Official Kavanaugh hearing thread

NolaAuTiger

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Should be an interesting day. I’ll be able to catch the first hour and a half, and two hours this afternoon.

Oh my.....I'd rather have a root canal that watch that circus. 

I'll just back later in the afternoon to see what Homey has to say about it and draw my conclusions from that....

I was gonna say  "have a good day" but it you are going to watch any of the circus, that's really going to be a challenge. :)

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Wow, Rachel’s questions already poking holes. Very similar to witness impeachment.

You must be ahead of me.  I've seen nothing that could be characterized that way so far.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You must be ahead of me.  I've seen nothing that could be characterized that way so far.

Well I deleted it as soon as she got cut off (that was kind of awkward!). But basically it’s a tactic used to strike testimony because of inconsistencies. It wasn’t character impeachment, but reminded me of impeachment by “previous inconsistent statements”. It doesn’t strike entire testimony, just the inconsistent portions. It’s a very useful tool.

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

These are terms she agreed to/set. Aren’t they? The examiner is a former prosecutor. Going back to what I said to @TitanTiger, I think she will use certain tactics on both parties. She’s neutral, right? Or am I utterly confused on that?

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

These are terms she agreed to/set. Aren’t they? The examiner is a former prosecutor. Going back to what I said to @TitanTiger, I think she will use certain tactics on both parties. She’s neutral, right? Or am I utterly confused on that?

I think what they're saying is that it's a stupid format.  This thing of bouncing between the prosecutor for five minutes, and another senator on the Democratic side for 5 minutes is disjointed and weird.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I think what they're saying is that it's a stupid format.  This thing of bouncing between the prosecutor for five minutes, and another senator on the Democratic side for 5 minutes is disjointed and weird.

Court of law much more uniform ?

9 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Meh. Still getting wheels off the ground.

She's a good witness. 

The Democrats are mostly using their time to give speeches rather than answer questions.  That might be ok for now as they wait to see what direction the Republicans go in with their questions, but it can't be the way they use their time the entire hearing.

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The Democrats are mostly using their time to give speeches rather than answer questions.  That might be ok for now as they wait to see what direction the Republicans go in with their questions, but it can't be the way they use their time the entire hearing.

Actually Leahy asked a question that provided the most devastating response of the hearing.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Actually Leahy asked a question that provided the most devastating response of the hearing.

True.  It was a good question.  I was just noticing how much talking people are doing as opposed to asking things.

She dropped Judge's employment at Safeway as a hint on timeframe. Why isn't he there again?

What is the deal with the questions on her mode of travel and fear of flying?  Is the prosecutor under the impression that people who have a fear of flying therefore never fly?  Is a fear of flying an absolute thing where if you have it, you never set foot on a plane?

I have a fear of flying.  I literally pray under my breath during every takeoff and landing.  I had a colleague at my previous job who was worse than I was and asked to sit next to me so I could talk to her and distract her with conversation during takeoff and landing, which incidentally helped me at the same time.  But I still flew on airplanes because sometimes it's just the only way that makes sense to go somewhere.

I just don't get the significance.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

True.  It was a good question.  I was just noticing how much talking people are doing as opposed to asking things.

Based on my experience watching these sort of hearings, that's not really atypical of either side given the circumstance.

She's afraid to fly but yet she flies everywhere for vacations and everything else, she's DR. Ford but she doesn't know how to contact her congressman. Yeah so far I'm buying everything she is selling NOT. Just another smear effort of a good man by the Democrats.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

I missed it.  I'll see if I can find it, but would appreciate a quick re-cap

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I missed it.  I'll see if I can find it, but would appreciate a quick re-cap

What she remembers most clearly— she— the uproarious laughter by them as they did this.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

What she remembers most clearly— she— the uproarious laughter by them as they did this.

But can’t remember when she took the poly this past summer, which happened the day of or the day after her grandmothers funeral???

Archived