Baseball vs. Northeastern (Raleigh Regional Game 1)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13-3 to the ninth!

Estes strikes out looking on ball off the outside black

anthony flys out to center

have not been a fan of the umpires strike zone today.  Has been wide with strikes off the plate.  Balls low and off the plate have been strikes.  Low over the middle at same height has been balls.  A lot of tanners balls over the plate were not called, but they were at the edges.

Ump has been consistent for both teams.  I just haven’t really liked his zone

Welby allows a couple on and a run scores but closes it out.  Nice relief appearance by Welby.

burns does his job and a lightly used reliever does his job. 

Auburn piles up hits and double digit runs.  Every batter gets a hit.  A couple dingers and solid days batting by our freshmen, among others.

11 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Answer is no mercy rule in the tournament. Guess that forces you to pitch 9 innings.

I'm ok with games like today's outcome not having one of those..?

You could argue that Over the last few weekends that Mitchell has the best start and might have the best overall outings (i have not verified this)

point being ... keep Mize as second on weekend and let Mitchell close it out Sunday?

I have been on conference calls and meetings all afternoon, just catching up. I guess Gabe got the message across this week. 17 hits....I like the rakes our guys took to Raleigh, especially the “S Williams” model. His absence has been felt, glad Carolina agrees with him  

Go get ‘em Casey Nono. 

If NC State loses, I’d hold Mize to Sunday. I’d try to line him up against NCSU. 

26 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

If NC State loses, I’d hold Mize to Sunday. I’d try to line him up against NCSU. 

Agreed but I don't see Army hanging with NCSU.  Although, Army does like to play small ball and the use the run game.  That could throw NCSU off their game. 

2 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Anyone notice Julian’s body language after the slide at second ... seemed lethargic like he might be ill ... or am I reading too much into it

The heat could be a factor for him.....

I'm just all around pleased with things right now. Lots of good in that game.....especially the return of Williams' bat. That's a BIG thing going forward. 

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

Estes strikes out looking on ball off the outside black

anthony flys out to center

have not been a fan of the umpires strike zone today.  Has been wide with strikes off the plate.  Balls low and off the plate have been strikes.  Low over the middle at same height has been balls.  A lot of tanners balls over the plate were not called, but they were at the edges.

Ump has been consistent for both teams.  I just haven’t really liked his zone

I commented on that after Jarvis’ K. Ball was low and away and he struck out looking as a result. Meh. 

Missed game today, but good win.  Kind of expected that after NE didn't throw their ace as we shelled their other pitchers in our first series.  I'll take it though!

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Missed game today, but good win.  Kind of expected that after NE didn't throw their ace as we shelled their other pitchers in our first series.  I'll take it though!

You probably know this already....but you can catch the replay on WatchESPN. I missed the first 3 innings so I just had to go back and watch Big Canada's first NCAA Tournament 3 run homer....?

I also noticed that someone was there in the stands waving the Maple Leaf.....love it!

Archived