Who would replace Malzahn (merged threads again)

tigerbrotha12

Coaches  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Which coach would you like to see at AU next?

• Bob Stoops
    • James Franklin
    • Mario Cristobal
    • Brett Venables
    • Hugh Freeze
    • Art Briles
    • Kevin Steele
    • Lane Kiffin
    • Bill Clark
    • Other (Specify in comments)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We need a culture change desperately fron the last 2 coaches who were just nice dudes who got walked on over by the players and administration. We need a culture change. Lets hire the best coach who is also a a$$hole. Who that is? IDK. I do know Jeff Brohm is freaking nuts and is Sean McVay compared to Gus when it comes to running a successful passing offense.

How about a hybrid of Saban, Mike Leach and Mike Gundy?

2 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

I was not familiar with Seth Littrell until reading the article. I am not advocating him, but has a good background with results. Sexton is his agent. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/north-texas-is-making-headlines-and-seth-littrell-may-be-headed-down-tom-hermans-path/

He has as many SEC wins as Gus does this year.

don't even know why Bob Stoops, Franklin, and Cristobal are even on this list. Stoops can probably go back to OU whenever he wants. Franklin and Cristobal aren't leaving their schools. both those jobs are much more appealing than Auburn is right now.

I wouldn't mind giving Mike Gundy a shot. Or Dana Holgerson at this point would be an upgrade. Stidham would kill in either guys' offense.

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

I wouldn't mind giving Mike Gundy a shot. Or Dana Holgerson at this point would be an upgrade. Stidham would kill in either guys' offense.

They both have that alpha mentality and swagger this program desperately needs. Them 2 and Kiffin I would be more than fine with among others.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:
11 minutes ago, Tiger said:

They both have that alpha mentality and swagger this program desperately needs. Them 2 and Kiffin I would be more than fine with among others.

Plus, Mike Gundy's a MAN!  

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I hear ya Kiffin just seems a bit too reckless for me. I love listening to his interviews and how he is always needling other teams like a young Spurrier but I just have a feeling he would steer us towards some sort of trouble. Maybe I'm letting his past transgressions cloud my current day judgement but the idea of Kiffin would be fun but something makes me uneasy about it 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I kinda know his ceiling already plus his staff is incredibly bad at recruiting. How well will he recruit flterritories that are foreign to him? Besides, he already has three losses this year to the likes of Iowa State, Kansas State, and Texas Tech.

Find me a young stud. Maybe Kingsbury. 

Bob Stoops - Won't happen.

James Franklin - Won't happen.

Mario Cristobal - Interesting. I would prefer to wait a year until we see if this year is a fluke or real.

Brett Venables - Interesting. I would support.

Hugh Freeze - As an OC yes, as an HC no.

Art Briles - As an OC yes, as an HC no.

Kevin Steele - As a DC yes, as an HC no.

Lane Kiffin - No.

Bill Clark - Interesting. I would support.

Other -Mike Norvell, John Grass, Scott Satterfield, Dave Aranda.

I am thinking we have to look at an established FCS or Group of 5 head coach. The only exceptions I would make to that are Venables  and Aranda.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I hear ya Kiffin just seems a bit too reckless for me. I love listening to his interviews and how he is always needling other teams like a young Spurrier but I just have a feeling he would steer us towards some sort of trouble. Maybe I'm letting his past transgressions cloud my current day judgement but the idea of Kiffin would be fun but something makes me uneasy about it 

I know the uneasiness that you’re feeling. I just wonder if he is mature enough to have a five year plan. He hasn’t done anything terrible at FAU, but he still posts cryptic tweets trolling other fan bases and what not. I’d like for that side to disappear as well. He can bring back the pool parties like he did at USC though.  

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I think Kiffin is our best bet when it comes to actually getting a offensive genius AND a guy who would bring that fire and alpha intensity this program so desperately needs. The thing that stands out about most about Kiffin and seperates him from dana and gundy is he is a ELITE recruiter. He would kill it on the trail. IDK if those guys can. He is the most well rounded out of these candidates and he is our best bet to go against the powerhouses that are kirby and saban on the trail. Him and Kendal Briles assuming he would bring him to AU and snag him back from houston would be hellish on the trail. Just imagine Bo Nix with those 2 grooming him. Dana or Gundy as well. We know he would not be wasted like with Gustav. I am not worried about getting in trouble with the NCAA. I mean we NEED a guy like Kiffin who is one of our best bets to be our Pearl for football. A guy who will come very close to that line and skirt it but not go over. Operate in the grey area. I rather have a guy like that than gus who is just way to clean for recruiting honestly. And can it get any worse than it is now? Having all this talent and gus wasting it? That is worse than just having little talent and being so bad! lol.

No Lane Kiffin period. The guy is a moron and his USC teams sucked his last year and half there.

Any of these guys would be fine with me.

Jeff Brohm-Purdue
Seth Littrell-North Texas
Scott Satterfield-App. St.
Lance Leipold-Buffalo (Went 109-6 at Wisconsin-Whitewater and 6 Nat'l Championships. He's off to a 6-1 start this year at Buffalo)
Jeff Monken-Army (Only if he could talk his cousin Todd Monken into being the OC)
Dave Aranda-LSU DC

27 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

you lane kiffin people can't be serious. can't be.

do yall know anything about him pre bama OC?

I do and I honestly do not really care. I think he is going to shine at the next big job he gets. And he will get one. 

45 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

you lane kiffin people can't be serious. can't be.

do yall know anything about him pre bama OC?

I understand the caution. But of all the coaches listed, and there is some mighty fine ones, how many have two national champ rings in the past five years? The man learned from the best. Look what Kirby did in one year. Just think, Lane beating Saban in his own backyard while being the Head Coach at Auburn. That's got to make you feel a little warm inside.

46 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Shane Beamer or Josh Heuple

I really respect your opinion but just curious on why Josh Heupel? First year head coach with a QB who imo should win the Heisman and is winning with Frosts players. I need to see more. I def am having flashbacks to gus only being a college head coach 1 year and then us hiring him! haha.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I really respect your opinion but just curious on why Josh Heupel? First year head coach with a QB who imo should win the Heisman and is winning with Frosts players. I need to see more. I def am having flashbacks to gus only being a college head coach 1 year and then us hiring him! haha.

He's just on the interview list. My two wants are Shane Beamer or Cale Gundy

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Appreciate that. Thanks for clearing up.

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Beamer certainly has a well rounded resume.

22 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Beamer certainly has a well rounded resume.

He's my number 1...if Bob Stoops turned it down

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He's my number 1...if Bob Stoops turned it down

I'm mixed on Bob Stoops.  He did quit afterall.  Some say it was medical....I have no idea but it's a dubious decision otherwise.

With that said, as much as he railed against the SEC (and actually performed quite well against the SEC) I can see him being interested in that challenge and maybe even coming in with a chip on his shoulder.

I'd want him to leave Mike Stoops at home though....

After reading his bio, I agree, Beamer is VERY intriguing!

Archived