Interview with John O'Neill

Tigermike

TAE: How did the Kerry campaign react when your story gained traction?

O'NEILL: In terms of attacks by the Kerry campaign, I resented deeply the picketing at my own house during my daughter's wedding.

I also resented the attacks on Larry Thurlow, who was the greatest hero we ever had in Vietnam. Only in the New York Times could Kerry be a hero and Thurlow, who saved everyone's life, who stayed and rescued the people in the boat, end up a goat.

They also leaked to the New York Daily News the suicide attempt of one of the peripheral signers of our letter, and a story appeared in the New York Times related to a suicide attempt 15 years before.

The very first ad we filed began with a man named Al French, a very highly decorated Vietnam veteran, who served as a prosecutor in Clackamas County, Oregon. Immediately, 23 different complaints were filed with the state bar of Oregon against Mr. French. In addition, he was fired from his job in Oregon as an assistant prosecutor supposedly on the basis of a ten-year-old complaint that had never been processed by his boss before that time.

Bullets were fired over the phone. My wife was monitoring our phone, and she picks up: "Mr. O'Neill we know where you are." They'd start shooting a gun. "How many babies did you kill?" And then begin firing a gun. "We're going to come and hunt you down." The roaches showed up all right. It was a very hard process for all of us.

http://www.taemag.com/issues/articleID.184...icle_detail.asp

One of the most disturbing aspects of what passes for "conservatism" these days is the penchant for whining about peceived persecution,i.e. any questioning. In this respect, they're worse than 60s liberals.

To their great surprise, the testimony of the Swift Boat veterans was simply ignored by a hostile media establishment. The veterans were tenacious, however, and eventually captured the attention of the alternate media, then finally the nation as a whole. That's when the media elites attacked them with icy ferocity.

GWB is no altar boy, but I would take him any day of the week over skerry.

Kudo's to these guys for doing their best to expose what they KNOW is the true skerry. I am so thankful that that guy didn't win.

Here's a story from my brothers mailmans third cousin.

We live right by Ft. Rucker so many vets live close by. My step brother did some work for a vet who served with kerry in nam. He said it was well known over there that his first two "injuries" were totally bogus in an attempt to get his 3 and go home. I've never served so I'm not going to point a finger about trying to get three and go home. I do have an issue with him trying to make himself out as some sort of war hero when the opposite is true, imo. It serves him so right that it came back to bite him on the a$$.

These guys were just trying to expose what to them was a horrible travesty taking place and it is no surprise that the ultra libbie media attacked them.

Archived