Official Kavanaugh hearing thread

NolaAuTiger

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You literally just made me laugh, like in real life 

That’s because you are a fool. Please condense that attitude and mainline it into my veins. 

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Keep it coming

All I can say is, if they confirm, you will see. 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Let’s make it a bet. 

I honestly don't think people in the conservative bubble realize how angry folks are really getting.  You can almost feel the pressure in the very atmosphere.

11 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I honestly don't think people in the conservative bubble realize how angry folks are really getting.  You can almost feel the pressure in the very atmosphere.

I think the anger crosses party lines. 

6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I think the anger crosses party lines. 

It shifts, and the angrier side can easily dictate votes. I could easily seen this ending stupidly, like impeachment for BK or packing the court. 

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

I would say looks very uncomfortable speaking about his drinking in the experimental days. He did admit that he continues to "embrace beer" I like the man.

Watched this all day. Kavanaugh talked me grabbing a beer.

Me too.

I made it a "Torpedo" pale ale,  just out of homage. ;D

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Me too.

I made it a "Torpedo" pale ale,  just out of homage. ;D

SN for the win. 

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I am not that confident. Ford was about what I expected. Selective memory but  believable to those who choose. 

She deserves a lot of credit, stepping into the lion’s den like she did. 

47 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

The American people see how despicable democrats truly are. They don’t give a s*** about Ford, an FBI investigation, or the truth. Their actions have proved it. They want a delay and it’s clear as day to anyone with a brain

If BK is  “illegitimate”, then damnit go sue him in court. There’s no statute of limitations for this in Maryland. Reasonable Americans can see straight through this

BTW, that fails the rationality test.  

(In case you were interested.) 

A few questions for fans/defenders of Kavanaugh's showing today:

1. Kavanaugh admits he drank quite a bit in high school and college. He further admits that his yearbook reference to “Beach Week Ralph Club” was a reference to vomiting. However, he claims this merely meant only that he had a weak stomach.

So…his weak stomach acted up particularly during “Beach Week”? And there was a “club” of such people, all with weak stomachs acting up during “Beach Week”?

2. No fewer than three of the conceits in Kavanaugh’s yearbook entry — “boofing,” “Devil’s Triangle” and “FFFFFFF” (the 7 F’s) — correspond to sexual or crude slang terms, the definitions of which are discussed in many news stories and which appear as such in Urban Dictionary.

Kavanaugh claims that all three terms had innocent meanings. That seems plausible concerning “Devil’s Triangle,” but “boofing” and the 7 F’s seems … an implausible convergence of coincidences, especially given the weaknesses of Kavanaugh’s interpretations. To wit:

2a. He claims that the word “boofed” in “Judge — Have You Boofed Yet?” meant passing gas rather than (as seems more probable to me) a certain sex act (one of two definitions ). (You can Google news stories or Urban Dictionary for reasons why the term would have this meaning and is sometimes used this way.)

Which is a more likely mock-judged high-school event: “Have you passed gas yet?” or “Have you engaged in a certain sex act yet?”

N.b. Note the “Yet.” This isn’t like being at a party where an unpleasant odor raises the question “Who cut the cheese?” The question is “Have You Boofed *Yet*?” How does that make sense if the reference is flatulence?

2b. He claims that the 7 F’s in “I Survived the FFFFFFFourth of July” were a reference to a friend who stuttered when he said the “F” word rather than (as seems more probable to me) a reference to what Urban Dictionary calls “the 7 F’s” (again, news stories will explain).

First of all, this doesn’t explain the “I survived“ business, which suggests a macho ordeal.

Second, who represents stuttering with all caps? “Fffffoourth of July” I could believe, but “FFFFFFFourth” looks like an acronym — an acronym that just happens to exist.

2c. Finally, “Devil’s Triangle.” Is it possible that it meant a drinking game, as Kavanaugh has alleged? Yes. This is not inherently improbable. But the converge of all three, like I said, seems a bit much.

3. He admits that Renate was a Catholic schoolgirl he and his friends knew in those days, but claims that “Renate Alumnius [sic]” meant they were only friends of Renate. “Alumnus” means “graduate from” (or “former student at”). Kavanaugh and his friends had lots of friends. Does Kavanaugh’s explanation make sense to you? Really?"

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Give her credit if want to Ben. I believe Kavanaugh. 

Least surprising thing of the day.

His casual lies about his drinking and the yearbook , argh. Just own up to it, man. 

For those who wish to do so, go to UrbanDictionary.com and search the term "7 F's" and "boof."  And then pair that with the nonsensical explanation about Renate.

You be the judge as to whether his explanations of those terms in his yearbook are believable.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

For those who wish to do so, go to UrbanDictionary.com and search the term "7 F's" and "boof."  And then pair that with the nonsensical explanation about Renate.

You be the judge as to whether his explanations of those terms in his yearbook are believable.

Devil’s Triangle too. Argh 

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Devil’s Triangle too. Argh 

From Twitter:

@basebalmom4life: Someone edited the Wikipedia entry for “Devils Triangle” to include a drinking game an hour ago. The person who edited? Their IP address is linked to a Republican in the House of Representatives #KavanaughHearings

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

From Twitter:

@basebalmom4life: Someone edited the Wikipedia entry for “Devils Triangle” to include a drinking game an hour ago. The person who edited? Their IP address is linked to a Republican in the House of Representatives #KavanaughHearings

Rs are complicit. With the Ds had asked about Whelan too. 

It’s a threesome reference. Has been as long as I can remember. 

Archived