Official Kavanaugh hearing thread

NolaAuTiger

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Did not say anything about Nola being a lawyer. He may choose to do something other than law after graduation. Much truth to is statement Brother Homer. 

No you didn't.   I did.

But I certainly didn't mean to imply Nola - or anyone else - cannot do well in life unless they are a lawyer. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

One could believe that something happened to her without believing it was done by Kavanaugh.  

Not in this case.  You either believe the accuser, who is accusing Kavanaugh and only Kavanaugh, or you believe the accused.  Anything else is adding a hypothetical to try and justify something while making yourself seem compassionate.  This is what I whole-heartedly believe Collins did with her statement today.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No you didn't.   I did.

But I certainly didn't mean to imply Nola - or anyone else - cannot do well in life unless they are a lawyer. 

I am going to subpoena your old ass. Get ready to s*** those britches, boy.

12 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I believe in the electoral system. 

Don't get me started on that BS system.  And my stance has nothing to do with Dems or Rs.  It has everything to do with every vote counting equally (which they currently do not in presidential elections).

5 minutes ago, around4ever said:

One could believe that something happened to her without believing it was done by Kavanaugh.  

Only if you want to insult Mrs. Ford and everyone's intelligence.  For everyone who thinks there's scant evidence of Mr. Kavanaugh's guilt, there's even less of Mrs. Ford being too crazy or stupid to know who assaulted her.  Or such a psycho that she knows it was someone else and she's framing Kavanaugh. This wasn't some random stranger at night in the park.  It was at a gathering of people she knew.

Either she didn't get assaulted and you assume she lied, or you believe she was assaulted just as she said.  But this thing where we pretend to believe her and him are both telling the truth is patronizing bull**** designed to minimize pissing off women voters.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Only if you want to insult Mrs. Ford and everyone's intelligence.  For everyone who thinks there's scant evidence of Mr. Kavanaugh's guilt, there's even less of Mrs. Ford being too crazy or stupid to know who assaulted her.  Or such a psycho that she knows it was someone else and she's framing Kavanaugh. This wasn't some random stranger at night in the park.  It was at a gathering of people she knew.

Either she didn't get assaulted and you assume she lied, or you believe she was assaulted just as she said.  But this thing where we pretend to believe her and him are both telling the truth is patronizing bull**** designed to minimize pissing off women voters.

Wow. So this is the logic? 

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Wow. So this is the logic? 

It's logic.  Not THE logic, just garden variety logic.  Literally the least believable version of all this is the version that's being peddled by the GOP right now.  Just say you don't believe her and retain some self respect.  Or say you just don't know who's telling the truth and you need more evidence.  Don't tell me you think the coin is showing heads AND tails at the same time.

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I am going to subpoena your old ass. Get ready to s*** those britches, boy.

You probably would.

Fortunately, I'll probably be long gone before you become a judge.  :tease:

It's logic.  Not THE logic, just garden variety logic.  Literally the least believable version of all this is the version that's being peddled by the GOP right now.  Just say you don't believe her and retain some self respect.  Or say you just don't know who's telling the truth and you need more evidence.  Don't tell me you think the coin is showing heads AND tails at the same time.

Double wow

28 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Maybe not.  But if the Dems flip the House, Trump gets nothing passed for the next two years.  The only danger in not getting the Senate for Dems is if RBG happens to pass before 2020.

Let’s hope that happens before 2020.

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Don't get me started on that BS system.  And my stance has nothing to do with Dems or Rs.  It has everything to do with every vote counting equally (which they currently do not in presidential elections).

So you want New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, etc. to elect every President?  I don't.  

Just now, around4ever said:

So you want New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, etc. to elect every President?  I don't.  

Aren't they part of the country?  :dunno:

13 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Oh, I believe she was a victim.  A victim of a Democratic ploy. 

8 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Let’s hope that happens before 2020.

That may be the douchiest thing I've ever read on here.  You're hoping someone dies?  Seriously?

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Aren't they part of the country?  :dunno:

Yes.  A small percentage geographically but a large percentage of the population.  Each city has more voters than many states.  That's why the EC is needed. 

Just say you don't believe her and retain some self respect.  Or say you just don't know who's telling the truth and you need more evidence

Agree Titan. This " I believe she was by assaulted someone". Hard for me to understand.

I do believe the lady has problems with external influence regarding this fiasco. 

8 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I want my vote to count just as much as someone in Wyoming's.  I pay taxes too (probably more than most).  It's not right that voters in some states have more voting power just because of where they live thanks to the electoral college.  I believe in the power of 1 person, 1 vote and that they all have equal weight.

Just now, around4ever said:

Yes.  A small percentage geographically but a large percentage of the population.  Each city has more voters than many states.  That's why the EC is needed. 

Not following the logic there.

I sounds like you believe citizens in cities don't have equal rights to citizens living outside cities. 

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I want my vote to count just as much as someone in Wyoming's.  I pay taxes too (probably more than most).  It's not right that voters in some states have more voting power just because of where they live thanks to the electoral college.  I believe in the power of 1 person, 1 vote and that they all have equal weight.

Then you want to do away with the US Senate?

Archived