Official Kavanaugh hearing thread

NolaAuTiger

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TitanTiger said:

He's been coached not to definitely say he's willing to have an FBI investigation.

And Durbin raked him over the coals. 

Graham ?

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

Graham ?

Turnabout is fair play. Ds pontificate, so can the Rs. 

Graham, come on.  This is getting unprofessional.

professional ?.   ...that ship sailed years ago..... back in the Bork days....

Just now, AUDub said:

Turnabout is fair play. Ds pontificate, so can the Rs. 

One thing in all that stuff he grandstaded about that seemed to be an actual valid point, sexually assaulting women for two years and stopping. Sexual offenders usually don’t stop until their dead. That’s an interesting point in that whole speech. 

"Weak stomach?"  Good Lord, man.

Just fess up - you frequently drank enough to blow chunks.  It by itself doesn't mean the allegations are true, but "I have a weak stomach" isn't an answer.

"Weak stomach?"  Good Lord, man.

Just fess up - you frequently drank enough to blow chunks.  It by itself doesn't mean the allegations are true, but "I have a weak stomach" isn't an answer.

Yep. Tap-dancing around that

Just now, aubearcat said:

One thing in all that stuff he grandstaded about that seemed to be an actual valid point, sexually assaulting women for two years and stopping. Sexual offenders usually don’t stop until their dead. That’s an interesting point in that whole speech. 

True, but I think it more applies to predators, not guys who just think they're getting it on with slutty girls who really want it.  Goes to my contention of what attitudes were back then about party girls and informed consent when it comes to being too drunk to do so.

8 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

That's a good example of countering an argument that hasn't been made (as far as I know).

Disingenuous tactic.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

That's a good example of countering an argument that hasn't been made (as far as I know).

Disingenuous tactic.

True enough, however, it would seem odd that if he were a heavy drinker and womanizer that it wouldn’t have abruptly stopped. 

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Can someone tell me what the FBI can do with this investigation? 

On 9/19/2018 at 7:31 PM, AUDub said:

I mean, it’s the FBI. They would bring a lot of tools to an investigation of this alleged incident, including skilled agents with experience interviewing sex crime victims and reluctant witnesses.  And the bureau would be happy to investigate, but it can only do so if the White House asks.

He hemmed up Klobuchar at the end. 

6 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

True enough, however, it would seem odd that if he were a heavy drinker and womanizer that it wouldn’t have abruptly stopped. 

Not necessarily regarding the drinking (assuming he actually stopped after two years).  But no one has suggested he was a serial rapist as Graham implied.

Just now, homersapien said:

Not necessarily on the drinking and no one has suggested he was a serial rapist as Graham implied.

Graham's referencing the Swetnick allegation. 

Archived