bowl practice will fix everything

TigerOne

Just now, DAG said:

Yet you hope the entire fan base ends up worst off. Think about that for a second

I think you are too smart to think that I actually would want that to happen.

13 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I'm one of those rare guys I guess that finds a way to have fun regardless of what Auburn does on the field. Home games, away games, bowl games.

Maybe it is cause my father got sick at an early age and passed before he should of and spent most of the time bitching about it versus experiencing things in the time he had left. Course I'm a true believer that mental health impacts the physical.

Lol, if we go to Houston and play say W. Virginia.... they will destroy us. But **** it, me and the GF will go, think my sister and her family will go also and have a damn good time checking out things in Houston that we haven't done.

Beats the hell out of knowing what is gonna happen, then coming back here for the same ole bitch fest on the same ole things, when absolutely nobody here can do anything about and are at the mercy of money men that use the Universities program like their own little fantasy league.

Understand completely.  It's fun to travel and enjoy the trip outside of football.  The Auburn fanbase is not the wealthiest and I would think the actual football game would be a consideration for most.  Could be wrong on that....  

Personally, I'm not traveling from Philadelphia to Birmingham or Shreveport just to watch Gus embarrass himself.  Wouldn't from Decatur or Geneva, either.  

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, TigerOne said:

for next year. Since practice the rest of the year doesn't relate to any gameday situation (because the opponent doesn't do what we want)

With the trend of NFL bound players sitting out the bowl games I’d wonder what the chances are of some of Auburn’s players sitting out?  If Stidham is truly gone to the NFL or wherever then why not let Willis or Cord go out there and fling it around.  It might actually create more fan interest than Stidham going out there and doing nothing to improve his status and possibly getting hurt.  It’ll either get fans excited about next year or dread what we have returning.  

14 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

With the trend of NFL bound players sitting out the bowl games I’d wonder what the chances are of some of Auburn’s players sitting out?  If Stidham is truly gone to the NFL or wherever then why not let Willis or Cord go out there and fling it around.  It might actually create more fan interest than Stidham going out there and doing nothing to improve his status and possibly getting hurt.  It’ll either get fans excited about next year or dread what we have returning.  

None of our players have Bosa potential where they can sit out because they have no doubt that they will be drafted on day 1. They all need as many reps as possible. 

Glad we're going to get these practices in. I was worried that all the other practices that didn't work was going to be all we get.  But we still have the end of the year super practices to go so there's nothing to worry about. After the super practices we'll be good to go!

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Stidham!!! If you want to talk about NFL then talk about Derrick Brown. Somebody that's good

Sure.  I was using Stidham because we don’t know what’s behind him on the depth chart. Willis not being held back in mop up duty may surprise us or he may be terrible.  Who knows?  Dline has been rotated a lot during the season so not as many question marks.

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Stidham!!! If you want to talk about NFL then talk about Derrick Brown. Somebody that's good

You right. I forgot about him. He is one of the few who could do that. But other than that, we are far and few between within that category.

2 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Can FSU get bowl eligible (are they?).  And we should play them in the Gator Bowl.   Would be fun and a different bowl to go too. 

They are currently 4-6, with Boston College & Florida to play, in Tallahassee.

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

Glad we're going to get these practices in. I was worried that all the other practices that didn't work was going to be all we get.  But we still have the end of the year super practices to go so there's nothing to worry about. After the super practices we'll be good to go!

I was worried but this makes me feel so much less worried. 

I would like to play NC State in a bowl game. We could actually win that game. I do not want to play a team with a prolific offense. Heck, if FSU gets bowl eligible, this could be pay back for 2013 (LOL!!)

On 11/12/2018 at 9:46 AM, ChltteTiger said:

Maybe (actually likely) AU fanbase is spoiled and will treat a Belk Bowl invite as 'crap'. What about teams who are having a good year like Syracuse who have played in real crap bowl games for more than a decade? Won't their fanbase and the team be thrilled with a NY bowl like say Peach Bowl?

I never want to be satisfied with a lesser bowl. No Auburn fan should. If we aren't in the playoff or the other few big games, we came up short. When you start to accept having 8 win seasons, you turn into Mark Richt UGA, mediocre. 

On 11/12/2018 at 7:41 AM, corchjay said:

That's when we will hear how much of a step in the right direction that Joiner, Sandberg, Willis, Jackson, Newkirk, Jibunor, Hill, A. Martin, Gatewood have gained over the course of the season and how important bowl practices are... 

But for some weird reason other then playing a meaningless games Bowl season has become a fireable offence for coaches.  In the days of the playoff era if you aren't top 4 then you aren't crap.  Sure if you are going up against some long lost rival... like say Florida State, Clemson, GT or someone like that sure the game means something.  If not it's just practice and with the new redshirt rule I hope we use it to springboard some young players with some real snaps.  

Painfully true right here.

I really didn't want us to make a bowl game. For some reason I'm compelled to watch Auburn play no matter what and I was hoping the football gods would spare me from having to watch this team play an extra game. Watching poorly executed football and a demoralized defense physically hurts me.

50 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Painfully true right here.

I really didn't want us to make a bowl game. For some reason I'm compelled to watch Auburn play no matter what and I was hoping the football gods would spare me from having to watch this team play an extra game. Watching poorly executed football and a demoralized defense physically hurts me.

Gives me a head ache, but Maker's Mark and a nice slab of ribs seems to ease the pain.:drink9:

Archived