Self pardon?

HVAU

Are Americans, Republican or Democrat, really ok with this?

I mean I know a lot of Trump supporters enjoy their guy getting the goat of liberals, but this doesn't seem ok and would be unthinkable rhetoric from any politician being held accountable by their party.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/04/trump-i-have-the-absolute-right-to-pardon-myself.html

"As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself, but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong? In the meantime, the never ending Witch Hunt, led by 13 very Angry and Conflicted Democrats (& others) continues into the mid-terms!"

I'm not even surprised. 

We might as well as add megalomaniac:  Narcissitic, psychopathic, megalomaniac.    NPM, as if you might have trouble remembering it. :-\ 

On 6/4/2018 at 9:14 AM, HVAU said:

Are Americans, Republican or Democrat, really ok with this?

I mean I know a lot of Trump supporters enjoy their guy getting the goat of liberals, but this doesn't seem ok and would be unthinkable rhetoric from any politician being held accountable by their party.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/04/trump-i-have-the-absolute-right-to-pardon-myself.html

"As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself, but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong? In the meantime, the never ending Witch Hunt, led by 13 very Angry and Conflicted Democrats (& others) continues into the mid-terms!"

It's a moot point. He isn't going to have to pardon himself because he isn't going to need to. As far as him saying he could that's just Trump being Trump and giving the haters something to moan and groan about.

30 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

It's a moot point. He isn't going to have to pardon himself because he isn't going to need to. As far as him saying he could that's just Trump being Trump and giving the haters something to moan and groan about.

So, we are now in the mode of accepting a President saying idiotic s*** he knows isn't true just to f*** with people?  Nice to know the leader of the free world has that kind of time on his hands.

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

So, we are now in the mode of accepting a President saying idiotic s*** he knows isn't true just to f*** with people?  Nice to know the leader of the free world has that kind of time on his hands.

^^^^^^ This is the sole reason he is in the White House. America accepting it and excusing it is embarrassing. 

11 hours ago, alexava said:

^^^^^^ This is the sole reason he is in the White House. America accepting it and excusing it is embarrassing. 

Only to Trump haters who can't get beyond his idiosyncrasies and look at his accomplishments in his first 500 days in office.

4 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Only to Trump haters who can't get beyond his idiosyncrasies and look at his accomplishments in his first 500 days in office.

He hasn't accomplished anything, except to destroy programs, strategies and relationships we will have to rebuild as soon as he's gone.

And really, being a narcissistic psychopath is fundamental, not an "idiosyncrasy".   He's purposefully dividing America for his own benefit.  He's poison to our society.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Exhibit a

On 6/6/2018 at 1:07 AM, TitanTiger said:

Disappointing that his supporters are so frequently enthused by his ignorance, vindictiveness and pettiness.  

I can see PT has replied a lot.  The standard responses, I assume.

4 hours ago, HVAU said:

Disappointing that his supporters are so frequently enthused by his ignorance, vindictiveness and pettiness.  

I can see PT has replied a lot.  The standard responses, I assume.

Boilerplate stuff.  At this point I think we could write the posts for him.

On 6/6/2018 at 10:12 AM, homersapien said:

He hasn't accomplished anything, except to destroy programs, strategies and relationships we will have to rebuild as soon as he's gone.

And really, being a narcissistic psychopath is fundamental, not an "idiosyncrasy".   He's purposefully dividing America for his own benefit.  He's poison to our society.

To my great delight, Trump has rescinded many of the excessive, extremist rulings that Obama signed. Those things didn't exist before Obama came into office and it's entirely unlikely that the next president will choose to start over with another anti-American campaign. Obama, "The Great Divider", is seeing his and Jarrett's schemes unravel daily.

As for pardoning himself, what a silly question. He has done nothing that needs pardoning. If he makes remarks that poke sticks in the eye of his haters, which group includes the vast majority of the press, what's not to like about that? It's easy fun at the expense of his enemies.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

To my great delight, Trump has rescinded many of the excessive, extremist rulings that Obama signed. Those things didn't exist before Obama came into office and it's entirely unlikely that the next president will choose to start over with another anti-American campaign. Obama, "The Great Divider", is seeing his and Jarrett's schemes unravel daily.

As for pardoning himself, what a silly question. He has done nothing that needs pardoning. If he makes remarks that poke sticks in the eye of his haters, which group includes the vast majority of the press, what's not to like about that? It's easy fun at the expense of his enemies.

Let's have some examples of some of those "excessive, extremist rulings".

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Amen brother!! The haters just stay blind to his accomplishments:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/6/giving-trumps-accomplishments-their-due/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/media-blackout-trumps-60-point-accomplishment-list-of-american-greatness

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Seriously?   :laugh: :lmao:

I think this is my favorite:

• Since taking office, President Trump has strengthened American leadership, security, prosperity, and accountability.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/g7-macron-trump-g6-summit-latest-eu-canada-trudeau-theresa-may-updates-a8389111.html

Macron turns on Trump after US president attacks EU and Canada: 'We don't mind being G6, if needs be’

If ignorance is bliss  you truly do live a "blissful" life.

Blissful-Baby-Pig-Chilling-In-Warm-Water

Trump says things to get gullible people riled up. It is a pathetic thing to do- as is getting riled up every time he does it.

5 hours ago, Grumps said:

Trump says things to get gullible people riled up. It is a pathetic thing to do- as is getting riled up every time he does it.

14 hours ago, Grumps said:

I really don't think that is the purpose behind many comments that come from his administration.  In my opinion, these types of comments are to subtly, or not so subtly, move the goal posts of public perception regarding presidential legalities. 

It is a Trump strategy, one even explored by the grand pooba of the right, Rush Limbaugh, during the campaign.  Essentially, say something extremely bombastic to ratchet up anxiety, and when the real transgression comes to light it won't seem so egregious.

Trump's big deal making philosophy is exhibited in his public relations strategy, and it's no more sophisticated than a haggler in a Mediterranean bazaar.

5 minutes ago, HVAU said:

Trump's big deal making philosophy is exhibited in his public relations strategy, and it's no more sophisticated than a haggler in a Mediterranean bazaar.

Trump's public relations strategy may be unsophisticated, but it is remarkably successful! ( I love your metaphor! I haven't heard that one before!)

51 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Trump's public relations strategy may be unsophisticated, but it is remarkably successful! ( I love your metaphor! I haven't heard that one before!)

I agree that he has had success with it.  The rub always comes when he's required to actually provide content.  That's illustrated in his many failed businesses.  

I personally find the talk big, carry a small stick routine embarrassing.

31 minutes ago, HVAU said:

I agree that he has had success with it.  The rub always comes when he's required to actually provide content.  That's illustrated in his many failed businesses.  

I personally find the talk big, carry a small stick routine embarrassing.

I agree that Trump is often shallow on content. He is far more successful than I am financially, so I can't criticize his business acumen.

Archived