Official Kavanaugh hearing thread

NolaAuTiger

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Um, it’s kind of important 

Who disputed it was important? I said they’re overstating what the witnesses said. Again using the words “explicitly refuted” which is patently false. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

What Cruz said was more egregious than what Kavanaugh said, I think. 

Right. That’s who I think I’m referencing. I’m at a school event right now and can only listen. 

1 hour ago, shabby said:

the most concerning thing to me is we now have a supreme court nominee engaging and promoting conspiracy theories. the arbitrator of truth promoting a conspiracy theory that I'm sure even he doesn't belief. 

Kind of hard to imagine he could be impartial in a society that's already Manichaean,  huh?

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Who disputed it was important? I said they’re overstating what the witnesses said. Again using the words “explicitly refuted” which is patently false. 

No one disputed it. But you seem to baffled be by it. I’m helping you.

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

No one disputed it. But you seem to baffled be by it. I’m helping you.

You aren’t helping yourself, much less me. I’m not baffled that they reference the witnesses. I’m stunned that they exaggerate what the witnesses actually said. 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

No matter who you believe more, it’s insanity to move forward with the vote tomorrow. 

So much this 

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Whatever that means. Ha!

Of course you didn’t like what he said. I did. You’ve known my position on this. There’s nothing to bicker about

It was pure theatrics, with the added incentive of cutting off their prosecutor so they could start apologizing profusely and lobbing softballs.

Don’t fall for it. 

The GOP is in too deep. I think confirmation is more likely than not. It will be a disaster. 

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It was pure theatrics, with the added incentive of cutting off their prosecutor so they could start apologizing profusely and lobbing softballs.

Don’t fall for it. 

GOP is united and fired up. I think BK gets through. 

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

GOP is united and fired up. I think BK gets through. 

And it will be a disaster. You will have the most unpopular guy ever on the court, and half the country will think he's illegitimate in a way they never thought of Gorsuch. Every decision will be a lightning rod.  Then the Ds will likely open a real investigation and s*** will hit the fan. It’s an abject catastrophe waiting to happen. 

The dems have more than enough to make commercials, cut footage of the most powerful parts if Ford's testimony, then play the clip of him being snippy to Klobuchar.

Fish in a barrel.

I keep thinking this could have been handled so differently, internally and confidentially. Who is to blame for that?

9 minutes ago, AUDub said:

And it will be a disaster. You will have the most unpopular guy ever on the court, and half the country will think he's illegitimate in a way they never thought of Gorsuch. Every decision will be a lightning rod.  Then the Ds will likely open a real investigation and s*** will hit the fan. It’s an abject catastrophe waiting to happen. 

The dems have more than enough to make commercials, cut footage of the most powerful parts if Ford's testimony, then play the clip of him being snippy to Klobuchar.

Fish in a barrel.

The American people see how despicable democrats truly are. They don’t give a s*** about Ford, an FBI investigation, or the truth. Their actions have proved it. They want a delay and it’s clear as day to anyone with a brain. 

If BK is  “illegitimate”, then damnit go sue him in court. There’s no statute of limitations for this in Maryland. Reasonable Americans can see straight through this

36 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No matter who you believe more, it’s insanity to move forward with the vote tomorrow. 

If I was in charge I wouldn't wait until tomorrow, I would hold a vote tonight and get it over with. We all know he is going to be confirmed now.

Just now, kd4au said:

If I was in charge I wouldn't wait until tomorrow, I would hold a vote tonight and get it over with. We all know he is going to be confirmed now.

I would not bet on that.

9 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

The American people see how despicable democrats truly are. They don’t give a s*** about Ford, an FBI investigation, or the truth. Their actions have proved it. They want a delay and it’s clear as day to anyone with a brain. 

If BK is  “illegitimate”, then damnit go sue him in court. There’s no statute of limitations for this in Maryland. Reasonable Americans can see straight through this

You really have no idea how much ammo this will give the left. 

Archived