Official Kavanaugh hearing thread

NolaAuTiger

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Not necessarily on the drinking and no one has suggested he was a serial rapist as Graham implied.

No not a serial rapist, but, sexual addiction has the same effect on the brain as a crack addiction.  It would seem that he would have some events later in life that mirrored the earlier situations. 

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

OK, I haven't paid much attention to that.  Has it come up in the hearing?

Not in detail. 

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

No not a serial rapist, but, sexual addiction has the same effect on the brain as a crack addiction.  It would seem that he would have some events later in life that mirrored the earlier situations. 

Not to be argumentative ;), but what happened to Ford, by itself, doesn't indicate sexual addiction by the perpetrator. 

But I get your point.

Just now, homersapien said:

What happened to Ford by itself doesn't indicate sexual addiction.

I suppose but combined with the other allegations it would indicate at least an indication of an abnormality. 

the most concerning thing to me is we now have a supreme court nominee engaging and promoting conspiracy theories. the arbitrator of truth promoting a conspiracy theory that I'm sure even he doesn't belief. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Complete non-sequitur.  Had nothing to do with my post. 

And actually, it didn't even "make" (literally) a point at all. It wasn't even a sentence.  It was a phrase tied to my post in an implication but with no actual relevance.

So while you can always say so, it was certainly not an "excellent point".  :-\

You cannot be reasoned with.

I've read most of the thread, but didn't get to watch the hearings.  At this point people's existing biases will most likely keep people hunkered down on their chosen position.

For those that watched, does Kavanaugh in this hearing strike you as an appropriate Supreme Court candidate?

Just now, HVAU said:

I've read most of the thread, but didn't get to watch the hearings.  At this point people's existing biases will most likely keep people hunkered down on their chosen position.

For those that watched, does Kavanaugh in this hearing strike you as an appropriate Supreme Court candidate?

He's still testifying, but as of now, no.

He's clearly still lying in parts of his testimony. Yank him and put forward Barrett. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

He's still testifying, but as of now, no.

He's clearly still lying in parts of his testimony. Yank him and put forward Barrett. 

What do you think he is still lying about? 

Just now, AuMarine said:

What do you think he is still lying about? 

He's tap-dancing around his drinking habits, and lying about the yearbook, according to a tweet I linked above. 

It's hard to take anything he says seriously if he can't simply come clean on those. 

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

These guys liked to drink. He's admitted that. They were in high school and like most high schooler's probably couldn't handle their liquor and/or had no conception of what their reasonable limits were. I think it's almost assuredly a lie that he didn't drink to the point of blacking out. 

Drink “beer” to the point of blacking out. 

Sorry couldn’t resist.

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Drink “beer” to the point of blacking out. 

Sorry couldn’t resist.

You should try some.of the beers in my fridge. Enough of those will kill you. 

Archived