48 minutes ago, AURealist said:

$8.3M?  Sounds high.  

I thought it was:

$880,000 - UF buyout

$4.2M  - USCe salary

$1.7M - incentives

= $6,780,000 max

What have I missed?

The 4.2 is his base. I don't think the base includes the endorsements that come from marketing. Someone would have to check that.

For the record here is the 2018 bases:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-football-coaching-salaries-2018-rank-graph-millions/

Mullen is at 6.3 million and the guy has never even won a division. This is why I said that Alabama paying Saban what they did a long time ago would be bad for the conference.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

2019 will be another 7 to 8 win season.

Then when he does that and gets fired you can celebrate. If he wins 10 plus you can sulk and complain about 2020 then.

So out of curiosity:

Who do you think will realistically take the Auburn job if Gus is fired and why?

Why do you have confidence in the PTB/Money to make a quality hire considering the past two?

How much money are you willing to pay for the replacement, especially if it goes to a coordinator with no HC experience?

1 hour ago, Texan4Auburn said:

The 4.2 is his base. I don't think the base includes the endorsements that come from marketing. Someone would have to check that.

For the record here is the 2018 bases:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-football-coaching-salaries-2018-rank-graph-millions/

Mullen is at 6.3 million and the guy has never even won a division. This is why I said that Alabama paying Saban what they did a long time ago would be bad for the conference.

Seriously 6.3 milly for Mullen. That’s insane. SEC coaches salaries are off the hinges, and show no sign of slowing down (see Jimbos recent deal) Yet we got all the arm chair message board coaches on our forum giving away their expertise for free.  They need to get their resumes in front of Jimmy Sexton quick it’s definitely some millions to be made.....(don’t @ me anybody it’s a joke) 

So next year, assuming we don’t get any game changers (Kelly Bryant, Hugh Freeze, etc.)

Oregon - L

With Justine Herbert coming back the odds of us winning this game drops tremendously. The bulk of our front 7 will be gone and I don’t think our secondary will be able to do enough to stop JH from picking us apart. Could be a pretty ugly loss.

Tulane - W

Should be able to play our backups the entire game and still manage a win. I’m sure we’ll look awesome against Tulane and the sunshine pumpers will be brushing off the Oregon loss.

Kent State - W

Another confidence booster for the Gus Bus. It’ll be nice seeing Woody Barrett again. Hope he rips up our defense and looks like a stud doing it. Like that kid a lot. Unfortunately, he definitely won’t be enough to get his team close to a victory.

Texas A&M - L

SEC away games are easy money when it come to making bets. Bet against Gus in these scenario. With a  full year under his belt, and after we stole a win from them this year, Jimbo coaches circles around Gus.

Mississippi State - W

Still not sold on Joe Moorhead and without Nick Fitzgerald this team is trash. Even as bad as we are this year we had no business losing to them. We’ll win at home and Moo State will spiral back into mediocrity.

Florida - L

Dan Mullen has always had good games against Gus with a lot less talent than he now has at Florida. They’ll be even more difficult to beat next year and the Gators will win against Auburn for the first time in over a decade.

Arkansas - W

I still think Chad Morris is the answer at Arkansas. However, I think it’s going to take some time for him to restructure the team.

LSU - L

It’s at LSU and Gus is our coach. I’ll be looking to put some big money down that we lose this one.

Ole Miss - W

Keeping Matt Luke around is just baffling to me. He’s not the answer for Ole Miss and I think this upcoming year will be when he finally flames out if they don’t can him at the end of this season.

Georgia - L

Fromm it Fields will still be there and Kirby will keep making our offense look like trash. Only reason it won’t be a butt whooping is Gus will be coaching for his job... again. 

Samford - W

Joey Gatewood could play this whole game with Malik Willis as his running back and we’d win.

Alabama - L

Copy and paste whatever the hell is about to happen this weekend. Tua will still be there and they’ll have the best team money can buy.

(6-6) here we come!!!

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

So next year, assuming we don’t get any game changers (Kelly Bryant, Hugh Freeze, etc.)

Oregon - L

With Justine Herbert coming back the odds of us winning this game drops tremendously. The bulk of our front 7 will be gone and I don’t think our secondary will be able to do enough to stop JH from picking us apart. Could be a pretty ugly loss.

Tulane - W

Should be able to play our backups the entire game and still manage a win. I’m sure we’ll look awesome against Tulane and the sunshine pumpers will be brushing off the Oregon loss.

Kent State - W

Another confidence booster for the Gus Bus. It’ll be nice seeing Woody Barrett again. Hope he rips up our defense and looks like a stud doing it. Like that kid a lot. Unfortunately, he definitely won’t be enough to get his team close to a victory.

Texas A&M - L

SEC away games are easy money when it come to making bets. Bet against Gus in these scenario. With a  full year under his belt, and after we stole a win from them this year, Jimbo coaches circles around Gus.

Mississippi State - W

Still not sold on Joe Moorhead and without Nick Fitzgerald this team is trash. Even as bad as we are this year we had no business losing to them. We’ll win at home and Moo State will spiral back into mediocrity.

Florida - L

Dan Mullen has always had good games against Gus with a lot less talent than he now has at Florida. They’ll be even more difficult to beat next year and the Gators will win against Auburn for the first time in over a decade.

Arkansas - W

I still think Chad Morris is the answer at Arkansas. However, I think it’s going to take some time for him to restructure the team.

LSU - L

It’s at LSU and Gus is our coach. I’ll be looking to put some big money down that we lose this one.

Ole Miss - W

Keeping Matt Luke around is just baffling to me. He’s not the answer for Ole Miss and I think this upcoming year will be when he finally flames out if they don’t can him at the end of this season.

Georgia - L

Fromm it Fields will still be there and Kirby will keep making our offense look like trash. Only reason it won’t be a butt whooping is Gus will be coaching for his job... again. 

Samford - W

Joey Gatewood could play this whole game with Malik Willis as his running back and we’d win.

Alabama - L

Copy and paste whatever the hell is about to happen this weekend. Tua will still be there and they’ll have the best team money can buy.

(6-6) here we come!!!

From what I took away from this is you seriously do not know why Ole Miss retained Matt Luke?!?! BECAUSE IT IS FREAKING OLE MISS!!! They already are not a desirable job. You couple that with major sanctions AND NO ONE wants that job. So you let Matt Luke ride out the worst of it and hire a actual real coach in a couple of years.

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Seriously 6.3 milly for Mullen. That’s insane. SEC coaches salaries are off the hinges, and show no sign of slowing down (see Jimbos recent deal) Yet we got all the arm chair message board coaches on our forum giving away their expertise for free.  They need to get their resumes in front of Jimmy Sexton quick it’s definitely some millions to be made.....(don’t @ me anybody it’s a joke) 

Yup, and there are schools doing this stuff that raise tuition to pay for this type of stuff. Auburn is one of them.

Now if Auburn was like aTm and didn't touch tuition/academics for athletic money then I'd say fire em every year if you like. They made it very clear with the firing of Sumlin and his staff no academic money would be touched. We aren't aTm though and neither are our donors/money boys.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Oregon - L

Tulane - W

Kent State - W

Texas A&M - L

Mississippi State - W

Florida - L

Arkansas - W

LSU - L

Ole Miss - W

Georgia - L

Samford - W

Alabama - L

(6-6) here we come!!!

Hopefully this would be enough to show him the door.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

From what I took away from this is you seriously do not know why Ole Miss retained Matt Luke?!?! BECAUSE IT IS FREAKING OLE MISS!!! They already are not a desirable job. You couple that with major sanctions AND NO ONE wants that job. So you let Matt Luke ride out the worst of it and hire a actual real coach in a couple of years.

I see where you’re coming from but I think any SEC school can be appealing. Even with sanctions someone would be willing to get a shot at the SEC.

You make a good point though. Still, I feel bad for them in a way. 

Just now, Zeek said:

I see where you’re coming from but I think any SEC school can be appealing. Even with sanctions someone would be willing to get a shot at the SEC.

You make a good point though. Still, I feel bad for them in a way. 

After 2010 I hate every sec team. SO f$%k em!!!!! haha

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

After 2010 I hate every sec team. SO f$%k em!!!!! haha

The more I get on Twitter the more my hate is being focused on the real A-Holes of the world.

From my interactions on Twitter these are the worst fans:

Middle aged fat, and typically racist, white Bama fans

Oklahoma fans seem to think their program is leagues above any SEC program

Notre Dame fans are absolutely insufferable. They call everyone else mediocre even though they’re (5-12) in bowl games over the last 17 years and haven’t won a NY6 bowl since 1994.

Ohio State fans who don’t seem to understand facts and reality.

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

The more I get on Twitter the more my hate is being focused on the real A-Holes of the world.

From my interactions on Twitter these are the worst fans:

Middle aged fat, and typically racist, white Bama fans

Oklahoma fans seem to think their program is leagues above any SEC program

Notre Dame fans are absolutely insufferable. They call everyone else mediocre even though they’re (5-12) in bowl games over the last 17 years and haven’t won a NY6 bowl since 1994.

Ohio State fans who don’t seem to understand facts and reality.

hahahaha so basically what you have discovered is all those blue blood fans have a elitist entitled attitude? Sounds about right.

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahaha so basically what you have discovered is all those blue blood fans have a elitist entitled attitude? Sounds about right.

I should have assumed but I don’t meet too many Oklahoma or Notre Dame fans. Their hate for UCF right now is borderline obsessive.

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I should have assumed but I don’t meet too many Oklahoma or Notre Dame fans. Their hate for UCF right now is borderline obsessive.

Oklahoma has a right to be that cocky. Their tradition is outstanding. Notre Dame? BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA They have been terrible most of the time since Lou Holtz.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:09 PM, Mikey said:

Possibly because he didn't want to be redshirted and maybe the staff thought playing him some would help turn his attitude around. The guy is running 5th string. I don't see why there's all the angst about him not being played more/less.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/12/an-inside-look-at-how-auburn-botched-asa-martins-redshirt.html#incart_river_index

1 hour ago, auelvis87 said:

Of course, I read that piece before commenting the first time. If you believe that writer hasn't been on an anti-Aubun, anti-Gus kick for three years now, I've got some ocean front property in Kansas I'd like to sell you.

There are any number of possible reasons for playing a kid in five or more games that don't involve "botching" a redshirt year.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Of course, I read that piece before commenting the first time. If you believe that writer hasn't been on an anti-Aubun, anti-Gus kick for three years now, I've got some ocean front property in Kansas I'd like to sell you.

There are any number of possible reasons for playing a kid in five or more games that don't involve "botching" a redshirt year.

"There are any number of possible reasons for playing a kid in five or more games that don't involve "botching" a redshirt year."

Yeah.  It sounds like Asa's mom totally agrees with your statement.  And I'm sure she appreciates being ignored by the coaching staff.

Thanks, but I'll pass on the property in Kansas.  I'd rather have some ocean front property in Montana.

37 minutes ago, auelvis87 said:

"There are any number of possible reasons for playing a kid in five or more games that don't involve "botching" a redshirt year."

Yeah.  It sounds like Asa's mom totally agrees with your statement.  And I'm sure she appreciates being ignored by the coaching staff.

Thanks, but I'll pass on the property in Kansas.  I'd rather have some ocean front property in Montana.

That's the thing about the fake news defense, Elvis. You can't argue against willful ignorance. Some would rather look stupid than reevaluate their stance on something. Your logic and reason are useless against that armor. 

We have direct quotes from a person who has every reason NOT to go on record about any of this, but yeah, let's whine about a beat writer's anti-Auburn bias. What a crybaby way to be.

As for ocean front property in Montana, I'm with you. I think maybe it's called Alaska and I really hope to find out one day. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's the thing about the fake news defense, Elvis. You can't argue against willful ignorance. Some would rather look stupid than reevaluate their stance on something. Your logic and reason are useless against that armor. 

We have direct quotes from a person who has every reason NOT to go on record about any of this, but yeah, let's whine about a beat writer's anti-Auburn bias. What a crybaby way to be.

As for ocean front property in Montana, I'm with you. I think maybe it's called Alaska and I really hope to find out one day. 

Oooh.  Now my feelings are hurt and I"m crying because I'm a crybaby.  I've completely changed my view on Gus because of you.  What was I thinking as I've sat in JH on numerous occasions and felt that maybe, just maybe, Gus was in over his head.  I am now totally fine with the way Gus has run our football program and I hope he never leaves.  Thank you so much for showing me the way.  Elvis has left the building and heading for Alaska.  I'll send you a postcard.

WDE!

1 minute ago, auelvis87 said:

Oooh.  Now my feelings are hurt and I"m crying because I'm a crybaby.  I've completely changed my view on Gus because of you.  What was I thinking as I've sat in JH on numerous occasions and felt that maybe, just maybe, Gus was in over his head.  I am now totally fine with the way Gus has run our football program and I hope he never leaves.  Thank you so much for showing me the way.  Elvis has left the building and heading for Alaska.  I'll send you a postcard.

WDE!

Hmm. I think maybe I wasn't clear who I was talking about in my response to you. It wasn't you. 

Or maybe it is I who am misunderstanding your post. Intrigue!

Don't leave the building. We could really use a nice version of 'Blue Christmas' right now.

5 minutes ago, auelvis87 said:

WDE!

I am pretty sure he was siding with you. Good grief.

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The GF and I watched a documentary about the infamous Jim Jones and not drinking the kool aid. She uttered “ I just don’t see how people could be this willfully oblivious.”  Only is she read some of the post on this forum.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am pretty sure he was siding with you. Good grief.

That one's on me. Elvis doesn't know me and I didn't really read the room. A lot of sharp edges and raw nerves these days and I'm not helping. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That one's on me. Elvis doesn't know me and I didn't really read the room. A lot of sharp edges and raw nerves these days and I'm not helping. 

I apologize to you McLoofus.  I may have misunderstood your comment, but I do think you hit the nail on the head.  A lot of sharp edges, raw nerves, and frustration these days.  I did not conduct myself as a very good Auburn man.  Elvis has not left the building, and Alaska is too cold for me. 

"I'll have a blue and orange Christmas without you.  I'll be so blue and orange just thinking about AU football.  Gus'll be doin' all right with his cash and Audi coupe, but I'll have a blue and orange off season."  

Archived