Chances of a new Offensive Game Plan

ALTiger

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

If we hold TAMU under 7 points we will most certainly win. AU will be up 7-0 to begin the game if they are on offense first, bank it. After that, who knows....

One thing Gus does well is write the opening drive scripts. He's Shakespearean when it comes to those.

But he's whoever wrote "Human Centipede" when it comes to having to call plays inside the 25 second playclock

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

One thing Gus does well is write the opening drive scripts. He's Shakespearean when it comes to those.

But he's whoever wrote "Human Centipede" when it comes to having to call plays inside the 25 second playclock

eww...

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

eww...

So I'm *not* supposed to make a joke about a sh** sandwich right now, right? Cool. Got it. I won't say anything about a sh** sandwich. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Top 3 worst movie of all time. 

Just the trailer was enough for me.... Wow!

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Just the trailer was enough for me.... Wow!

I watched about 40% of it before I tapped out. I hadn't ever heard of it and my friend told me nothing about it other than it had a cult following. Couldn't stomach any more of that. I was floored when I heard there was a sequel. How the hell does that finance pitch meeting even go?

"Hear me out, we've got this idea for a movie where a guy sews 3 people @$$ to mouth as a torturous experiment" How is that not answered with a calm, yet firm, "Get out of my office."?????

Annnnnnd just found out it doesn't stop there. It's a damned trilogy!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I watched about 40% of it before I tapped out. I hadn't ever heard of it and my friend told me nothing about it other than it had a cult following. Couldn't stomach any more of that. I was floored when I heard there was a sequel. How the hell does that finance pitch meeting even go?

"Hear me out, we've got this idea for a movie where a guy sews 3 people @$$ to mouth as a torturous experiment" How is that not answered with a calm, yet firm, "Get out of my office."?????

All I can say is O......M.......G.....

I heard of the first one, decided to YouTube the trailer, said the aforementioned "eww" and never looked back.

12 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I heard of the first one, decided to YouTube the trailer, said the aforementioned "eww" and never looked back.

I'm jealous.

27 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

14 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'm jealous.

The really gross thing is that you guys could very well be having a totally on topic conversation about the offensive game plan. Hey o!

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The really gross thing is that you guys could very well be having a totally on topic conversation about the offensive game plan. Hey o!

:rimshot:

What would you say if we came out with Willis starting, we ran the read option with Asa in the backfield and Schwartz on the speed sweeps, and we coasted down the field to multiple touchdowns?

28 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

What would you say if we came out with Willis starting, we ran the read option with Asa in the backfield and Schwartz on the speed sweeps, and we coasted down the field to multiple touchdowns?

I'd say "WHERE IN HADES HAS THAT BEEN THE LAST 5 YEARS?!?!?"

But I still wouldn't trust Gus to keep it up moving forward.  He'd have to show an entire season of "finally figuring it out" before I trust him again.

I thought he figured it out last November too....

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

...When approaching investors prior to filming, Six did not mention the mouth-to-anus aspect of the plot, fearing it would put off potential backers. The financiers of The Human Centipede did not discover the full nature of the film until it was complete.  (Six should change his name to Sick as in what sick individual thinks crap like this up)

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Random thought:

Why was the offense so bad in 2011? What would Gus had done different if he had “full offensive control”?

Much like we talk about rumors and insiders now, the talk then was Malzahn wanted to open up the passing game a bit with Trotter and that Chizik handcuffed him. 

14 hours ago, cole256 said:

With that logic couldn't any team that's performing poorly say these things? Couldn't every bad NFL say this as well?  This is not combative btw, I'm really asking

No, "any" team that's performing poorly isn't just a few plays away from an outstanding season. This Auburn team is just those few plays away.

13 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Random thought:

Why was the offense so bad in 2011? What would Gus had done different if he had “full offensive control”?

12 hours ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Much like we talk about rumors and insiders now, the talk then was Malzahn wanted to open up the passing game a bit with Trotter and that Chizik handcuffed him. 

Looking back with 20/20 vision, Cam just left and we had three QBs (two of which were Gus’ guys) and as we know now, Auburn didn’t have a SEC QB on the roster.  Gus’ evaluating and development of QBs showed and everybody seemed to blame Chick. During the season, Gus used all three QBs as starters. Trotter was the starter from day one, but was replaced by (IIRC) Kiehl Frazier in the Arky game. That game killed any confidence KF had in his abilities.  I think Clint Moseley started the LSU game and he didn’t stand a chance.

We muddled through the season as opposing defenses knew we didn’t have a passing attack. Even with Dyer and McCalebb we couldn’t have a sustained running attack against good defenses.  We held our own against teams with no defense, but were blown out by good teams (LSU UGA Arky and Bama).  We did win the bowl game, but Gus started Clint Moseley. He got hurt and Trotter came in and pulled the game out with a good performance.  Gus’ parting words at the end of the game when asked who the starting QB would be next year; “Kiehl Frazier, no doubt”.  Gus was still the QB guru then.

A foreshadowing of what was to come for Auburn, but no one was paying attention.  We even finished 8-5 that season.  JMO.

Maybe we will try something unique if a play works we will run it again. Sometimes we might do something like Miss. State if a play works we repeat it over and over until D proves they can stop it more than once. Nuts what am I thinking Gus is in charge.

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Looking back with 20/20 vision, Cam just left and we had three QBs (two of which were Gus’ guys) and as we know now, Auburn didn’t have a SEC QB on the roster.  Gus’ evaluating and development of QBs showed and everybody seemed to blame Chick. During the season, Gus used all three QBs as starters. Trotter was the starter from day one, but was replaced by (IIRC) Kiehl Frazier in the Arky game. That game killed any confidence KF had in his abilities.  I think Clint Moseley started the LSU game and he didn’t stand a chance.

We muddled through the season as opposing defenses knew we didn’t have a passing attack. Even with Dyer and McCalebb we couldn’t have a sustained running attack against good defenses.  We held our own against teams with no defense, but were blown out by good teams (LSU UGA Arky and Bama).  We did win the bowl game, but Gus started Clint Moseley. He got hurt and Trotter came in and pulled the game out with a good performance.  Gus’ parting words at the end of the game when asked who the starting QB would be next year; “Kiehl Frazier, no doubt”.  Gus was still the QB guru then.

A foreshadowing of what was to come for Auburn, but no one was paying attention.  We even finished 8-5 that season.  JMO.

Gus winged Frazier into playing by having him line up in shutgun, take a snap, find a running lane... Frazier progressed into a guy who took a snap and watched the rush....

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

Gus winged Frazier into playing by having him line up in shutgun, take a snap, find a running lane... Frazier progressed into a guy who took a snap and watched the rush....

I felt sorry for the guy, not sure if he was miss evaluated, played too early or the coaching change that got him.  Could be a combination of all three.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:42 PM, CR said:

So we're gonna scapegoat Chip and Horton like Lashlee was done? Gus hand picked this entire offensive staff and it is a disaster. Why would AU let him fire and hire another staff? And no OC with a future in coaching will touch Gus after seeing how Lashlee and Chip were treated.

"Treated"......come on...guys making more than a half million a year.   Scapegoat? .....the coaches who are directly responsible for development of the players on their side of the ball?  .  Folks wanting Gus to be a CEO type coach......so who is supposed to be teaching these young guys the game?  ......y'all need to get your stories straight. JMO

As for Lash....I liked the guy but he's yet to show he is a real Div 1 OC....was here too long and Gus's failure was keeping him too long.  JMO but about the biggest mistake a coach (or a manager) can make is not knowing when it's time to make a change.   

16 minutes ago, AU64 said:

biggest mistake a coach (or a manager) can make is not knowing when it's time to make a change.   

You might wanna re-read that last sentence and think about it😁

26 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

You might wanna re-read that last sentence and think about it😁

The sad thing...he probably doesn’t understand the irony of such a statement. 

Archived