing a bunch of the fruited sours. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Hell yes. Very solid. They hold their own with anyone else in the state for sure. They have a bunch of other good beer as well. Their seasonals are very solid and their brewery out of Houston is doing a bunch of the fruited sours. 

27Adyq5.jpg

We also got their Berliner (I think), and the Cucumber Lime Gose which I really want to try soon. This is my 2nd 6er of Holy Roller in as many days. Goes down way too easily. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

27Adyq5.jpg

We also got their Berliner (I think), and the Cucumber Lime Gose which I really want to try soon. This is my 2nd 6er of Holy Roller in as many days. Goes down way too easily. 

Their gose has been super popular. I haven’t had it yet. They also have a DDH version of Holy Roller and a Grapefruit version that is awesome!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Their gose has been super popular. I haven’t had it yet. They also have a DDH version of Holy Roller and a Grapefruit version that is awesome!

If only we could get Parish distributed here. 😑

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

If only we could get Parish distributed here. 😑

Insane that y’all don’t...just crazy. Bloom just released last week. I freaking loooooooooove that beer.

3 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Insane that y’all don’t...just crazy. Bloom just released last week. I freaking loooooooooove that beer.

Dude like every state that touches our southern border gets Parish. I don’t even know. 

• Sad 1