Injuries after Game 1

passthebiscuits

Hate posting new topics, but maybe we can consolidate info here:

Dean still day-to-day with metacarpal fx. May be held out next week.

J Davis with Stinger vs Shoulder contusion. Day-to-day with likely held out next week.

J Stidham with bruised shoulder from lick on the sideline. Sore but ok. Good to go.

Noah I: bruised hand. Good to go.

R. Davis: bruised chest wall/"wind knocked out." Good to go. 

Wde! 

I thought the hit Stidham may have been bad. Glad to hear it wasn’t.  He absolutely has to be smart about things if possible. Cannot lose him. 

10 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I thought the hit Stidham may have been bad. Glad to hear it wasn’t.  He absolutely has to be smart about things if possible. Cannot lose him. 

That's the exact same play that Nick Marshall got injured on. Taking contact near the sidelines to get an extra half yard and leaving his upfield throwing shoulder unprotected to a defensive hit. Not worth it in that particular case. In a championship game for the title, ok.

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

I just hope these guys dont have to be out there much next week. Please, please...no Mercer 2.0.

There is no reason we shouldn't be able to play nearly every player on the team next week. 

1 hour ago, MDM4AU said:

There is no reason we shouldn't be able to play nearly every player on the team next week. 

I can think of a reason, lol.

when i read an injury list like that it reminds me why i try not to pick on the players. and of course there are a bunch of banged up players as well. every single week. it just blows my mind what these players go through. i hope they all get healed up quick.

On 9/2/2018 at 5:13 PM, WFE12 said:

Alright Tutt, Broussard, Iggy, and the rest should hold it down.... Hopefully.

:no::cry3:

On 9/2/2018 at 6:56 PM, MDM4AU said:

Oh, if I had $100 for every time I've made that comment. 

get Stidham some work Saturday, but just enough to keep him sharp. Once we have pounced on them for 28 or more quick points, let WIllis take over the game and if Gatewood is ok, get him some reps as well. As a matter of fact, get all of our eligible QBs some work including Adams. You never know when we might need them.

Get all of the backups a ton of work to keep the rust off and to give them a chance to play. The more game experience for all of our guys cannot hurt and should pay off in big games if they are needed to call on.

On 9/2/2018 at 6:11 PM, passthebiscuits said:

Hate posting new topics, but maybe we can consolidate info here:

Dean still day-to-day with metacarpal fx. May be held out next week.

J Davis with Stinger vs Shoulder contusion. Day-to-day with likely held out next week.

J Stidham with bruised shoulder from lick on the sideline. Sore but ok. Good to go.

Noah I: bruised hand. Good to go.

R. Davis: bruised chest wall/"wind knocked out." Good to go. 

Wde! 

Dean and Davis hopefully will be ready to go for the LSU game. I know LSU lost their best LB for the season. I wonder how many other players they have that might be out for next week.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

get Stidham some work Saturday, but just enough to keep him sharp. Once we have pounced on them for 28 or more quick points, let WIllis take over the game and if Gatewood is ok, get him some reps as well. As a matter of fact, get all of our eligible QBs some work including Adams. You never know when we might need them.

Get all of the backups a ton of work to keep the rust off and to give them a chance to play. The more game experience for all of our guys cannot hurt and should pay off in big games if they are needed to call on.

Unfortunately, I believe Joey Gatewood is still recovering from a thumb injury on his throwing hand.  Correct me if I'm wrong, @passthebiscuits.

4 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Unfortunately, I believe Joey Gatewood is still recovering from a thumb injury on his throwing hand.  Correct me if I'm wrong, @passthebiscuits.

You're correct ptb said it would be more than just a week.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

If, IF, AU up enough in the second half, I would only like to see Malik the rest of the way. He needs the most game reps, but AU has a LOT of things to correct for the first teamers, so they need to stay out until those things are thoroughly worked on, and the game well in hand before we see the next QB.

9 minutes ago, jared52 said:

If, IF, AU up enough in the second half, I would only like to see Malik the rest of the way. He needs the most game reps, but AU has a LOT of things to correct for the first teamers, so they need to stay out until those things are thoroughly worked on, and the game well in hand before we see the next QB.

I wouldn't mind Malik running with the 1's. Let Stidham get some gaudy stats in case he does become a contender for some awards and then put Malik in with the full offensive playbook.

7 hours ago, triangletiger said:

Worse part about Gatewood's injury....he hurt himself screwing around with the jugs machine trying to catch the ball backwards.

2 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Worse part about Gatewood's injury....he hurt himself screwing around with the jugs machine trying to catch the ball backwards.

I blame Grimes...

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:
10 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

I blame Grimes...

I heard it was a play called by Gus.  :beer2:

Archived