Limit the missed tackles

tigerman1186

There is no doubt that tomorrow's game is going to be tough....BUT for us to have a fighting chance we MUST limit our # of miss tackles...it seems our tackling has fallen off the last few weeks.....we MUST protect Jarrett when we have a pass play called....we MUST be able to run for at least 100 yards, and.....we MUST score TD's when we enter the 'red' zone....maybe this is a reach, but it is something we all felt we could do when the season opened...

WDE!!!

15 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

There is no doubt that tomorrow's game is going to be tough....BUT for us to have a fighting chance we MUST limit our # of miss tackles...it seems our tackling has fallen off the last few weeks.....we MUST protect Jarrett when we have a pass play called....we MUST be able to run for at least 100 yards, and.....we MUST score TD's when we enter the 'red' zone....maybe this is a reach, but it is something we all felt we could do when the season opened...

WDE!!!

Last week I noticed a few times where our Dbs were trying to blow people up vs making the tackle . We can beat ga if we make routine plays . 

On 11/9/2018 at 10:41 PM, tigerman1186 said:

WDE!!!

Gotta give you credit for identifying a growing trend this season

So many flailing arms on that long Swift TD run. Fundamentals broke down over the course of the game. Defense on the field nearly 40 minutes. Again.

2 hours ago, The Six said:

So many flailing arms on that long Swift TD run. Fundamentals broke down over the course of the game. Defense on the field nearly 40 minutes. Again.

I thought we wanted "Air Raid".  We got air raid and that's what it gets you in the SEC

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I thought we wanted "Air Raid".  We got air raid and that's what it gets you in the SEC

Three and outs and failed 3rd Down conversions will strand a defense whether you run the triple option, the spread, the power mixer, or the lawn mower. 

The defense could have done something about getting themselves off the field every now and then, too.

Just now, The Six said:

Three and outs and failed 3rd Down conversions will strand a defense whether you run the triple option, the spread, the power mixer, or the lawn mower. 

The defense could have done something about getting themselves off the field every now and then, too.

Did they even punt?  Yeah I think so at least once they downed it at the 1.  

11 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Did they even punt?  Yeah I think so at least once they downed it at the 1.  

Twice, to open the second half I believe.

32 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I don’t understand what the missed tackles have to do with Air raid? 

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

The comments about the D being on the field for 40 minutes

We are 124th in the country in TOP. Yesterday wasn't an aberration. So, let's not pretend this was a "be careful what you wish for" kind of scenario. What we got was more of the same.

45 minutes ago, corchjay said:

What’s that old coaches saying: “if you start listening to the fans in the stands, you’ll end up in the stands yourself” or something like that?  Hmmmm.

Not sure 25 passes within 5 yds of the LoS counts as Air Raid.  Maybe "Screen Door"...

13 minutes ago, corchjay said:

The comments about the D being on the field for 40 minutes

Well the “air raid” had nothing to do with the performance of the defense, especially the first half. Anyone that thinks that does not know what they are talking about.

The defense is just not very good. It was obvious in the LSU, MSU, and TN games. It was obvious last night when time and again they would give up 3rd downs and had to stay on the field. Heck the AU offense was actually moving the ball last night in the first half for once (because of the air raid) which gave the d time to rest. It did not matter. 

Team loss. 

29 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

We are 124th in the country in TOP. Yesterday wasn't an aberration. So, let's not pretend this was a "be careful what you wish for" kind of scenario. What we got was more of the same.

More of tbe same of bad offense and a defense that cannot get off the field. 

Gus did call for more passes to his credit, but his scheme which he’s had forever didn’t open up the passing game. A blind man could’ve seen that coming. Did y’all really think he was going to go full Mike Leach with air raid concepts like empty backfield, scissors routes, sluggos, etc? There isn’t no way Gus would have the time to alter and game plan for that. kind of offense even if he tried. 

2 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

No way dink and dunk can be considered "air raid", at least in my world. 

Exactly

19 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well the “air raid” had nothing to do with the performance of the defense, especially the first half. Anyone that thinks that does not know what they are talking about.

The defense is just not very good. It was obvious in the LSU, MSU, and TN games. It was obvious last night when time and again they would give up 3rd downs and had to stay on the field. Heck the AU offense was actually moving the ball last night in the first half for once (because of the air raid) which gave the d time to rest. It did not matter. 

Team loss. 

All of this. Again the onus will be on tbe offense this offseason but with the defense losing so many key guys, I’m more worried about a steeper defensive regression next year. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

More of tbe same of bad offense and a defense that cannot get off the field. 

Gus did call for more passes to his credit, but his scheme which he’s had forever didn’t open up the passing game. A blind man could’ve seen that coming. Did y’all really think he was going to go full Mike Leach with air raid concepts like empty backfield, scissors routes, sluggos, etc? There isn’t no way Gus would have the time to alter and game plan for that. kind of offense even if he tried. 

Come on man, he changed the offense just a week before the 2016 Clemson game and shocked the world. He just didn’t have an epiphany this week.  :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Archived